Bramall Lane Mega Challenge 2020!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bergen Blade

Reaction score
Bramall Lane Mega Challenge 2020!

Competitors for the home side is selected by:
1608282188865.png

Competitors for the away side is selected by:

1608282264786.png

And the selected competitors for the home side are:

1608282501615.png

And the selected competitors for the away side are:

1608282604419.png

The man with the starting gun is:

1608282707299.png

BUT what will be the actual competition? Here are the options:

• Wrestling
  • Jumping
  • Dribbling/tackling
  • Late 80s pop quiz
  • 30 yard Sprint

Who gets to decide the competition?

1608283023600.png

What is his choice?

• 30 yard Sprint!

Random Blades player reaction to this choice:

1608283654177.png

The challenge begins!

1608284024715.png

And the result is...

1608283914172.png
1608284366566.png

This dropped like a plummet!😆 I'm in quarantine and obviously have too much time on my hands .

Nobody wanting to stand up for this poorly disguised and silly attack on John Egan's positioning ability?

I think we need to put more pressure on Lindelof when he passes the ball.

This dropped like a plummet!😆 I'm in quarantine and obviously have too much time on my hands .

Nobody wanting to stand up for this poorly disguised and silly attack on John Egan's positioning ability?
He does get caught out by the ball over the top and against someone like Rashford or Greenwood that was a likely path of exploitation yesterday BUT he is a cracking defender, has been one of the few to stand up and be counted this season. He needs pace alongside him clearly which made the Jags sub all the more baffling.

He does get caught out by the ball over the top and against someone like Rashford or Greenwood that was a likely path of exploitation yesterday BUT he is a cracking defender, has been one of the few to stand up and be counted this season. He needs pace alongside him clearly which made the Jags sub all the more baffling.

He is a cracking defender, a fighter, good in the air, strong, good at tackling and blocking.

But. These are goals that school boys would be embarrassed to concede. It's one of the most basic rules of defending. Drop deeper if man on the ball is not closed down.

If we don't focus on it (because I reckon opposition teams will) it may ruin any hope of an escape. A lot of posts are focusing on the failed rescue plans (Jags, Ramsdale) and not the main catastrophe.

He is a cracking defender, a fighter, good in the air, strong, good at tackling and blocking.

But. These are goals that school boys would be embarrassed to concede. It's one of the most basic rules of defending. Drop deeper if man on the ball is not closed down.

If we don't focus on it (because I reckon opposition teams will) it may ruin any hope of an escape. A lot of posts are focusing on the failed rescue plans (Jags, Ramsdale) and not the main catastrophe.
Agree. Teams already do focus on it.

We don’t help ourselves in that I think our ‘press’ is inconsistent. It’s too easy for an opposition midfielder or even defender in yesterday’s case to play a ball over the top under little to no pressure.

we do have to drop deeper though

If you're going to play a high line, you need the discipline of the Arsenal of old not to get caught out in behind, something our defence lacks especially considering the amount of late, set piece and goals to balls in behind we've conceded.

One of the first things I was told as a kid playing in the centre of the defence was to stay goal side knowing that once a lad with the pace of Rashford got in behind, its too late, never getting there.

I was just about to post you must have too much time on your hands and then you admitted it yourself 😊

Back
Top Bottom