ben osborn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah I thought Osborn did well when he came on. Drove us forward and showed tenacity. Obviously, a little rusty given his lack of game time.

Grew into the game. He's technically excellent. Just needs to trust himself on the ball.

It'll be a bigger test if he has to play against somebody who actually attacks but he did well yesterday

I've never had a problem with any of his performances so far and have been puzzled by some of the criticisms made against him .

Yesterday he merely confirmed to me that with his levels of energy , commitment and sheer enthusiasm coupled with no lack of basic skills , he is a great asset for us to be able to call on .

If it comes to a choice between him and Enda there's only one winner as the latter is outstanding in his role , but that's not the point . Osborn is a already a good player in his own right and I can only see him getting better , in the way that Wee Georgie has done and that is compliment indeed . :)

Think he's looked a good player almost every time I've seen him, clever, good technique and good energy.

Sometimes it can be easier to impress for the first team in an important league game than for a much changed cup side against weak opposition.
And pace!

Looked good when he came on & very composed 👍 .. it’s the right hand side we need cover for as Freeman nowhere near PL standard .
Hope we go back to Forest again in the summer and get Matt Cash

Thought he was quality when he came on yesterday, especially given the fact he’s only had a handful of minutes.

While ever Enda is here and fit Osborn is always going to be his understudy but he slotted in well and as others have said grew into the game.

Hesitant for the first 5 - 10 minutes, which is to be fully expected, then he grew into the game, had plenty of the ball, was positive with it. His passing down the line was first class. Top marks from me.

Panos can play RWB as far as I know
[/QUOTE
Panos can play RWB as far as I know

Wasn’t aware of that Wardy .. not having seen the lad I’d always be a bit hesitant about centre haves as full backs as our system is so reliant on the wing backs getting forward supplying the ammo . On the odd occasion Basham had to step into the role he did ok but didn’t offer the natural attacking options that Baldock gives you

Whenever I have seen Osborne play for us he seems to do a good job. Maybe on Sunday Enda should do the JOC role with Osborne on the left?
not a bad idea at all! the overlapping is pretty crucial to our game plan and surely enda knows this well by now, osborn is more than suitable at lwb

Don’t care if we switch Enda inside to help him regain form or he drops him entirely, but Ben needs a run now

Would definitely start Osbourne on Sunday.

Not sure wtf has happened to Enda, he looks like he has never played football before. :(

I don't understand why he and Freeman didn't come on last night, just for the extra energy and leg saving for Fleck/Stevens.

If we don't take opportunities to get these players on the pitch when they should be, how likely are they to want to stay?

We could do without replacing them with other squad players.

There are a number of good players in our squad who now have no reason to think they can ever start games. Where's the incentive?

As for any youngsters on the bench these last few games....... fat chance.

I totally agree. Has Osborn played at all since the restart?? I don’t think he has. What must he be thinking now? Same as Freeman.

I think we need to change our formation next season also. I’ve loved how innovative it’s been, how it’s got us to where we are today... it’s been a joy to watch! 👍😁
But the roles are too specific. Imagine if Bash got injured now??
Ironically... moving to a back 4 however would probably mean loosing Bash to the bench. But I feel it’s something we have to look at moving forward.
The best teams in the World play 4-3-3 or
4-2-3-1... We at least need to be flexible enough to change should key players pick up injuries.

I totally agree. Has Osborn played at all since the restart?? I don’t think he has. What must he be thinking now? Same as Freeman.

I think we need to change our formation next season also. I’ve loved how innovative it’s been, how it’s got us to where we are today... it’s been a joy to watch! 👍😁
But the roles are too specific. Imagine if Bash got injured now??
Ironically... moving to a back 4 however would probably mean loosing Bash to the bench. But I feel it’s something we have to look at moving forward.
The best teams in the World play 4-3-3 or
4-2-3-1... We at least need to be flexible enough to change should key players pick up injuries.

4-3-3 looks like the one for me, doesn't change how things are done drastically but means we aren't relying on Jack O'Connell as being our most dangerous attacking threat! Still gives us the fullbacks going forward, midfield can drop back and fill in when needed but we've got an extra body nearer the box.

Hendo
Baldock Egan O'Connell Stevens
Lundstram Norwood Fleck
McGoldrick
Mousset McBurnie

Playing as a wingback in yesterday's heat and being the most key attackers in our team can't have been a very fun gig.

4-3-3 looks like the one for me, doesn't change how things are done drastically but means we aren't relying on Jack O'Connell as being our most dangerous attacking threat! Still gives us the fullbacks going forward, midfield can drop back and fill in when needed but we've got an extra body nearer the box.

Hendo
Baldock Egan O'Connell Stevens
Lundstram Norwood Fleck
McGoldrick
Mousset McBurnie

Playing as a wingback in yesterday's heat and being the most key attackers in our team can't have been a very fun gig.
JOC....do tell of the info you have??
And you'd really drop Bash???, have you watched any of the 3 games we've just played???

Would love to see him get more game time for us, he’s everything Sheffield United is about, full of energy, gives 100% and is technically good attacking and defending

Deserved his first start, and was superb.

Tenacious, calm, intelligent, and linked excellently with those around him. Layed it off beautifully for McGoldrick’s chance and was perfect in playing Stevens in for Mousset’s goal.

Played very well ( again ) works tirelessly & yet again shows his adaptability, I hope he gets to retain his place in run in now as he deserves it

Absolutely superb today, and to be fair he has barely put a foot wrong since he came in.

He'll need to keep it up though with Fleck, Lunny AND Freeman all out for 2 weeks.

We may even see Rodwell get a run out over the next few games.

Back
Top Bottom