Boxing Day kick off change

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Only to the end of page three at the moment, but one idea may be worth thinking about...

Why not a Blades Car Share? If folks are struggling to get to BDTBL and back, why not try and look for a solution to the issue and not just give in?

Right, to start page four.......

I mean I’m a blade like the rest of us, but who is logging into their fire stick at 8.00pm on a Boxing Day night to watch us vs Watford. It might as well be a Championship game when you put the size of our collective fan bases together and doesn’t exactly pique the interest of the neutral unless one of us is massively exceeding expectations at that stage in the season
Nice humble brag ;)

Lets be honest, Tenerife is nowt to brag about is it. Not my favourite place, but going for Christmas with great friends so will be a hoot.

I think this really will be much ado about nothing, I might be wrong but I was looking at the boxing day fixtures & amazon confirmed in august that they will be taking 4 games back to back almost having a 9 hour marathon. ill be honest if I was choosing / predicting 4 games there are far more interesting games (taking my biased hat off) for neutrals for the standout game than our game v Watford. my guess they would take 4 of these 5 listed in bold (id even put us 7th behind Chelsea v Southampton)

Bournemouth v Arsenal *
Aston Villa v Norwich
Chelsea v Southampton
Crystal Palace v West Ham *
Everton v Burnley
Leicester v Liverpool *
Manchester United v Newcastle *

Sheffield United v Watford
Tottenham v Brighton
Wolves v Manchester City *

As mentioned above, it is, I'll be cancelling Prime.
They need to know there is no commerical benefit in this bollocks.

As if Amazon & Sky fucking up dates/times and inconveniencing fans isn't enough, this from Martin Samuel today:

Open season on loyal fans

Bottom of the league and already on their second manager, Watford season-ticket holders will head to Vicarage Road on Sunday — and woe betide them if they don't.

Watford's most loyal supporters have been informed they must advise the club if they are planning to miss a match — and could be denied their seat in future if they do not.

This is part of a campaign called Keep It Full, supposedly an attempt to ensure the ground is at capacity on match days, with maximum support for the home team, by reselling any season tickets that are not going to be used.

It seems more like a tawdry money-making scheme, given that the profits from these resales will not go to the ticket owners — the fans — but will be used by the Watford Community Trust, a charity for which the club gets kudos and credit.

Watford wish to sell a commodity, yet still keep it. They want the advanced money that season-ticket holders generate, but not the choices they are then free to make.

Many clubs operate resale schemes but most are happy to provide incentives to the seller and few issue threats.

Watford also say they will monitor attendance and a supporter who is not regular at Vicarage Road — and does not participate in the Keep It Full scheme — may not be able to secure a season ticket in future. That seems reasonable. o_O

Watford do not want season-ticket holders who are only interested in five big games each season. The rest of it seems a hammer to crack a nut.

The thought of a supporter falling ill, or having employment circumstances change and then getting the heavy-handed approach from his club is repellent.

Once Watford have sold the season ticket, it is the choice of the supporter to attend. He has paid his money, he has given his backing, upfront and in advance.

Yet, increasingly, clubs do not respect this loyalty. Away tickets are capped at £30 but Norwich have introduced an away membership for those wishing to travel, with an additional charge of £50.

So those who always go away are actually paying £32.63, those making it to half the games £35, and those who take in five matches pay £40, which is the price fans complained about in the first place.

Chelsea charge a booking fee of £2 per seat, even if all the tickets purchased are sent to the same address. Now Watford say even your season ticket is not your own.

Of all the people whose loyalty is questioned, it shouldn't be the fans.

Dunno about cancelling Sky or Amazon, I'd be cancelling Watford (or any team) that tried this on me.

As if Amazon & Sky fucking up dates/times and inconveniencing fans isn't enough, this from Martin Samuel today:

Bottom of the league and already on their second manager, Watford season-ticket holders will head to Vicarage Road on Sunday — and woe betide them if they don't.

Watford's most loyal supporters have been informed they must advise the club if they are planning to miss a match — and could be denied their seat in future if they do not.

This is part of a campaign called Keep It Full, supposedly an attempt to ensure the ground is at capacity on match days, with maximum support for the home team, by reselling any season tickets that are not going to be used.

It seems more like a tawdry money-making scheme, given that the profits from these resales will not go to the ticket owners — the fans — but will be used by the Watford Community Trust, a charity for which the club gets kudos and credit.

Watford wish to sell a commodity, yet still keep it. They want the advanced money that season-ticket holders generate, but not the choices they are then free to make.

Many clubs operate resale schemes but most are happy to provide incentives to the seller and few issue threats.

Watford also say they will monitor attendance and a supporter who is not regular at Vicarage Road — and does not participate in the Keep It Full scheme — may not be able to secure a season ticket in future. That seems reasonable. o_O

Watford do not want season-ticket holders who are only interested in five big games each season. The rest of it seems a hammer to crack a nut.

The thought of a supporter falling ill, or having employment circumstances change and then getting the heavy-handed approach from his club is repellent.

Once Watford have sold the season ticket, it is the choice of the supporter to attend. He has paid his money, he has given his backing, upfront and in advance.

Yet, increasingly, clubs do not respect this loyalty. Away tickets are capped at £30 but Norwich have introduced an away membership for those wishing to travel, with an additional charge of £50.

So those who always go away are actually paying £32.63, those making it to half the games £35, and those who take in five matches pay £40, which is the price fans complained about in the first place.

Chelsea charge a booking fee of £2 per seat, even if all the tickets purchased are sent to the same address. Now Watford say even your season ticket is not your own.

Dunno about cancelling Sky or Amazon, I'd be cancelling Watford (or any team) that tried this on me.

That is truly disgusting.

