Blades v Cardiff City - Match Highlights

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s only encroachment if the player has a “material impact on the outcome of the penalty kick” e.g. if Davies saved it and parried it out to Philogene who scored a tap in, then it would have to be retaken. The ref was right to let it stand.

Considering he is almost level with the striker taking the pen then I would say he did have an impact.

Players are not allowed to encroach into the penalty box till its kicked, pure and simple. If you look at the ref he is looking at the penalty kicker not the player who could have taken it instead he was that far forward. Why the linesman didnt flag prob too busy looking at Davies to make sure he was on the line.

It’s only encroachment if the player has a “material impact on the outcome of the penalty kick” e.g. if Davies saved it and parried it out to Philogene who scored a tap in, then it would have to be retaken. The ref was right to let it stand.
Where does it say that please, BB? I’ve searched through the rules and they appear to clearly state that if an attacking player encroaches and the penalty is scored, it must be re-taken. However I may have missed something.

Where does it say that please, BB? I’ve searched through the rules and they appear to clearly state that if an attacking player encroaches and the penalty is scored, it must be re-taken. However I may have missed something.

Maybe the rules have changed but I don't recall two players pretty much be allowed to take a penalty. 😂

Despite all my comments about the ref, it did look like a penalty after all!
Terrible decision from lowe to stick his foot in.
Good save from Davies from a the loose ball that i didn't see live and the encroachment was ridiculous. What is the point in making a fuss about everyone being outside the box, like he did, and then allowing that ?

4th goal had a hint of offside but I suspect the lino was as confused as everyone else about what was happening

Robinson Van Persie !

3 well taken goals, Macca showing good strength, Ndiaye with speed and Robinson literally just throwing himself in to the ball. Nice

1681662507244.png

The Cardiff penalty scorer also appeared to actually stop in the run up as well. I am not sure about the current rule on this to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom