Boston v Blades in 1982-83 FA Cup

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Puts in to perspective this seasons "worst team we've ever had" ..... and this lot in the vid aren't even the worst I've seen.
I think the point is that league for league - being competitive within it - then this could be one of the worst teams

No team that has Morris and Edwards in it is going to be anywhere near the worst 11 we've put out. Alan Young on the other hand . . .
Ahem, Alan Young scored a hat trick in the replay.

I had 6 pints of Wards in the Red Lion on Charles Street afterwards and had a terrible hangover at school the next morning.

I think the point is that league for league - being competitive within it - then this could be one of the worst teams
The "least competitive team we've ever had" award is possibly still within their grasp this season although I remember 75/76 got quickly to the point of me expecting us to lose every week too.

Kevin Blackwell in goal for Boston!

I hadn't seen that clip before. I started watching United about a year after this, but I remember looking at 'old' results and being fascinated that we'd played against Boston United. I think it was a while before we played against a non-league again.

I was only young but I recall that Young's problem was his struggles with injuries rather than lack of ability. He scored a peach at home to Oxford.
He did - a beauty - in the 27th minute (wonder if he’ll bite 😂)

I went to the game at Boston and along with Blackwell , Paul Casey and Phil Jones ex Blades players appeared as well...

I hadn't seen that clip before. I started watching United about a year after this, but I remember looking at 'old' results and being fascinated that we'd played against Boston United. I think it was a while before we played against a non-league again.
Lpp

We had a run of non league teams back then.
Burscough, Boston, Altrincham and fairly sure maidstone were non league .
Boston was very lively that day, I think half the angry farmers had come out . .
I think Rushden and diamonds were in the league but another ground ticked off in the replay.

We had a run of non league teams back then.
Burscough, Boston, Altrincham and fairly sure maidstone were non league .
Boston was very lively that day, I think half the angry farmers had come out . .
I think Rushden and diamonds were in the league but another ground ticked off in the replay.
Remember Altrincham, getting stuffed and soaked to the skin.

Remember Altrincham, getting stuffed and soaked to the skin.
Me too that game and the friendly the following month at Poole Town were the wettest I've ever been at a match . We've has some low points since but Altrincham was the very bottom.

Back
Top Bottom