Incoming? Ben Johnson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

played well for them against Bristol prob their best player
def good enough for us if he will drop to the championship

Eh ?

He was very good when he came on. Considering he's predominantly a RWB, he played LM and it was after he came on (70mins), that West Ham started to take control of possession.
Until he was introduced, West Ham hadn't troubled us in the 2nd half.

It was the classic demonstration of fans not knowing as much as managers. West Ham barely had a midfielder capable of breaking into a brisk walk (Is Ward-Prowse the slowest midfielder in the PL?) and couldn't get near us. Moyes makes a sub to rectify this, the fans boo and chant "you don't know what you're doing", Johnson's introduction totally changes the game and then the fans chant "Who needs Declan Rice?". Brilliant.

It was the classic demonstration of fans not knowing as much as managers. West Ham barely had a midfielder capable of breaking into a brisk walk (Is Ward-Prowse the slowest midfielder in the PL?) and couldn't get near us. Moyes makes a sub to rectify this, the fans boo and chant "you don't know what you're doing", Johnson's introduction totally changes the game and then the fans chant "Who needs Declan Rice?". Brilliant.
Their fans were very poor.
Considered a big club, they travelled in numbers. Sang about winning the European Equivalent of League 1 a few times*. Then they were silent. Sang it again. Then when silent. Went 2-1 up and they sang for about 5mins.

*Obviously we would love to compete in the competition, and better still, win it, but I refuse to accept they are "Champions of Europe". Manchester City are the current champions of Europe.

Eh ?

He was very good when he came on. Considering he's predominantly a RWB, he played LM and it was after he came on (70mins), that West Ham started to take control of possession.
Until he was introduced, West Ham hadn't troubled us in the 2nd half.
Bags of energy but not sure about the quality - He defintely ballooned at least one over the bar - into the upper tier? He looked a bit like a labrador chasing a plastic bag in the wind for me. If we are just after an athlete - why don't we try Seriki?

Considered a big club, they travelled in numbers. Sang about winning the European Equivalent of League 1 a few times*. Then they were silent. Sang it again. Then when silent. Went 2-1 up and they sang for about 5mins.

*Obviously we would love to compete in the competition, and better still, win it, but I refuse to accept they are "Champions of Europe". Manchester City are the current champions of Europe.
I liked "Shall we sing a song for you?", then silence.

Go on then , we're listening.

Talking to a friend who is a West Ham fan and a season ticket holder at Costa at the mo. He says West Ham fans are disappointed with Ben cos he refused sign a new contract and is looking to move elsewhere

Be a good deal to sign him for anything under £5m and offload Anel for anything over £10m

Be fair, it's more like the European equivalent of the Johnstone Paints Trophy or whatever they're calling it these days.

Be fair, it's more like the European equivalent of the Johnstone Paints Trophy or whatever they're calling it these days.
They beat some absolute powerhouses of Europe...

Play Offs
Viborg FF - I have no idea where they're from? Sound Scandinavian

Group Stage
Anderlecht
Steaua Bucharest
Silkeborg - again, who? Scandinavian again?

Round of 16
AEK Larnaca - the Cypriot league is one of the best on the planet

Quarter Final
KAA Gent

Semi Final
AZ Alkmaar

Final
Fiorentina

So they actually beat 1 team from a country in the top 5 leagues in Europe (Italy)

They beat some absolute powerhouses of Europe...

Play Offs
Viborg FF - I have no idea where they're from? Sound Scandinavian

Group Stage
Anderlecht
Steaua Bucharest
Silkeborg - again, who? Scandinavian again?

Round of 16
AEK Larnaca - the Cypriot league is one of the best on the planet

Quarter Final
KAA Gent

Semi Final
AZ Alkmaar

Final
Fiorentina

So they actually beat 1 team from a country in the top 5 leagues in Europe (Italy)
They’ve done more than we have

If we're really mythbusting their bullshit chant, no cup winner is the champion of anything.

Champions are league winners. It should really be reserved for the Champions, winning the top division, but I'll let it slide for winning other divisions.

If they're champions of Europe, we were champions of England in 2017.

He might have been the fastest man on the planet but he needs to stop taking the steroids (have I got the right Ben Johnson here?!).

Talking to a friend who is a West Ham fan and a season ticket holder at Costa at the mo. He says West Ham fans are disappointed with Ben cos he refused sign a new contract and is looking to move elsewhere

Yep, apparently he has asked for £60k a week in wages.

HH

Sign him on a free, give him £1.5m a year signing on fee plus £20k salary on a three year contract and it is a good deal

Back
Top Bottom