Bramall Lane Attendances

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

StonesysUTB

Reaction score
I want to increase the attendances at Bramall Lane, I want improve the atmosphere and get the blades back where they belong. Please could all Blades fill in this survey I have made for my University dissertation. It will only take 5 minutes of your time and all reponses will be very much appreciated. Thankyou

http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=cmg1a05su4k8ie578845

I want to increase the attendances at Bramall Lane, I want improve the atmosphere and get the blades back where they belong. Please could all Blades fill in this survey I have made for my University dissertation. It will only take 5 minutes of your time and all reponses will be very much appreciated. Thankyou

http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=cmg1a05su4k8ie578845

Done for you. Please don't take this the wrong way but before you hand in your dissertation you'll need to learn the difference between the noun "effect" and the verb "to affect".* If in doubt, use "impact" instead.

http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/affect-versus-effect.aspx

*Before the pedants pick up on it I know there is a transitive verb "to effect" but that's not applicable in this context.

Thankyou to everyone who has filled in my survey, and thankyou for the constructive criticism. Hopefully the data you have given will have some positive outcomes. Great result this weekend! Lets carry this result on tomorrow night and Oldham this weekend. Will be my first time going to the Boundary Park, I've heard away end is a mess? UTB

Thankyou to everyone who has filled in my survey, and thankyou for the constructive criticism. Hopefully the data you have given will have some positive outcomes. Great result this weekend! Lets carry this result on tomorrow night and Oldham this weekend. Will be my first time going to the Boundary Park, I've heard away end is a mess? UTB

Do you know Jacob Esan?

I've done it.

Just a heads up, I will likely be posting my (non football related) dissertation questionnaire on here for people to fill in so would be grateful to anybody willing to respond.

Cheers

Latters

Done, not a criticism, but the survey isn't likely to have an impact on ticket arrangements and pricing. Too many other factors are at play which by far overrule even the most oversubscribed attempts at gaining the opinions of potential consumers.

It's simple, be successful = more people lose excuses not to go :)

Given that our average attendance is 6k higher than the 2nd best supported club in League 1 - and more than double the average attendance of all but 3 clubs - I don't think there's much wrong with our crowds is there?

Do you know Jacob Esan?
No sorry I dont know him? Thanks for the help guys ive recieved more replies than expected. Personally I think we have great attendances for the league we are in, I just miss the days of 32,000 fans making the best atmosphere I have ever witnessed, but I am not deluded thinking that this research will get us back there, but hopefully my research will help?

I just miss the days of 32,000 fans making the best atmosphere I have ever witnessed, but I am not deluded thinking that this research will get us back there, but hopefully my research will help?

What would get us that kind of attendance is gaining promotion from League One and skipping the Championship entirely, going straight into the Premiership.... because you ain't gonna get anywhere near 30k otherwise.

What would get us that kind of attendance is gaining promotion from League One and skipping the Championship entirely, going straight into the Premiership.... because you ain't gonna get anywhere near 30k otherwise.

This is the truth. Anything else is unimportant. We get in the Premiership and we get the crowds.

Is it that straight forward though?

Consider "our" example. Back in the halcyon days of Utdite/BOM, we'd have a regular 15/20 crowded round the pool table in the Nelly - our hq much as the Lion is on S2 - with a few who'd pop in and say hello every so often. Not going to name all names etc, but to my surest knowledge there's only Brownie, Les, Latts and Potter of the hardcore and Grecian of the pop-in-when-you-can who are still every gamers.

Glory hunters? Nope - I'm fairly sure I was the newest fan of all, just the 17 years behind me. So what's happened? Life. Simple as. Other things come along, be it moving long distances for work/family reasons, moving really, really long distances so you can yee-haw with some good ol boys, making the transition from single and cash rich to couple/marriage/kids and no longer so all come along and mean you drop out and those factors are still there whether it's Yeovil at home or Arsenal. Indeed, when one is £20 in and the other likely to be nearer £40 (and viewable sat on your arse at home/pub by legal means or otherwise), why are we so sure they will all come back?

Is

Glory hunters? Nope - I'm fairly sure I was the newest fan of all, just the 17 years behind me. So what's happened? Life. Simple as. Other things come along, be it moving long distances for work/family reasons, moving really, really long distances so you can yee-haw with some good ol boys, making the transition from single and cash rich to couple/marriage/kids and no longer so all come along and mean you drop out and those factors are still there whether it's Yeovil at home or Arsenal. Indeed, when one is £20 in and the other likely to be nearer £40 (and viewable sat on your arse at home/pub by legal means or otherwise), why are we so sure they will all come back?

I fall into this category after putting in 30 years of home and away. Yes life gets more complicated with kids and work but the sad fact is that football and United just don't do it for me any more for a varuety of reasons and unless STs become irresistible then there is no chance I am going to make the decision to go to all the games no matter what league or what position, I will pick and choose a handful each season.

What United failed to realise is that once the habit is broken it is very hard to get it back. That's why they should have been more dynamic with STs.

Anyone thinking we can significantly increase match day attendances without selling thousands more STs before the season even starts is living in dreamland.

On the plus side as I get older the atmosphere gets shitter and I do enjoy the peace and quite of a trip to the Lane library these days, even a possible promotion seems unable to stir the passions of the masses in modern day Bladedom. Maybe providing books would increase attendances?

I think if I wasn't an old git, paying seniors price for a ST and the price for our Jack until last season was only a tenner, now gone up to £40. Meaning that for Me, the better half and Jack we pay £450 odd a season, or thereabouts I'd have packed it in a few seasons ago. Old habits die hard, but as above, once the habit is broken.......

I think if I wasn't an old git, paying seniors price for a ST and the price for our Jack until last season was only a tenner, now gone up to £40. Meaning that for Me, the better half and Jack we pay £450 odd a season, or thereabouts I'd have packed it in a few seasons ago. Old habits die hard, but as above, once the habit is broken.......
First season for over 40 I haven't had an ST. I've been to a few and I'm totally underwhelmed by what I see on the pitch. My wife asked me if I would ever have another ST, my response was I wouldn't say never but until we become an irresistible proposition (exciting winning football in an least one division higher) I wouldn't even consider it. I have enjoyed the alternatives and certainly don't miss the likes of yesterday's game on a cold Tuesday night although I can get complimentary tickets for all home games.

Back
Top Bottom