Be thankful

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Vassilis

Reaction score
We could be Liverpool fans. Not seem a more disjointed team in a while...

It's true. I thought with their spending in the summer it looked like they'd be making a strong push for the title.
With the capture of Lallana and Lambert I thought Soton would be the team to struggle, instead of which they've done really well in the Premiership and made it all the way to the League Cup quarter finals before being knocked out.

OK let's take the analogy with Liverpool.

They were buzzing last year, so were we second half of the season.

They've lost Suarez and Sturridge, we've lost Maguire and Brayford ; all four key players, vital to last season's success.

Each club is trying to build on last season's success.

Both managers raised expectations last season and have a lot to live up to.

Both managers will feel that most of their signings are not firing yet, and there lies a fundamental problem.

Added to that, even the players who were starring week in week out last season have not come to the party yet, probably because those main men spurred them all on to higher levels and instilled confidence all around them.

Both clubs have to improve quickly if they are to fulfil their objectives. Actually Liverpool are probably much further away from that than ourselves.

We could be Juventus fans and our star player could have signed a new lucrative contract six weeks ago?

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba's agent Mino Raiola met Manchester City chiefs on Friday to discuss the possibility of his client making a stunning return to the Premier League in the not to distant future, according to Italian journalist Tancredi Palmeri.
The Gazzetta dello Sport correspondent unleashed that transfer bomb on Twitter earlier today, insisting that Raiola held positive talks with City representatives in a bid to keep the French midfielder's options open despite helping the 21-year-old bag a lucrative new deal at Juve just six weeks ago.

Isn't is amazing that you can be brilliant manager when you have a couple of real quality options for your strikers and then when you only have some quality in midfield and no striking talent available you can look totally useless? Bizarre eh?

Rogers was "brilliant" with the World Class Suarez in his forward line and pretty pants since Jaws has left and Sturridge has been injured for most of the campaign.

Who'da thought that quality strikers win you games?

I'm sure somebody else has been banging on about this subject before now but can't quite seem to recall who ;)

It's a crying shame the Scousers are out of the Champions League. Who can forget the great teams of the 70's and 80's when the kop became a twelth man and Liverpool played the best passing football the world has ever seen. It's a club steeped in tradition of course, that deserves its place among Europe's elite. Not forgetting the raucous, offbeat humour of those lovable fans. The city is famed for its humour. Where else would have produced such talent as Cilla "worra laff" Black, Ken "tickle stick" Dodd, Jimmy Tarbuck and the Liver Birds?

Some of their fans may be rogues, but they're lovable rogues, like the Beatles, who were no angels but what sweet music they made. The famous kop singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" provides evidence of the city's rich musical heritage. Gerry and the Pacemakers came from Liverpool too, as well as those loveable moptops from a more modern era, Echo and the Bunnymen.

And who can forget Stevie Gerrard, who epitomises everything that great city stands for. Courage and determination in the face of adversity, great humour and a cheeky toothy grin. It's "gorrah" be among the best cities in the world, right?

Personally I won't be watching any Champions League. It's the Europa League on a Thursday night for me from now on. Come on Liverpool!

It's amazing what losing a top 10 player in the world who had the greatest premier league season of all time and replacing him with Rickie Lambert will do

Can't knock Lambert. They replaced Suarez with that lazy twat Balotelli. They're missing Sturridge more than I imagined too.

Both clubs have to improve quickly if they are to fulfil their objectives. Actually Liverpool are probably much further away from that than ourselves.
But given that their objectives are winning the Premiership and competing in the champions league, and ours is to escape the third division, comparing the plight of their fans with ours is a bit laughable, isn't it? :)

UTB

But given that their objectives are winning the Premiership and competing in the champions league, and ours is to escape the third division, comparing the plight of their fans with ours is a bit laughable, isn't it? :)

UTB

Football has the same dynamics at every level. There are objectives, a manager, a budget, a squad of players, loyal fans.

United fans have just as much personal investment in our club as Liverpool fans. 20000 crowds turning up for our games to watch our team is much harder to achieve than filling Anfield for the Champions League I'd say.

In fact many Liverpool "fans" chose to support them in the glory days, so I'd say our fans have more personal stake in their club in some ways. Having a number of fans forums with activity like ours is further testament to our commitment as well.

My analogy was an effort to illustrate the stage each manager was at and the similarities in their situations which were in turn impacting on results and the morale of their fans. Ask Liverpool fans or Toon fans if it's harder being a Blade and they would laugh at you, I know I have mates who honestly believe they are more "used and abused" than us; they both say " it's all about our expectations" !!

Football has the same dynamics at every level. There are objectives, a manager, a budget, a squad of players, loyal fans.

United fans have just as much personal investment in our club as Liverpool fans. 20000 crowds turning up for our games to watch our team is much harder to achieve than filling Anfield for the Champions League I'd say.

