Brayford or Lowton ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brayford or Lowton?

• Total voters

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
Let's say that NC said we can sign one but only one. Which would you have ?!

I think I'd take Brayford

Might change the question to "if Brayford didn't have a beard..."

Might change the question to "if Brayford didn't have a beard..."
822116-1.jpg

Tricky. Brayford is the better defender, but Lowton edges the attacking element.

I think given Brayford was a more mature player in his time here, that gives him the nod. Just.

Lowton couldn't get out of here quick enough..

Brayford wants to be here regardless of money..

No brainer....

Btw, don't give me clauses and agents rubbish...

They could have all stayed, it was their choice,.the agent says what its worth and the player decides...

The player....decides..end of

Brayford shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as lowton.

Lowton couldn't get out of here quick enough..

Brayford wants to be here regardless of money..

No brainer....

Btw, don't give me clauses and agents rubbish...

They could have all stayed, it was their choice,.the agent says what its worth and the player decides...

The player....decides..end of

Brayford shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as lowton.

Other way round Tez, Lowton shouldn't be mentioned etc etc

Bladey Blades voting for Lowton, I fear. There can't be any other reason!

I don't often disagree with JD but Lowton better going forward? Not on my watch he isn't! And his penalty-taking....

No contest, this one.

Here's the squad from the last Brazil world cup, any ex blades in there?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1950_FIFA_World_Cup_squads
Ted Burgin was the first Blade to be in a World Cup squad in 1954. He was reserve keeper to Gil Merrick. Alan Hodgkinson was reserve keeper to Ron Springett in 1962 WC. In 1994 Jostein Flo was the first Blade to play in a World Cup finals match and Roger Nilsen was in Norway's squad too but he didnt play

Forgot to add that Hodgy was in 1958 world Cup squad but he was 3rd choice keeper to Colin McDonald and Eddie Hopkinson. Dont think Hodgy travelled to Sweden

Ted Burgin was the first Blade to be in a World Cup squad in 1954. He was reserve keeper to Gil Merrick. Alan Hodgkinson was reserve keeper to Ron Springett in 1962 WC. In 1994 Jostein Flo was the first Blade to play in a World Cup finals match and Roger Nilsen was in Norway's squad too but he didnt play

This time I'd be suprised if Jags Walker and Cahill don't make it only injury would keep them out.

Good knowledge there sir.
But what about ex blades?
How many went onto play for England after playing for us?

Kelly was in the 1994 Ireland squad and didn't play and Patrick Suffo was still on United's books when he played in Cameroon's first game in 2002, before we transferred him to Numancia before the next game.

Brayford.

When's England squad announced?..guess Porter's saving his tweets for then...

UTB!

Knew I'd be in a minority voting Lowton, but didn't think it would be that extreme...

We haven't seen the two players in comparable circumstances, with Lowton being still very inexperienced for a defender when he left us. However, I think if Lowton were put into a League One side now he would stand out at least as much a Brayford has done (well, apart from the beard, obviously - I'm thinking in footballing terms...)

Brayford has cult status, thanks to the beard, and being here at a time when the team is winning games. If the team were losing games, he'd start to get criticism like everyone else.

For me, the fact that Lowton's established himself in a Premier League team just tips the balance.

Regardless, either would be an excellent signing - although if the chances of signing Brayford are small, the chances of signing Lowton are non-existent.

Knew I'd be in a minority voting Lowton, but didn't think it would be that extreme...

We haven't seen the two players in comparable circumstances, with Lowton being still very inexperienced for a defender when he left us. However, I think if Lowton were put into a League One side now he would stand out at least as much a Brayford has done (well, apart from the beard, obviously - I'm thinking in footballing terms...)

Brayford has cult status, thanks to the beard, and being here at a time when the team is winning games. If the team were losing games, he'd start to get criticism like everyone else.

For me, the fact that Lowton's established himself in a Premier League team just tips the balance.

Regardless, either would be an excellent signing - although if the chances of signing Brayford are small, the chances of signing Lowton are non-existent.

Lowton's made 15 appearances for Villa this season..is that established?
Maybe...

I can see both Lowton and Brayford playing in the Champ next season

It has to be Brayford for me. His all round game is better than Lowton's in my opinion and I don't think I've ever watched a United team with a right back that stood out quite as much and I think "wow he's not in the Prem?!" I never thought Lowton could crack it at Premier League but last season showed he is capable. However has Brayford even had a chance at PL level? I think Brayford is definitely of a higher quality.

Now I voted Brayford, however, I definitely considered the points made by WorkingtonBlade also. Difficult to compare the two. At the end of the day, Lowton has made over 50 Premier League appearances at 24, whereas Brayford has made 0 Premier League appearances at 26. As said, neither are within our reach if we are being realistic. I think some forget we're still a League 1 club. There are many teams in the championship who draw similar or larger crowds, with similar or larger budgets, so why join the League 1 team? Wouldn't make sense from a career point of view. Having said that, we can be the best draw in our division, so should cherry pick League 1 players just as Wolves did. That's the way to get out of the division.

Back
Top Bottom