Blades Superstore

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Apologies for bringing my doom and gloom to you during the season of good will, but I really need to let off a bit of stream re. the club shop...

So our 6 year old son is desperate for the purple away kit for Xmas and put it at the top of his list to Santa. The wife went to the club shop this afternoon to get it for him to find that the smallest size they do (7-8yrs) is out of stock. After asking the shop assistant if they are getting any more in before Xmas she was told no. She then asked when the next delivery is due, and was told that they will not be ordering any more away kits in from now until the end of the season!! This was then confirmed by the shop manager, but nobody could give a reason as to why, and the only explanation given was that they "just weren't getting any more".

So now we're going to have a very disappointed child on Christmas Day. Obviously we should have acted a bit sooner and not left it this late, but how ridiculous that not only have they not prepared themselves for the busiest time of the year, but for the rest of the season thereafter:mad:

Obviously whoever orders the kits is the same f***wit who orders the pies

Rant over.

Its a funny one, because the team seem to have abandoned wearing the purple kit as well. Perhaps theyre planning on releasing the white one? Then again, if that was the plan, surely they'd want that out for Christmas.

Do they still do the badge printing?? As you can buy the purple and white shirts plain off the interweb can't you?

Apologies for bringing my doom and gloom to you during the season of good will, but I really need to let off a bit of stream re. the club shop...

So our 6 year old son is desperate for the purple away kit for Xmas and put it at the top of his list to Santa. The wife went to the club shop this afternoon to get it for him to find that the smallest size they do (7-8yrs) is out of stock. After asking the shop assistant if they are getting any more in before Xmas she was told no. She then asked when the next delivery is due, and was told that they will not be ordering any more away kits in from now until the end of the season!! This was then confirmed by the shop manager, but nobody could give a reason as to why, and the only explanation given was that they "just weren't getting any more".

So now we're going to have a very disappointed child on Christmas Day. Obviously we should have acted a bit sooner and not left it this late, but how ridiculous that not only have they not prepared themselves for the busiest time of the year, but for the rest of the season thereafter:mad:

Rant over.

Had a similar issue at the start of the season when they sold out of the 7/8 year old new Home Kit and no one could give a date of when it'd be restocked...

Said at the time, it shows were not quite ready for the big time off the pitch. Can't see Arsenal or Man Utd ever selling out their kits.

Having been to the Eithad to watch Citeh the other week, they are so much slicker off the pitch from pies/beers through to the club superstore. Ours is more a cornershop and burger van by comparison....

Hopefully the recently hired Commercial Manager will stop spending his time emailing me trying to sell corporate tickets, and focus on getting the basics right...

Go on website, most stuff is in xxl or small. Hardly anything available and is out of stock. Piss poor, clubs losing out on money and kids missing out on xmas presents. Iam missing out on a warm training top for xmas. The commercial department need to get their shit together......not good enough !

Can't swear it's true but have been told that stock can only be ordered in batches of x ( don't know the figure) and that x is a high figure so there's a possible problem with overstocking/unsold stock.

Rant over.
Unfortunately this has been the case since they moved to changing the kit every season. They have an initial batch and then unless there's a massive demand they're on sale until they're gone. Those left are reduced the season after. They are obviously missing a trick with the, let's face it, not unsurprising Xmas market but it might be down to Adidas or a 3rd party supplier.

There's been a couple of junior kits in the last 10 years which were impossible to get unless you were in quickly after release.

Unfortunately this has been the case since they moved to changing the kit every season. They have an initial batch and then unless there's a massive demand they're on sale until they're gone. Those left are reduced the season after. They are obviously missing a trick with the, let's face it, not unsurprising Xmas market but it might be down to Adidas or a 3rd party supplier.

There's been a couple of junior kits in the last 10 years which were impossible to get unless you were in quickly after release.

I can fully appreciate that but clearly their initial order is not big enough as this happens every year. Surely by now they have enough sales data from years gone by to roughly guess how many and in what size they need each item. With almost all items there are always loads of XS and XXXL left every year. With what I imagine the shirts actually cost and the mark up involved, I would think you are far better ordering a few too many than turning people away who are trying to pay full price just before Christmas?

