Behind closed doors - good or bad for our edge ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

lakedistblade

Reaction score
Seems likely to be announced today with streaming to ticket holders.will this be good or bad for our results ? I think good. Our team is self motivated , great togetherness and drive. Home support has been pretty tepid anyway and our away performances gain another edge. Only pity is that we don't have many games left against bottom half clubs. Europe here we come and good news for live viewing for those unlucky bastards in isolation or with the virus . UTMB ⚔️⚔️⚔️

It is what it is, they won’t cancel the league imo, the worst case scenario that will happen is they suspend it and we resume when we can and I reckon the Euros will be cancelled. It is going to be rubbish watching games in an empty stadium tho, teams like Wednesday who are used to that situation may gain an advantage tho ;)

Seems likely to be announced today with streaming to ticket holders.will this be good or bad for our results ? I think good. Our team is self motivated , great togetherness and drive. Home support has been pretty tepid anyway and our away performances gain another edge. Only pity is that we don't have many games left against bottom half clubs. Europe here we come and good news for live viewing for those unlucky bastards in isolation or with the virus . UTMB ⚔⚔⚔

I was thinking the same.

Most of our vital games, against Spurs, Wolves and Chelsea are at home, so we would lose our home advantage.
Also we were lucky to get a home draw in the quarterfinals against Arsenal but we would lose that advantage too.

However if players are losing the motivation given by the crowd.....then “self motivation“ will play a big part.
As you’ve mentioned our players seem to have the strength of character and leadership to motivate themselves.
We would lose the home crowd advantage but it might not be the big disadvantage everyone thinks.

Agree that they wont cancel the season HOWEVER what if the virus isn’t controlled until the vaccine is created?
What if the leagues are closed down fior 2 years? There’s all kinds of implications.

10/9 games left for most.

Season completed in 5 weeks.

Suspend it.

Agree that seems the best solution.....I don’t like the idea if playing behind closed doors......it’s also lost revenue for so many clubs.
I suppose the problem is.....what if the number or carriers is worse in 2 months time?
Theres a danger the league could be suspended 2 months..3 months or even 6 months....it could really mess up next season.
Also imagine the FA Cuo semi finals and final played in a empty stadium.

It would be incredible bad luck if we reached our 1st cup final since 1936.......and no one is allowed to attend.
Then what about next season.....if we play in Europe for the 1st time ever....but no one is allowed to attend..

Some one said that Chris Wilder laughs in the face of the Football Gods...... maybe this is their master plan to give SU glory but no one will witness it.

Agree that seems the best solution.....I don’t like the idea if playing behind closed doors.
I suppose the problem is.....what if the number or carriers is worse in 2 months time?
Theres a danger the league could be suspended 2 months..3 months or even 6 months....it could really mess up next season.
Indeed, but next season hasn't even started, as far as I'm concerned next season is down the list of priorities. This season, the best season in my lifetime (40 years) is in danger of being finished and the fans can't celebrate it.

Football is for the fans, end of .

It's got to be advantage away team!
Home advantage is as much to do with support from the terraces.
Real leveler without the drive and aggression from home terraces.

10/9 games left for most.

Season completed in 5 weeks.

Suspend it.
Agree. Suspend until after Easter. Extend the season by a month ( including cup games) . Football is a spectator sport and iis essential for lower league income. Playing without paying customers could push a lot of lower league clubs to the brink

I am fairly certain this weekend will be the last round of fixtures. So important we get a result to put ourselves in with the best chance of a top 6 finish. We will also finish with a game in hand if this is the case, so it'll be interesting to see how they handle that.

Agree. Suspend until after Easter. Extend the season by a month ( including cup games) . Football is a spectator sport and iis essential for lower league income. Playing without paying customers could push a lot of lower league clubs to the brink
I can't see a reason to not push the euros out until next year, that would give the top european leagues chance to finish their seasons.

I think UEFA will seriously consider moving the Euros to 2021 to allow the leagues to complete their respective leagues.

No one wants to see games played behind closed doors, but it's the lesser of 2 evils when the alternative is to finish the season now.

It's so sweet you think the season is going to be completed. Once a few clubs are contaminated with it zero chance the season can be completed.

I'm so glad to be able to rely on your superior knowledge. This virus has certainly brought out the hilarious knowalls.

I'm so glad to be able to rely on your superior knowledge. This virus has certainly brought out the hilarious knowalls.

Just take a look at what's going on in other places...it's not superior knowledge it's just looking at what is happening and what experts are saying about how the peak is many weeks away yet.

Suspend it.

Absolute bollocks this streaming shite. Three of our last 4 home games are on tv anyway. It’s of absolute no benefit to season ticket holders if they do that.

It’s literally no skin of any Premier League clubs nose to refund the remainder of the games people have bought tickets for. If they’re playing behind closed doors, fine, but don’t take the piss out of supporters by pretending that a stream is an adequate replacement for buying a match ticket.

Put it this way, you wouldn’t pay 30 quid per game to sit at home and watch it on the telly. PPV boxing fights don’t even cost that much.

Why not run this season into next and play a total of around 65/66 games ?

There's major protesting going on over at S6 about playing in empty stadiums...

...they want it to happen.

So Saturday's game with toon will be announced as behind closed doors today, that's going to upset a few, but if it's for the greater good, it can only be the sensible way to go can't it?

It is what it is, they won’t cancel the league imo, the worst case scenario that will happen is they suspend it and we resume when we can and I reckon the Euros will be cancelled. It is going to be rubbish watching games in an empty stadium tho, teams like Wednesday who are used to that situation may gain an advantage tho ;)
Cancel the Euros postpone games and extend the season would be best all round

Presumably we'd be refunded any match tickets already purchased? No doubt train fares would be down the swanny.
Cancel the Euros postpone games and extend the season would be best all round
This does seem the most sensible option right now (should it come to it)

There will be far too much opposition to playing behind closed doors, either we get the games rescheduled and quickly to ensure we finish the season or the season is suspended.

There’s far too much opposition to playing behind closed doors, just listening to Pep yesterday, the game is for the fans and if the fans aren’t there there’s no point.

Also home teams are massively disadvantaged playing behind closed doors, so there will be opposition here too.

I suspect a range of options will be put forward to prem league clubs for them to vote.

However if a player or manager contracts the virus then games will suspended anyway and then the decision will be to suspend the season.

For all those that are happy to cancel the Euros, any chance you could have a whip round to cover the cost of the money I'll lose from the flights I've already booked? Cheers

For all those that are happy to cancel the Euros, any chance you could have a whip round to cover the cost of the money I'll lose from the flights I've already booked? Cheers

If you've got anything left over I could do with the same, half a grand should cover everything booked

The spread isn't going to suddenly slow down or disappear in the short to medium term. Experts say cases will continue to double every 4 days. This season is over folks. Euros too. Forget the behind the closed doors nonsense, it won't last.

Sad, as would have loved to have seen how it all turned out in the European run. Also, Wednesday. Relegation was looking likely.

Back
Top Bottom