BBC reporting Adams has been offered post!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SotonBlade

Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/port_vale/9327422.stm

Port Vale manager Micky Adams has been offered the vacant manager's job at Sheffield United.
The much-travelled ex-Fulham, Brighton and Leicester boss, 49, is the Blades' choice as successor to Gary Speed.
BBC Radio Stoke understands that, once a compensation package is agreed with Vale, Sheffield-born Adams will depart for the club he followed as a boy.
Adams arrived at Vale Park in June 2009 and, within 18 months, has turned them into a promotion-chasing side.
Having come through the youth ranks at Bramall Lane before beginning his playing career with Gillingham, Adams has made no secret that he is a Blades fan.
Former Sheffield United manager Dave Bassett, a close friend of Adams, told BBC Radio Stoke that he would do a good job at his home town club.
"Micky grew up watching them and there is always that dream of being their manager," said Bassett.
"It will be a hard job, but Micky has got some good qualities.
"He's worked as a coached, he's managed at Fulham, Brighton, Brentford and we worked together at Nottingham Forest and Leicester.
"He has a good background and that's important."
As things stand both Sheffield United and Port Vale have to agree compensation for Adams and, until that is finalised, Bassett says he will give 100% focus to Vale Parkl
"He won't down tools, he still has a job to do," added Bassett. "He appreciates that Port Vale gave him an opportunity again and he will not disrespect them."

I for one hope its true. Look where tippy tappy football got Crewe. I'm a Poet!!!

I hope so, he was always my first choice. Good experienced manager who knows the football league well and has had a little taste of the PL. He will save us from relegation and then build a strong, athletic team. He is NOT a hoof merchant as some would suggest and he will build a side that can mix it up.

Come on Blades bring this one home!

Back
Top Bottom