Blades vs Charlton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They've been given 4700 tickets. I'm assuming this is both the lower and upper tier?

They'll not be there for the first half anyway, so it's irrelevant.

Absolutely shocking. Magic of the fa cup? Load of crap, does anyone in football care about the fans anymore?

100% correct. We all see ourselves as fans / supporters and not customers. If any business treated their customers the way the football authorities treat their customers then they wouldn't be in business for very long. We are always the final part of the decision making equation.
These authorities play on the unique relationship we have with our clubs that's best defined as 'loyalty'.

Adults £20 (Season Ticket Holders - £15)
Concessions £15
U16s £5

What sort of price were you expecting for an FA Cup Quarter Final?

Might have gone if it was the same price as the Forest game (no ST), not going to scramble around for lifts for a noon kickoff if it's 25% more than a league match. It's not like Charlton are a big club either

It's completely stuffed the CAFC fans, as there's no trains. The other Sunday games have been moved back.

Where's Jim Phipps in all this?

I personally don't like the kickoff time. However it isn't SUFC or CAFC what have chosen to kick it off at this time. It would be favorable for both teams to play on a different day/different time, for both financial and footballing reasons.

The gripe should be aimed at BT sport, how the hell they make this decision knowing that anyone coming from London on that Sunday isn't able to get there past 12 is beyond me.

Last edited:
Like our game against Middlesborough on fist day of season a few years ago. Not only shocking to have first game of season on a Friday but there were also no public transport to return to sheffield.

Aren't there serious issues and delays with the rail route between Sheffield and London too?

I do think the prices are good though for quarter finals.

I am guessing that 5.15 on the Saturday was never an option as BT Sport would have been worried about the low viewing figures with it clashing with the Chelsea Spurs match on sky. I also think there was an assumption we'd not be playing Charlton and this slot was "best" from a policing perspective. In honesty, even being the late Sunday kick off which Man City currently have might not be ideal for Charlton fans getting back. All of this would have been avoided had Chelsea beaten Man City!

Might have gone if it was the same price as the Forest game (no ST), not going to scramble around for lifts for a noon kickoff if it's 25% more than a league match. It's not like Charlton are a big club either

It's cheaper that category A matches and only £2 more than cat B, that's if you're a kop dweller, anywhere else it is cheaper than League games excepting the Family days.

Back
Top Bottom