Match Thread Blades v Southampton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blades v Southampton

• Blades

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Southampton

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kazarre13

Turkish Blade
Reaction score
Blades v Southampton
Stadium: Bramall Lane
Date: 16/12/2014 - 19:45

What do you think about match?

I daren't predict.

My heart and head are saying polar opposite answers.

Shane Long will score a couple

We played the cup matches with a plan that worked last season - why change this season when we play a big boy.

4-6-0 with Murphy up top and Wallace on the left for balance (if he can play that is - anyone know?)

If not then Murphy left and Baxter up top.

We do not have to win the game and we can just sit and frustrate - wait for the 2 or 3 chances we need. We murdered Crewe in the FA Cup replay, but they still had 2 very good chances and we will get some tonight - every team does.

We also need Howard to think he is Gordon Banks!

This is a one off game and we should treat it as such - nothing negative about our "style" of play - just give it a patient, controlled and 100% concentration.

COYRWW........

UTB

I think we would be better set up if it was an away fixture - the pressure is on the home team to break us down in that scenario - at home we are likely to go forward a bit - well last 10 mins anyway ;)

I've a feeling we'll get tonked 'cos we can't defend and we can't score - nonetheless I'll be cheering our lads on toneet

We have nothing to lose tonight so we can go out there and have a go at them and who knows??

I'm not sure about having nothing to lose, getting hammered at home is never great regardless of the opponents.
Obviously nigel is going to to start negatively and pack the midfield, but hopefully later in the game he might try and break and use a bit of pace and the resurgence of Flynn n Murphy might help do that.
I'd definitely give young Che a run out, now he has got nothing to lose

Love the BBC on the football page there's four pictures on repeat: Derby's ground, mascot, Koemans and finally Mourinho. We must have really blotted our copy-book. Twats!

Sheffield United
  • 01 Howard
  • 07 Flynn
  • 06 Basham
  • 19 McEveley
  • 03 Harris
  • 22 Reed
  • 08 Doyle
  • 20 Campbell-Ryce
  • 34 Cuvelier
  • 09 Murphy
  • 12 McNulty
Substitutes
  • 11 Baxter
  • 17 McGahey
  • 21 Higdon
  • 24 Turner
  • 27 Kennedy
  • 29 Adams
  • 33 Wallace

What a great game. United played like a top Championship side in a manner I haven't seen for a long time. That is what we are looking for. If we can turn that on consistently and restore some belief, I will retract my comments that they are not good enough. Tonight they were good enough. Well above 'good enough'.

Howard - great save from Mane. Kept us in it.
Flynn - is this his new 'true' position? He did well. Linked well in phases and kept his position
Basham - bloody good game for him. Well impressed
McEverley - This feller is growing in stature and as far as I saw, their front men didn't get much past him
Harris - gave his all. Bloody good outing
Doyle - workmanlike and in a manner we expect from him
JCR - not a worldy for him
Reed - brilliant prospect. He had a fantastic game
Cuvellier - Great return. Had a cracking game and should have scored
Murphy - not his best game but caused them loads of problems
McNulty - awesome stuff. They hated him being about

Wallace - didn't see a great deal to assess
Adams - looks like he has potential
Baxter - when he'd warmed up he laid off some great passes

Clough - got it 100% right
Morgan - undeserved dismissal

Koeman - cock

Scumpton - well below their supposed brilliance. Made to look Championship standard by a team well above their assumed League One standard.

Ref: Cock. Scumpton should have had three dismissals.

Crowd - Ace. Bring on Chelsea or Liverpool at the Lane

pommpey

Flo and his Nike sandals.

Anyway here is the video reaction from Nigel.

Top performance tonight - Shows that this squad IS GOOD ENOUGH to win this sh!t league - Have some belief !!
Tonights Centre Back pairing of McElvey and Basham should be retained - looked really solid !
No one can say we are not good enough !

Just another point ,my mate took his lad to get Southampton autographs after the game which they all signed to be fair ,except Frazer Forster who stared at him and then just blanked him. England international goalkeeper earning £50 k a week ? Should be fucking ashamed of himself. Shame because he was easily their best player.

Back
Top Bottom