Brentford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

See post #24, have to admit the streets round the back of the pub look a little seedy, but parked there last couple of times with no problem, might be worth getting there early.

Cheers 2ndtenorblade - clocked your post after I hit "enter" - sounds a good one.
Should be OK as we are going in Ken Jnr's car :) so we can share the driving ;)

Swiss, your posts usually make perfect sense, but this one has me puzzled.

I knew that would puzzle you, but your mention of the magpie from last season sparked off some memories of the post match. Quite a few of us had a few drinkies in there and had a good old sing along with some senior blades.

I knew that would puzzle you, but your mention of the magpie from last season sparked off some memories of the post match. Quite a few of us had a few drinkies in there and had a good old sing along with some senior blades.

See the pic...

2012-11-24 19.06.24.jpg

Guess why you got a 'like'?

Because you missed the "reply" button? :)

Is that a Megatrain?

On Saturdays, there's usually a big gap between buses... it's 03:50 then 07:00... none in between

Yes Linz sorry it's the train. Get there bright and early !!

I'm assuming that it's a disembark at Kew Bridge for The Botanist?

For those travelling on the Megabus to Victoria Coach Station - it's a train from Victoria Railway Station to Clapham Junction, then change at CJ for a train heading to Brentford. If the trains fall right, it's about a 40 minute journey.

Mousey... it's a consultation of the TFL site for you.

I have a similar journey time, just got to change at Victoria.

Seems as though it'll be a decent turnout despite tonights setback.
I found out this morning that my mate cant make this one so I have a spare ticket available in the seats if anyone fancies it.

That would be my preference but having to pick up the terrace tickets from the lane is an issue.

Foxy, Linz Anyone popping to the lane betwixt now and Friday fancy picking me one up? :)

I'll be going past later.

But, whether you're sitting or standing, you go in the same turnstiles, so you could take the ticket off Blackheath Blade and then just stand on the terrace... BB gets rid of his ticket, you get to stand up :)

Was going to volunteer, but Linz' suggestion above seems the most sensible.

I'm going and we're probably gonna lose. I hope our defence have their tin hats on. A point would be a very good result imo.

2/1 for Blades win Sat..... It's on my bet and I will witness it happen too :D

As nobody responded to other comment, anywhere to park nearby?

2/1 for Blades win Sat..... It's on my bet and I will witness it happen too :D

As nobody responded to other comment, anywhere to park nearby?

Plenty of street parking, North of the A4 is normally best, Parking wardens will be happy to give you a ticket if they can so be careful!

I prefer the Magpie & Crown on Brentford High Street, there is unrestricted parking behind the pub, they always have a good selection of beer, it is a fairly short walk to the ground and it has a nice friendly atmosphere.

When you say "unrestricted parking behind the pub" do you mean on Brent Way?
I checked that on Google Street View and it looks as though it's max 2 hours parking Mon to Sat up to 17:30
Where have you parked before?

Just noticed there is a place called "Weir Bar" round the corner on the junction of Market Place and Lion Way
Looks more of a wine bar / Gastro though.

Seems as though it'll be a decent turnout despite tonights setback.
I found out this morning that my mate cant make this one so I have a spare ticket available in the seats if anyone fancies it.

Cheers H B.

See you in the Botanist Saturday lunchtime. Apologies for the delay in responding, just got in from work.

Thanks to those who showed an interest. UTB

When you say "unrestricted parking behind the pub" do you mean on Brent Way?
I checked that on Google Street View and it looks as though it's max 2 hours parking Mon to Sat up to 17:30
Where have you parked before?

Just noticed there is a place called "Weir Bar" round the corner on the junction of Market Place and Lion Way
Looks more of a wine bar / Gastro though.

Yes Brent way, they may have changed the parking rules, it used to apply Monday to Friday. I'll have a look too. Wine bars is for shandy supping suvners.

Yes Brent way, they may have changed the parking rules, it used to apply Monday to Friday. I'll have a look too. Wine bars is for shandy supping suvners.

If you park in the marked bays it is as you say, but if you find a strip of single yellow the restriction is Monday to Friday

Great array of beers in the Magpie.
Thanks for the tip 2ndtenorblade.
Parking a breeze as well
No snap though. Scotch egg consumed.
V nice but shame they are not doing food

Back
Top Bottom