Brentford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

7am Megabus down for me and his Lordship.

Mousey can't deign to travel on something so like a bus, so is missing 45 minutes valuable drinking time and is coming down on the train later.

Plan is to head to Kew and hope someone knows where we're going.

I've managed to get a pass out for a couple of drinks but can't make the game. See you all in Kew.

moDtheGod same place as last year?

Mousey can't deign to travel on something so like a bus, so is missing 45 minutes valuable drinking time and is coming down on the train later.

Head for the Botanist.

I'm bussing it back at least. It was just £9 extra to go on the train and it leaves 2 hours later. That is £4.50 per extra hour in bed. A price I am happy to pay.

Plus, I have seen you in a morning before. Scary.

I'm assuming that it's a disembark at Kew Bridge for The Botanist?

For those travelling on the Megabus to Victoria Coach Station - it's a train from Victoria Railway Station to Clapham Junction, then change at CJ for a train heading to Brentford. If the trains fall right, it's about a 40 minute journey.

Mousey... it's a consultation of the TFL site for you.

For those travelling on the Megabus to Victoria Coach Station - it's a train from Victoria Railway Station to Clapham Junction, then change at CJ for a train heading to Brentford. If the trains fall right, it's about a 40 minute journey.

Don't forget the 10 minute walk to the train station from the coach station.

Don't forget the 10 minute walk to the train station from the coach station.

10 minutes? Aye... if you're one of those aimless meanderers/airheads with wheely suitcases/students who can't put one foot in front of the other.

For Blades with a pub to get to, you can half the time.

Linz it's better to get the District line from Victoria to Kew Gardens (Richmond branch). The pub is on the Richmond side of Kew Green and that way you don't have to change: the tube journey is under 30 mins.

You could also walk from Victoria coach station to Sloane Square tube - it's probably 2-3 mins further but it's in the right direction and it's got three major advantages: it's not being upgraded (read: demolished and rebuilt while still open), it's a one-line station so no underground maze and it's far quieter than Victoria.

If you're using TfL's directions you can usually halve the walking times.

Can't cope with getting up that early. Need all the beauty sleep I can get.

Setting off at 9.30am with 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' and eldest daughter(i.e. stroppy 21 year old). Will hopefully be in the New Inn between 12.30pm and 1pm to meet up with the brother in law and my nephew having conveniently parked in the estate opposite the pub .

I prefer the Magpie & Crown on Brentford High Street, there is unrestricted parking behind the pub, they always have a good selection of beer, it is a fairly short walk to the ground and it has a nice friendly atmosphere.

I'm a wanderer.... Hey up Sheff de party, is Adelaide Blade leading the singing again this season?

Linz it's better to get the District line from Victoria to Kew Gardens (Richmond branch). The pub is on the Richmond side of Kew Green and that way you don't have to change: the tube journey is under 30 mins.

You could also walk from Victoria coach station to Sloane Square tube - it's probably 2-3 mins further but it's in the right direction and it's got three major advantages: it's not being upgraded (read: demolished and rebuilt while still open), it's a one-line station so no underground maze and it's far quieter than Victoria.

If you're using TfL's directions you can usually halve the walking times.

Guess why you got a 'like'?

Kenilworth Junior and I got tix this AM - Well Ken Senior is collecting from The Lane and posting 'cos they won't post terrace tix - just seating one's - Brentford rules apparently. How bizarre?
Done over 60 grounds with the Blades but this is a new one for me.
Anyway, I prefer to stand at games

We are driving down the M40, M25 then M4 -

Any advice on where to park and what pub we should head for?

Yes indeed - I'll be starting my 2 weeks holidays with a visit to Brentford. The wife doesn't want to go for some inexplicable reason involving us being a bit rubbish or something, so I'll be getting to kew/ brentford way about 12.30 or 1 all being well. I'll be on the text on the saturday morning, Webmasters ...

Kenilworth Junior and I got tix this AM - Well Ken Senior is collecting from The Lane and posting 'cos they won't post terrace tix - just seating one's - Brentford rules apparently. How bizarre?

Anyway, I prefer to stand at games

We are driving down the M40, M25 then M4 - any advice on where to park and what pub we should head for?
Done over 60 grounds with the Blades but this is a new one for me.

See post #24, have to admit the streets round the back of the pub look a little seedy, but parked there last couple of times with no problem, might be worth getting there early.

Back
Top Bottom