In fact many Liverpool "fans" chose to support them in the glory days, so I'd say our fans have more personal stake in their club in some ways. Having a number of fans forums with activity like ours is further testament to our commitment as well.

My analogy was an effort to illustrate the stage each manager was at and the similarities in their situations which were in turn impacting on results and the morale of their fans. Ask Liverpool fans or Toon fans if it's harder being a Blade and they would laugh at you, I know I have mates who honestly believe they are more "used and abused" than us; they both say " it's all about our expectations" !!
Though I attached my reply to yours, it was as much aimed at the OP;

"It could be worse...........We could be Liverpool fans. Not seem a more disjointed team in a while..."

I agree with you, it takes far more to support a club like ours than it does Liverpool. And whatever the pain of not reaching different expectations is, we'd all trade places with Liverpool, league status wise.

UTB

Isn't is amazing that you can be brilliant manager when you have a couple of real quality options for your strikers and then when you only have some quality in midfield and no striking talent available you can look totally useless? Bizarre eh?

Rogers was "brilliant" with the World Class Suarez in his forward line and pretty pants since Jaws has left and Sturridge has been injured for most of the campaign.

Who'da thought that quality strikers win you games?

I'm sure somebody else has been banging on about this subject before now but can't quite seem to recall who ;)

All of us!

It's a crying shame the Scousers are out of the Champions League. Who can forget the great teams of the 70's and 80's when the kop became a twelth man and Liverpool played the best passing football the world has ever seen. It's a club steeped in tradition of course, that deserves its place among Europe's elite. Not forgetting the raucous, offbeat humour of those lovable fans. The city is famed for its humour. Where else would have produced such talent as Cilla "worra laff" Black, Ken "tickle stick" Dodd, Jimmy Tarbuck and the Liver Birds?

Some of their fans may be rogues, but they're lovable rogues, like the Beatles, who were no angels but what sweet music they made. The famous kop singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" provides evidence of the city's rich musical heritage. Gerry and the Pacemakers came from Liverpool too, as well as those loveable moptops from a more modern era, Echo and the Bunnymen.

And who can forget Stevie Gerrard, who epitomises everything that great city stands for. Courage and determination in the face of adversity, great humour and a cheeky toothy grin. It's "gorrah" be among the best cities in the world, right?

Personally I won't be watching any Champions League. It's the Europa League on a Thursday night for me from now on. Come on Liverpool!

You're either a Scouser or you're pissed.

Wtf am i reading hereo_O This post should have surely finished with one of these:rolleyes:

Fatty Samuels I think called it right on the Sunday Supplement, they didn't replace their 30 goal a season striker. A classic case of not replacing what you have sold which I think we as blades fans can relate to. Instead they pissed their money away trying to improve the overall quality of their squad and it's failed.

They had to replace Suarez. They could have got Remy, they could have got Mandžukić but they bought Balotelli.

Fatty Samuels I think called it right on the Sunday Supplement, they didn't replace their 30 goal a season striker. A classic case of not replacing what you have sold which I think we as blades fans can relate to. Instead they pissed their money away trying to improve the overall quality of their squad and it's failed.

They had to replace Suarez. They could have got Remy, they could have got Mandžukić but they bought Balotelli.
hah hah hah hah haaaaaa

hqdefault.jpg

Well makes you think Im in Spain and all the talk is of Real Madrid , setting a new record of 20 games 20 wins the first time the best club in the worlds ever done it in a league of clubs they are clearly better than ,
, yet some blades fans seem upset we cant win all 46 in league one

Well makes you think Im in Spain and all the talk is of Real Madrid , setting a new record of 20 games 20 wins the first time the best club in the worlds ever done it in a league of clubs they are clearly better than ,
, yet some blades fans seem upset we cant win all 46 in league one

Real clearly better than Barca? I would say they are about the same and in no way is one clearly better than the other.

The city is famed for its humour. Where else would have produced such talent as Cilla "worra laff" Black, Ken "tickle stick" Dodd, Jimmy Tarbuck and the Liver Birds?

You have missed out the least funny, funny man ever - Stan 'I only have one joke, it's not really a joke and no one apart from scouters ever found it funny, irritating bastard' Boardman.
I have quite a few mates who are scousers, thankfully the majority of them are evertonians and quite level headed when it come to football. That said, it maybe a sweeping generalisation, but scousers do have a massively inflated opinion of themselves and In particular Liverpool fans. As much as I enjoyed watching them in the 80's, I thoroughly enjoyed them getting dumped out of the champions league the other night. Bleating, whining, thieving bastards!!!

Well yesterday, after more points were thrown away to average opposition in this woeful league, I thought to myself......at least we don't support Liverpool.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom