BladesPod: Man City Review & Memorable Match: 2009 playoff semifinal v PNE

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Beans

Reaction score
Afternoon all, hope you're enjoying your weekends.

T'old Roygbiv joined me as always to go through a delightfully dull game against Man City in a fairly brief fashion, before we turn our attention back to 2009's playoff semifinal with Preston North End in this week's memorable match (which was going to go on the post-Man Utd pod, but decided that one deserved a full hour+ of celebration instead, which this Man City game did not).

This playoff semifinal was picked for a connection with Kyle Walker, who we of course went up against yesterday - the Preston playoff was his 3rd and 4th games of his career, and we discuss how we knew immediately that we were seeing something pretty special trot out in the red and white. Warning, we do also talk about Kevin Blackwell. Also other luminaries like Brian Howard, John "the Beast" Parkin and his Undr The Cosh teammate, and whether Craig Beattie belongs in the Connor Sammon Pantheon of dreadful Blades strikers.

Thank you, as always, for listening, and UTB.

And here on Apple and Spotify.

Craig Beattie may have been one of the best positional strikers I’ve ever seen, up there with Lineker. His runs were usually intelligent, he often seemed to make the correct choices of when to stay and go, and he just seemed to be in the right place at the right time.

It’s just that he then usually missed.

Will listen to it tomorrow in my home office with Tuftyclubs one and 4 Blades in a Pub (as is my usual Monday mornings these days)

Must say it is good listening to the differing approaches to Bladespodcasting. Some are really good.

As said - if you fancy a one-off guest, (and a controversial one) I'm up for it. And if you want to discuss that lino getting smacked at Fratton one day way back, I am up for that as well. It was an odd, depressing, surreal day for Sheffield United and one of those 'why the fuck us?' moments not unlike the countless others like Woolhouse, the Iraqi dolt, Ched, Tevez and all the rest of the 'it's Sheffield United ... again' shenanigans.

pommpey

That play-off home leg was a shameful day for SUFC as I remember us fans were all given those card happy clapper things for “atmosphere”.

Don’t know how you’re going to come up with a memorable game for WBA... can’t for life of me think of one that’s stands out for notoriety...

Back
Top Bottom