Something odd about that kit from day one. Came in limited, then they added a few sizes, but it's not available in the same big sizes the home kit is, and was missing little sizes. Now the team has abandoned it for some reason. Fuck knows.

I ad an old red shirt which me Dad painted sum white stripes down an a cheap acrylic scarf which sum Rovrum fan ad chucked aaht , bura ad t pretend it were a Blades scarf by gerrin me mam t stitch a badge on it. Av still got dat scarf naah , 47 YEARS later.... Fo sentimental value like.
Shirt wer no good , eed used emulsion on crimpeline so it all came aaht in t dolly tub.
Mam went berserk like, never eard end on it.

Went in start of November with my 8 year old daughter to pick her tracksuit , training tops etc etc to put on her Christmas list , one training top is all they had and when I asked was told same no more gear this year , one upset girl who lives in her tracksuit , this year it will be a Real Madrid one....

I found mi mam aaht back in 1998.
A friend of hers worked at TGI Friday.
Mother gave me a TGI Friday shirt with an Arnold Laver sticker on it. I sussed it out.

I can fully appreciate that but clearly their initial order is not big enough as this happens every year. Surely by now they have enough sales data from years gone by to roughly guess how many and in what size they need each item. With almost all items there are always loads of XS and XXXL left every year. With what I imagine the shirts actually cost and the mark up involved, I would think you are far better ordering a few too many than turning people away who are trying to pay full price just before Christmas?
As someone else said above, probably down to batch size, little old Sheff Utd won't sell as many as other of their 'bigger' clubs yet their batch size is probably the same. But yes, in theory you're right, you can pretty much guarantee that M and L will be sold out within a few weeks of release.

As say, changing the kit each year is the problem.

Same with the Bouncing Day Massacre mug “sorry, sold out and we’re not getting any more”.

Probably potentially this season’s biggest seller? Really?

Yoof o terday don't know abaaht improvising - how many on em could build a racing trolley aaht o bits de cud find on t refuse tip ?

I hoped that getting Adidas in would cause an improvement in the standard or merch on offer. Sadly, a lot of it still looks like it was designed in 1991.

And not in a cool retro way either.

Yoof o terday don't know abaaht improvising - how many on em could build a racing trolley aaht o bits de cud find on t refuse tip ?

No but they can create a picture of one using CAD design software on their I - phone x, email it to China and have one built from Carbon Fibre for a £5.. Called progress I think ?

Elf n safeteh sez tha cahnt gu ont refuse tip nah days. So de waint lern whatsoever.

I hoped that getting Adidas in would cause an improvement in the standard or merch on offer. Sadly, a lot of it still looks like it was designed in 1991.

And not in a cool retro way either.

Contrary to many, I actually liked Macron and their gear. This Adidas stuff is too generic. I know a lot of stuff is templates, but macron seemed different.

Rant over.
Sorry to say but I guess they have to order a certain number to make it worthwhile, otherwise they'll end up with a load going on sale for a tenner in march

Had some relatives from abroad a couple of months ago and I proudly took them into the store and they bought a couple of hundred quids worth of gear. It was the adidas stuff but without the badges but the assistant said no problem they'll iron them on at the desk. So we went to the desk and yep, they'd run out of badges. The excuse was that the kit man had taken the last batch. They had no idea when the new stock was coming in and the merchandise was returned to them, lost sale and no-one seemed to give a fuck.

Think about that for a moment. SUFC superstore and no SUFC logos for the merchandise. That's about as incompetent as you can get.

Sorry to say but I guess they have to order a certain number to make it worthwhile, otherwise they'll end up with a load going on sale for a tenner in march

And a load more people having the kit.

Its not great viewed on its own, however when compared to the pigs it's a slick well oiled machine!

Contrary to many, I actually liked Macron and their gear. This Adidas stuff is too generic. I know a lot of stuff is templates, but macron seemed different.

Apropos nowt much, I bought a winter coat from the Superstore last week for about 40 quid. The exact same coat with a Minnesota United badge on it is selling for $200 over here.

Back
Top Bottom