blades related memorabilia

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My wife just chipped my Blades mug and it's no good now. Is this an omen for the forthcoming season?
6qwlj8.jpg
I presume you meant, ex wife?

If anyone's interested I have a Blades garden gnome but I can't down load the picture, sorry.

But seriously, many years ago Alan Woodward signed my program for the Ipswich game in which he scored 4 goals and I gave it to a young lad who was ill in Hospital.
I would like to think that that's still kicking around some where.....

One of these centenary prints signed by Joe Scarborough , Basset, Dooley, stan the man, can't remember who else signed it
BL.jpg

Also signed footballs from most seasons beginning early 80s but last one is 2005, and a brick from the demolished John Street stand.

The picture was on very prominent display until we moved house a couple of years ago and has never got put back up - must get round to that!
The brick & the balls are a constant game of cat & mouse with the mrs who can't see the point in keeping them.

There's a certain breakfast cereal brand offering a free spoon and engraving. I got mine done like this. Am I sad or wot? :D
8OZKaed.jpg

20150806_230028.jpg
It's not much but my full set of programmes from the millenium season might be on the Antiques Roadshow in a few decades.

From the Bert vault

Before tv sport cartoonists were common in the Green Un and Telegraph. My favorites are Louis Briault and Harry Heap's cartoons - a fond childhood memory - Briault he died in the 40's but the influence of his caricatures lived on and I can remember drawing my version of the Sheffield Derby as a kid with the same heads in the fifties.

greenun_zpsbf74c3a0.jpg

Harry Heap was a storybook style - I found this one on line

harry heap.jpg

I haven't got any of them but wish I did.

There's a certain breakfast cereal brand offering a free spoon and engraving. I got mine done like this. Am I sad or wot? :D
8OZKaed.jpg

I'm planning to get one engraved with my full name- Elizabeth Regina Vagina Diner Liner Finer Whiner Windsor-Saxe-Coburg-Bowes-Lyon-Ford-Fiesta. I have no idea what my parents were on when they named me.

Who is the usual bloke ?

Dooley I think. I'm guessing this cartoon is about the January 1952 Second Division match at Swillsboro. 65,000 watched the game.

The 1951/52 season saw Dooley go on a goal scoring run of 22 goals in 9 matches. He went on to score a total of 46 goals in his first season surpassing the 25-year-old record of 37 goals that was held by Jimmy Trotter. The tally remains a club record to the present day. Pitsmoor lad don't you know as is Johnny Fantham, the pigs highest post war goalscorer. ;)

Back
Top Bottom