Blades v Bristol - Highlights on Sky this morning (2017)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ekke287

Arrives precisely when he means to.
Reaction score
Saw this on sky this morning as a classic EFL game, only the highlights from the 1-2 home loss against Bristol City in 2017 (December I believe).

That game we absolutely dominated, hit the post / bar four times, and some great keeping from them left me wondering how on earth we lost. Fair play, we lost and moved on, but looking at the lineup there’s a significant element still in and around the starting eleven.

Fleck, Bash, Sharp, Stevens, Baldock all featured, probably more but my memory fails me. The fight we had, the pressure we created, the chances we had…where’s it all gone?

It’s like a completely different team now, no fight, no drive, tippy tappy back three football, and to a man looking terrified to attack.

I guess I’m ranting, but depressed at how far we’ve come from that aggressive Wilder style and the resignation of the players last season.

Personally I think we need to clear out a few out, hopefully SJ can get us our fight back.

The point is, like the Bristol game referenced, I don’t mind losing games, but having no fight isn’t acceptable.

Saw this on sky this morning as a classic EFL game, only the highlights from the 1-2 home loss against Bristol City in 2017 (December I believe).

That game we absolutely dominated, hit the post / bar four times, and some great keeping from them left me wondering how on earth we lost. Fair play, we lost and moved on, but looking at the lineup there’s a significant element still in and around the starting eleven.

Fleck, Bash, Sharp, Stevens, Baldock all featured, probably more but my memory fails me. The fight we had, the pressure we created, the chances we had…where’s it all gone?

It’s like a completely different team now, no fight, no drive, tippy tappy back three football, and to a man looking terrified to attack.

I guess I’m ranting, but depressed at how far we’ve come from that aggressive Wilder style and the resignation of the players last season.

Personally I think we need to clear out a few out, hopefully SJ can get us our fight back.

The point is, like the Bristol game referenced, I don’t mind losing games, but having no fight isn’t acceptable.
Lundstram strolling around the midfield (see their first goal).

It’s been two games. Insert tampon back in.

Has it been two games? We were playing with that fight last season and the back half of the season before then?

Fair enough if so, think we’re watching different teams though.

Has it been two games? We were playing with that fight last season and the back half of the season before then?

Fair enough if so, think we’re watching different teams though.
Pretty sure it has been 2 games yes.
2 games of this season.
2 games with a new manager.

Are you not willing to give the new manager a chance to actually implement something before slaying the team that has had no real games pre-season?

Bristol City all the way through not just Bristol please 😂.
Ps I live in Bristol and got some stick that night but we smashed them in the return fixture and though they beat us twice the follow year we got promoted.

We lost our first 4 or so match under Wilder and at times looked bloody awful. I'd not read too much into anything yet, SJ tends to make a slow start at every club.

I could see in the Birmingham match, the way he wants us setup and the way he wants us to play. One thing he doesn't have yet is the players to play the way he wants to. That left hand side of the team needs sorting out regardless of what formation we play even if we went back to Wilder's setup.

There was fight in the match, we kept going and had about 10 mins of injury time to keep going too.

Pretty sure it has been 2 games yes.
2 games of this season.
2 games with a new manager.

Are you not willing to give the new manager a chance to actually implement something before slaying the team that has had no real games pre-season?

Not sure I’ve said anywhere that SJ won’t be good enough and doesn’t deserve a chance.

2 games this season yes, on the back off every game last season with this squad.

My point is the drop in form from those days is significant, but you seem to have missed this.

Not sure I’ve said anywhere that SJ won’t be good enough and doesn’t deserve a chance.

2 games this season yes, on the back off every game last season with this squad.

My point is the drop in form from those days is significant, but you seem to have missed this.
Yes mate but the point I’m trying to make is you’re saying things like ‘no fight, no drive, tippy tappy back three football, and to a man looking terrified to attack.’. Do you not think you should give the new manager time to actually bring in some of his own players and work with the squad before saying basic rubbish like this?

Fair enough if you don’t, I just don’t see why you would want to spread and talk negatively when the season is one game old. (2 including cup)

If we want people to call us Sheffield United instead just Sheffield. It might be a good idea if we started calling “Bristol,” Bristol City.👍

Back
Top Bottom