Blades 0 Luton 3 January 1977

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Aye I was there that day (still got the programme)
That was likely the start of my (not so loving) infatuation with t’old Den
Although to be reyt there was plenty more garbage on display n’all
I ‘excuse’ ‘skippy’ Garner who always gave 100%, Hamson (pre injury) was a proper baller (+ goal v Scouse) & Chico had ability when he could be arsed (rarely) but gets a ‘pass mark’ for netting in a freezing cold Friday night 1-0 v pre big balls Bertie Chelsea ( I think)

Ahhhh
Nostalgia not what it used to be?
Chico v Chelsea was a penalty I recall how bitterly cold it was that night.

Chico v Chelsea was a penalty I recall how bitterly cold it was that night.
Aye - kop end - 2nd half - seem to think Stainrod was fouled to ‘earn’ it - but certainly don’t quite me on that !
Pitch was frozen solid & (almost) every player (&fan) was tippy toeing around for fear of slipping / falling / getting hurt

I went to watch Luton play United in the 60s at the Lane. Luton had Ron Bayhnam the England keeper in goal . Also a centre forward call Turner. Sid Owen centre half. Luton beat us 3-0. Do you know what year it was Silent? I’ve forgotten🤔

I went to watch Luton play United in the 60s at the Lane. Luton had Ron Bayhnam the England keeper in goal . Also a centre forward call Turner. Sid Owen centre half. Luton beat us 3-0. Do you know what year it was Silent? I’ve forgotten🤔
Remember that one - it was around Xmas time -raining and cold.. Yes Dec 26th 1955-lost 0-4 at home and lost again day after 1-2 at their ground. Bad season for us - Relegated

Back
Top Bottom