Being Instantly proved wrong at a game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?




Peschisolido at home from outside the box, the opposition escapes me, Norwich maybe.

I shouted, 'not from fucking there' just before it sailed in.

On a slightly different note, I once climbed the white railings at the far end of the West Terrace to goad Liverpool fans after scoring in the early 90s. After celebrating for an age I was dragged down by a copper only to find the goal had been disallowed.
 
Two seconds later I was instantly proved wrong. Similarly in the 1984 last minute win at Rotherham, as the ball was played to Bob Atkins on the edge of the box with his back to goal my dad said "don't give to him, hes hopeless".

In one glorious movement, Bob then turned and placed the ball unerringly in the top corner.

Anyone else been proved wrong like that?
Unforgettable that game, Rotherham looked like going down and did all they could to stop any football being played. The pitch hadn't seen water for weeks and was like concrete, goal kicks bounced higher than the main stand, we'd already had a goal disallowed just when it seemed nothing was going for us bang 3 sides of Millmoor erupted. Rotherham did manage to survive even though we took the 3pts towards promotion.
 
Going to an early round League cup game versus Stockport in the 1990s, and saying to the guy next to me "it's only Stockport this will be a comfortable win".

30 odd minutes later and losing 0v3!
 
The best actual example was Flo's header at Anfield. None of us knew it had gone in till he wheeled away and started celebrating
 
Stood next to my brother on the Kop, I claimed ‘He’s going to be class’ after Jordan Slew had tidily finished against Brentford…

Maybe not instantly being proven wrong, but an example of instantly making a comment that later proved to be moronic…
 



Michael Twiss. Anyone remember him?

We had him on loan from Man Utd - another one of those world beating potential signings that ended up in the Conference.

Warnock brought him on in one of the Christmas fixtures - Preston I think. I remember saying to Happy Hippie (RIP) "What's he brought that useless idiot on for?".
One touch later from about thirty yards out and the ball was in the Shoreham net. Absolutely worldie.

He went on to a great career with Morcambe.
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom