Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MOTM for me today, credit where it's due. First time all season we've had a player making runs into dangerous areas time and again. The finishing wasn't quite there but hopefully that'll come - that second shot on the volley suggests he has the instincts and the flair, he's maybe just overthinking it a bit. Needs a run of starts now as others have said.

Thought he looked dangerous today for us. Pace, effort and skill. Not been able to say tht about him too much so credit where it's due. If.....he can stay fit he could still be a very good player for us potentially especially in the Championship next season (fill Archers shoes). It's the staying fit part which is seemingly impossible for the lad. I'm really hoping he still comes good for us.

Just needs to stay fit, more match sharpness and there's no reason he can't be our most potent striker. Two good saves from the keeper and a block away from scoring. Not sure our other strikers would have done ae well or better with those chances.

Impossible to judge his football ability at United so far. Has a serious injury, plays a game or two as he tries to get fit, gets a serious injury. Rince and repeat. Played very well today. Worked his bollocks off, excellent link play, intelligent movement. Please stay fit.

Not sure that's fair considering his injuries are bad hamstring ones.

He has another a year on his contract.
Tricky one, club won't want to lose the 25m if we don't offer him a new contract and he turns good, wouldn't be able to afford to anyway if we don't go up.

The rule is “denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity” so I guess it depends on whether you define it as clear. The covering defender and the fact the challenge happens out wide rather than central is probably why they’ve deemed it yellow.
And his knock forward was very heavy. I think the keeper would’ve easily dealt with it.

You know when people defend Brewster on here and they get people going “What have you seen in him” “Ive not seen owt” blah blah blah, well performances like today are what we have seen glimpses of. Admittedly not enough but theres potential there.

There are many criticisms that can be aimed at him, some not his fault, some are but the lad clearly has ability and he wants to do well for the club.

Injuries have probably put him a couple of years behind in his development as a player. He’s still got to become more intelligent as a player, his movement and positioning could be better at times but today he showed he can give defenders a hard time at this level and its something to work on between now and the end of the season.

Tbh, I’d play him at every available opportunity to allow him to get his confidence up. It really is shit or bust time for him at United but if he can feel fit until the end of the season, he’s in with a shout.
Absolutely spot on post. Injuries have totally ravaged his time with us but if he can stay fit now, he can be a real asset for us. He demonstrated that he still has that vital bit of pace today and he’s strong in possession.
Critically for me, he’s an instinctive finisher. The two volleys he hit today showed great technique with both feet.
He’ll get criticism for missing the one on one chance but the defender fouled him in my view - certainly knocking him off balance as he shot.
If he does stay fit, he just needs the confidence of a goal or two and we could see him play a really big part in our rebuild.

Fair play to Brewster, that red the other week was frustrating and would also have knocked his confidence.

But he’s played 82 mins today and grew into the game, the communication improved throughout.

For all his energy and endeavour, he was a threat to row Z for most of his chances but he kept going and looked better second half

When Diaz and Archer are injured he’s not a prolific threat, but he’s giving himself a chance…

Though saying all that he looked to be hobbling when he came off so it’s probably the last we’ll see of him this season or he’ll smash a hat trick v Arsenal
He had three excellent efforts, two technically superb, one into row Z…played very well and deserves to keep the shirt

Absolutely spot on post. Injuries have totally ravaged his time with us but if he can stay fit now, he can be a real asset for us. He demonstrated that he still has that vital bit of pace today and he’s strong in possession.
Critically for me, he’s an instinctive finisher. The two volleys he hit today showed great technique with both feet.
He’ll get criticism for missing the one on one chance but the defender fouled him in my view - certainly knocking him off balance as he shot.
If he does stay fit, he just needs the confidence of a goal or two and we could see him play a really big part in our rebuild.
Brewsters touch and shielding of the ball has got better. There are still two aspects of his game that need development. 1. His movement. He was more involved today than I have seen from him in the past but there are obvious runs he should make to receive a pass that he doesn't make. 2. Variety in shooting. From what we have seen of him he likes to strike through the ball, hitting it first time if he can. That can look great or goes to row Z. If he can improve on those aspects we may finally have the Brewster we hoped we bought.

He was a pleasant surprise today, actually looked like he wanted to be a footballer rather than the fat lazy waster that's dawdled around the pitch a few times as a sub. Should definitely start the next game, see if he can keep it up and get a bit sharper.

Brewsters touch and shielding of the ball has got better. There are still two aspects of his game that need development. 1. His movement. He was more involved today than I have seen from him in the past but there are obvious runs he should make to receive a pass that he doesn't make. 2. Variety in shooting. From what we have seen of him he likes to strike through the ball, hitting it first time if he can. That can look great or goes to row Z. If he can improve on those aspects we may finally have the Brewster we hoped we bought.
Great observations

I was really surprised that he’s kept his pace since having a hamstring injury/inuries? And also he won quite a few headers when we pumped it long which is some task against Craig Dawson who for me is one of the best headers of the ball I’ve seen. Like I posted on the match day thread I’m not a huge fan of him but if he can stay fit and keep these type of performances up he could quite easily change my mind.

Number 1. Was likely greatly improved as he was actually playing as a central striker today, rather than coming on as a sub to play in wide midfield, which is absolutely not his game, but is how he seems to have been used too often.

Played well today , played off the shoulders of their centre backs & looked very sharp . Goes without saying not getting carried away with hid injury record ! .. . but credit where credits due did well .. MOTM today

Be good to see him finish the season on a high and be rewarded with a new contract. Either that or with only a year left he will have to be sold. Neither of which will work if he does not prove his fitness

There was the Liverpool hierarchy watching today in the corporate,heard him speaking with Klopp saying‘get that buy back paperwork ready,he’s our next Salah’

It was a pleasant surprise to see Brew play like that. Gave it 100% and looked tidy. 2 great snap shots. Looked pacey and hungry.

Was definitely our MOM - looking forward to seeing him again.

It’s been hell for him for 3 years and not much fun for us. Let’s pray he’s turned a corner and fitness woes are behind him.

prob wants to make sure he keeps that England shirt too. Helps with the value.

Back
Top Bottom