Blades 3 - 0 Palace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Donkey_Blade

Reaction score
No I'm not losing my marbles. The players who start on sat will be so revved up, hecky and macca will have them well up for it.

Palace will expect to walk it cause of our transfer shannanigans and we'll boss the majority of the game. Why? Cause the crowd will put a rocket up their back sides, new lads will want to impress and palace will panic.

Then we'll get battered at forest.

There, heard it here first.

No I'm not losing my marbles. The players who start on sat will be so revved up, hecky and macca will have them well up for it.

Palace will expect to walk it cause of our transfer shannanigans and we'll boss the majority of the game. Why? Cause the crowd will put a rocket up their back sides, new lads will want to impress and palace will panic.

TBH what business have Palace actually done this summer with the exception of losing Zaha? I'm sure they've signed players but I can't think of any players that they have signed.

I think they'll be deflated, rather than revved up.

I also expect the crowd to be flat and not putting any tickets anywhere.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I can't see it being any other way unfortunately.

I agree.

Some very influential and big personalities are missing from the dressing room now. Not least their former leader, Sharp, who, irrespective of whether he would have played many minutes this season, would have been important to the squad morale.

It’s the reason why Hecky wanted him to have another contract - given the nature of the challenge ahead and the requirement for strong mentalities - and the fact that the Board declined to give the manager what he wanted was the first red flag of the Summer, regarding the people running the club. They know the price of things but not the value.

Palace have the power and pace to seriously hurt us. We have good defenders and they have shown that they can sit in and defend well against possession-based teams. They hate pace, however. I won’t be surprised if it is a similar outcome to when Palace ran in 5 on the counter-attack against the Dirties - another team hampered by a slow defence - towards the end of last season.

I agree.

Some very influential and big personalities are missing from the dressing room now. Not least their former leader, Sharp, who, irrespective of whether he would have played many minutes this season, would have been important to the squad morale.

It’s the reason why Hecky wanted him to have another contract - given the nature of the challenge ahead and the requirement for strong mentalities - and the fact that the Board declined to give the manager what he wanted was the first red flag of the Summer, regarding the people running the club. They know the price of things but not the value.

Palace have the power and pace to seriously hurt us. We have good defenders and they have shown that they can sit in and defend well against possession-based teams. They hate pace, however. I won’t be surprised if it is a similar outcome to when Palace ran in 5 on the counter-attack against the Dirties - another team hampered by a slow defence - towards the end of last season.
True about Sharp in the dressing room, but no other big personalities have gone. Do you think Sander got them fired up?
They'll be well up for it, and the crowd should be too.

Eze to rip us a new one, I reckon 4 or 5 nil palace and an absolutely poisonous atmosphere

Back to the good old days 🙂

Eze to rip us a new one, I reckon 4 or 5 nil palace and an absolutely poisonous atmosphere

Back to the good old days
nice to know you and your mates are supplying the poisonous atmosphere

bet you a thousand quid we dont lose by 4 or are you unable to back up your lunatic ravings

With the best will in the world....I'll have an 8th of what you're smoking please.

Will the moaners and fearmongers be so vocal about if we do win?

2019 no one gave us much hope in the opening game v palace
with this team
Sheffield United

Sheff Utd​

1D Henderson6
C Basham12
J Egan5
j O'Connell
2GBaldock
7JLundstram
16O Norwood (c)
4JFleck
3E Steven
s17DMcGoldrick
11CRobinson

Substitutes​

8LFreeman
9OMcBurnie
10B Sharp
15PJagielka
23B Osborn
25S Moore
27M Besic
any team we put out wont be less fancied the one which won 1-0
in fact theres 7 possibly playing again

bet you thought wednesday were going to crush us at the lane when we won 2-0

If the crowd 'turns' then heirin lies a major problem. What ever happened to good old fashioned 'support' !?

Regardless of league, position, or players. I'm a blade.

For the hysterical hot headed, unbalanced individuals out there, go and support man city et al

2019 no one gave us much hope in the opening game v palace
with this team
Sheffield United

Sheff Utd​

1D Henderson6
C Basham12
J Egan5
j O'Connell
2GBaldock
7JLundstram
16O Norwood (c)
4JFleck
3E Steven
s17DMcGoldrick
11CRobinson

Substitutes​

8LFreeman
9OMcBurnie
10B Sharp
15PJagielka
23B Osborn
25S Moore
27M Besic
any team we put out wont be less fancied the one which won 1-0
I think most of us were confident going in to that season, weren't we?

I think most of us were confident going in to that season, weren't we?
theres planty of us confident now just the snow flakes with no back bones

just dont understand the constant whinging
like the prat who called the promotion unconvincing,, 91 points was unconvincing ,, go figure

True about Sharp in the dressing room, but no other big personalities have gone. Do you think Sander got them fired up?
They'll be well up for it, and the crowd should be too.

Sander might not have got them fired up, but his absence will undoubtedly be felt on the basis it will further dent morale. Hecky has already candidly said that news of Illy’s transfer had a negative effect on the mood on the players - not generally something that would be admitted publicly.

Stevens was a central character and another part of the core of experienced players, along with O’Connell, who had been through the highs and lows since 2018. It was obvious in the promotion celebrations, how integral those players were especially the bonds, built in previous battles, with the likes of Egan, Fleck, Norwood, Basham, Baldock and the like.

We’ve stripped away an awful lot of the mainstays. And, when dressing-rooms lose talismen as well - the sort that players can look at and think ‘he’ll be one of the best players on the pitch today and he’s on our side’ - things can go wrong very quickly. We saw it in the Championship when we lost Coutts, and we saw it in the relegation season when we lost O’Connell and also replaced the ‘ Uber-confident in his own status’ Henderson with the altogether more diffident Ramsdale.

This is the danger inherent in losing N’diaye and Berger, not to mention Doyle and McAtee. The belief can seep away.

Back
Top Bottom