Best Opposition Goal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Eriksen's FK remains one of the best goals I've ever seen live. Bending it with the right foot, from the "wrong" side of the box, into the opposite top corner, was incredible. I was gutted at the time, but looking back it was a spectacular goal.
Borbokis was doing that in the 90s

Marlon Harewood scored a beauty against us at the Lane.
I was gonna post Harewood's. Also, a Bolton player scored by pulling a long ball down from over his shoulder outside the area, and twatting it in, all in one movement in a 1-5 home defeat for us in the late 70s or early 80s. Can't remember the player or exact year though. Silent?

Curran

What a goal that was to be fair

I was gonna post Harewood's. Also, a Bolton player scored by pulling a long ball down from over his shoulder outside the area, and twatting it in, all in one movement in a 1-5 home defeat for us in the late 70s or early 80s. Can't remember the player or exact year though. Silent?
I wasn't at the 5-1 defeat in January 1978 as I was in my 5th year at boarding school

Bergkamp away at Highbury in the cup. Think it was the replay after they cheated.

Parker was fantastic that day. One of the best single game performances I've ever seen from a visiting player at the Lane. He scored both goals in a 2-0 defeat.

Best I've seen is probably the Mel Sterland free kick. What a shot that was.

Bit obscure this but didn't Dean Gordon absolutely twat one in off the underside of the bar for Palace at the Kop end mid 90s?

And even more obscure, but again mid 90s- in the reserves at Bramall Lane, a lad lobbed Sal Bibbo (which happened pretty regularly in fairness) from way out wide on the halfway line, probably the best goal I've ever seen. I swear I read on here that it was Beckham, but I can't find owt about it when I search. Anyone any idea?

Bit obscure this but didn't Dean Gordon absolutely twat one in off the underside of the bar for Palace at the Kop end mid 90s?

And even more obscure, but again mid 90s- in the reserves at Bramall Lane, a lad lobbed Sal Bibbo (which happened pretty regularly in fairness) from way out wide on the halfway line, probably the best goal I've ever seen. I swear I read on here that it was Beckham, but I can't find owt about it when I search. Anyone any idea?

Leave Sal Bibbo alone.

Marcus Tudgay's goal for that lot in 2009 was a great strike. The bastard.
That's the one that immediately springs to my mind unfortunately, I was right behind that as it rocketed into the top corner

The Eriksen free kick was unreal, I was at the back of the Kop near the TC Stand and it looked as though it was going miles over then dropped at the last second.

Also mentions to Bullard's free kick in 2006 vs Fulham away and Tanguy Ndombele's lob v Spurs.

Eze scored 2 good solo goals against us in the last PL season but I was more fucked off with the defending or lack of it.

The really frustrating thing about that was that it came from a counter straight after a stonewall penalty on McGoldrick was denied at the other end. Handball by O'Connell wasn't it?
It's my favourite game in ages, probably since the Forest 2nd leg. That ref made it

I think it was because of how the ball was struck or might have been the wind but Gareth Barry's looping driving shot in our 3-1 win in 2005 vs Villa in the cup stands out for me. It was how much it swerved in the air

Back
Top Bottom