Behind closed doors - good or bad for our edge ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Suspend or postpone all public events immediately.
Everyone to self isolate immediately.
Issue all supermarket and logistic staff with hazmat suits to enable people to eat via delivery services.
Stop all work and economic activity of any kind.
Any work that can be concluded by network/online can continue, provided supply staff can also be issued with full hazmat suits.
Ditto public transport providers and commuters.
All eligible residents to get 8 weeks paid holiday as compensation for lost bookings.

By mid May the weather will have improved and together with these draconian safety measures, the virus will have disappeared.
It will be life, but not as we know it.

In case anyone thinks I’ve lost my marbles, this post is seriously tongue in cheek. 🤷‍♂️😊

Suspend it.

Absolute bollocks this streaming shite. Three of our last 4 home games are on tv anyway. It’s of absolute no benefit to season ticket holders if they do that.

It’s literally no skin of any Premier League clubs nose to refund the remainder of the games people have bought tickets for. If they’re playing behind closed doors, fine, but don’t take the piss out of supporters by pretending that a stream is an adequate replacement for buying a match ticket.

Put it this way, you wouldn’t pay 30 quid per game to sit at home and watch it on the telly. PPV boxing fights don’t even cost that much.
I think the issue is that if we were to suspend it, how long would we suspend it for and how do we know it would be safe/safer in a month/6 weeks/8 weeks, from now, than today?

Chances are it will take a few months for the virus to run its course. Even then we could still have an infection risk well into the summer.

I’d much prefer us to postpone it, but till when? We really have no idea.

So I think the most practical solution is to complete it behind closed doors.

And I’m looking forward to watching our celebratory closed top bus tour through the deserted streets of Sheffield on telly. :oops:

I think the issue is that if we were to suspend it, how long would we suspend it for and how do we know it would be safe/safer in a month/6 weeks/8 weeks, from now, than today?

Chances are it will take a few months for the virus to run its course. Even then we could still have an infection risk well into the summer.

I’d much prefer us to postpone it, but till when? We really have no idea.

So I think the most practical solution is to complete it behind closed doors.

And I’m looking forward to watching our celebratory closed top bus tour through the deserted streets of Sheffield on telly. :oops:

The problem with playing it behind closed doors is that fans lose out the most.

The virus will never go away so it will be suspended until the virus can be contained in a way that the health services can handle.

Best thing to do would be finish the season off running into the summer, push the euros back to next year. Then start the new season in September/October, scrap the league cup to fit fixtures in then go back to normal for the 21/22 season.

Back
Top Bottom