I'm not sure how much a Season Ticket is at Vicarage Road but with a capacity of 21,577, (say 18,577 if you take off the away fans they got 20,245 for Brighton at home and 20,035 for West Ham. If the away allocation sold out that's about 1,400 empty seats in the ground...…..take off say 200 for segregation and that's 1,200, how many of those are empty ST seats, say 1,000? Re-sold at £40 a pop are they really that desperate? OK, gross that up over a season and include extra money that people filling those seats could spend and it would probably generate over £800K.

What we don't know of course is whether Watford are counting the ST seats in with the official attendance figures whether the fan attends or not? If they are the actual attendance could be much lower.

Either way, talk about how to piss your fanbase off...

That is truly disgusting.

I'm not sure how much a Season Ticket is at Vicarage Road but with a capacity of 21,577, (say 18,577 if you take off the away fans they got 20,245 for Brighton at home and 20,035 for West Ham. If the away allocation sold out that's about 1,400 empty seats in the ground...…..take off say 200 for segregation and that's 1,200, how many of those are empty ST seats, say 1,000? Re-sold at £40 a pop are they really that desperate? OK, gross that up over a season and include extra money that people filling those seats could spend and it would probably generate over £800K.

What we don't know of course is whether Watford are counting the ST seats in with the official attendance figures whether the fan attends or not? If they are the actual attendance could be much lower.

Either way, talk about how to piss your fanbase off...

Pigs fans must be pissing their knickers hoping that Mester Chansiri has not spotted this one . :)

yes I posted on a thread about Europa league if man utd make the round of 16 (which you would assume that they should with Astana Partizian & AZ Alkmaar, then 2nd place team from another group) then our away trip to old Trafford, will moved to sunday

Wolves victory last means that our away game will be on 1st December as they will be playing Braga away on matchday 5 of Europa league on 28th November. also if Wolves make quarter finals of Europa league the home game will be moved to 19th april

We've got Man U at home 23/11. It won't be that one that gets moved as there's no UEFA Cup game that previous week. There's games on the 7th and then the 28th. So our home fixture won't be moved unless for TV reasons - not for UEFA Cup reasons.

Only to the end of page three at the moment, but one idea may be worth thinking about...

Why not a Blades Car Share? If folks are struggling to get to BDTBL and back, why not try and look for a solution to the issue and not just give in?

Right, to start page four.......

Or... Anyone who lives in North Sheffield like I do, all fill a taxi and split the fare 5 ways. £5 each. All bladdered. Be a laugh.

Surprised anyone is surprised about the prospect of this.

Football has sold its soul and there's an inevitability about where things are heading and afraid we can't now pick and chose which bits of the modern game we want.

I'd rather go back 15 years than forward 15 years. Glad I got to experience the raw passion of the 80s and 90s even if I did have to stand in piss occasionally and there were no condiment stations.

I think this really will be much ado about nothing, I might be wrong but I was looking at the boxing day fixtures & amazon confirmed in august that they will be taking 4 games back to back almost having a 9 hour marathon. ill be honest if I was choosing / predicting 4 games there are far more interesting games (taking my biased hat off) for neutrals for the standout game than our game v Watford. my guess they would take 4 of these 5 listed in bold (id even put us 7th behind Chelsea v Southampton)

Bournemouth v Arsenal *
Aston Villa v Norwich
Chelsea v Southampton
Crystal Palace v West Ham *
Everton v Burnley
Leicester v Liverpool *
Manchester United v Newcastle *

Sheffield United v Watford
Tottenham v Brighton
Wolves v Manchester City *
Apart from us I'd watch Villa v Norwich. Could be a tremendous game.

Surprised anyone is surprised about the prospect of this.

Football has sold its soul and there's an inevitability about where things are heading and afraid we can't now pick and chose which bits of the modern game we want.

I'd rather go back 15 years than forward 15 years. Glad I got to experience the raw passion of the 80s and 90s even if I did have to stand in piss occasionally and there were no condiment stations.

The real tragedy is the condiment stations haven't moved with the times. Still stuck in the red sauce, salt and pepper era. You would have thought with the kind of football we are playing at the moment you'd be seeing Sriacha or some Peri Peri at the very least on there.

The real tragedy is the condiment stations haven't moved with the times. Still stuck in the red sauce, salt and pepper era. You would have thought with the kind of football we are playing at the moment you'd be seeing Sriacha or some Peri Peri at the very least on there.

Absolute disgrace that there's no access to cornichon and shallot relish now we're Premier League.

What the chuff is sriacha?

Article is a year old, so lets hope it's not true.
As mentioned above, it is, I'll be cancelling Prime.
They need to know there is no commerical benefit in this bollocks.
I was told they were splitting the fixtures over two days - 26th and 27th December. We'll see.

Who'll be the first two clubs to play in the first midnight (UK Time) match for our American/Asian supporters?

Putting aside any transport difficulties which can usually be overcome , I don't see what the problem is .

Given the alternatives of watching the Mighty Blades crush lowly Watford or watching a re-run of Bridge on the River Kwai / Skyfall / Mary Fucking Poppins with the in laws , their can surely be only one winner .

Pre match drinks starting at 6 pm , a few more after to celebrate the victory and by the time you get back , they've all fucked off home .

What's not to like ? :)
The pre match drinks when you've had to drive to overcome the "public transport difficulties"

Apart from us I'd watch Villa v Norwich. Could be a tremendous game.

could be both will attacm & great thing about football that people have different interests but i just dont see it. we can say it as we support us. but why in standalone game because all games are televised. when your trying to attract viewers would you take match between 2 teams that will finish bottom 6. over top 6 sides & Leicester/wolves

Back
Top Bottom