(BBC) Premier League Player of the Year - Lunny in the mix!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Grappler

Reaction score
Premier League Player of the Season
Shortlist
These are the 12 players shortlisted for the Premier League Player of the Season award. League leaders Liverpool have an impressive six players in the list.
Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
Alisson (Liverpool)
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal)
Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City)
Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool)
Jordan Henderson (Liverpool)
Raul Jimenez (Wolves)
John Lundstram (Sheffield United)
Sadio Mane (Liverpool)
Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
Jamie Vardy (Leicester)

Incredible I'm a big Lunny fan, but how in gods name is he ahead of Fleck

Or 5 or 6 others for that matter

Exactly my view too. This is Lundstramania taken too far. He might be Fantasy Football’s Player of the Season, but while he’s had a good season he’s not even near the top five for our Player of the Year.

Last edited:
Kin hell , Lunny 🤷‍♂️ , he`s good but Fleck ffs , JOC , in fact all the back 4 !! Well at least we have a player mentioned and we were never gona win it anyway !

Incredible I'm a big Lunny fan, but how in gods name is he ahead of Fleck

Or 5 or 6 others for that matter

He deserves his place in the top 12 Premier League players of the season, although should be behind Henderson, Baldock, Stevens, O'Connell, Egan, Basham, Norwood, Fleck, Sharp, Mousset, and probably van Dijk.

Based primarily on points accumulated via stupid "games".

Conveniently ignoring the fact he ain't a fucking defender to boot !!

Nothing against our boy. Just these ridiculous polls.

UTB

He's not even in our top 12 best players, how the funk can he be in the Premier League top 12???

As others have said, he's behind Henderson, Baldock, Basham, Egan, O'Connell, Stevens, Norwood & Fleck in the running for our own POTS so this is a bit ridiculous. He couldn't even hold onto his shirt every week.

If he'd kept up his very early season form he'd still be behind O'Connell, Fleck & Henderson.

Exactly my view too. This is Lundstramania taken too far. He might be Fantasy Football’s Player of the Season, but while he’s had a good season he’s not even near the top five for our Player of the Year.

Word for word agree with this.

Has to be Van Dijk or De Bruyne for me.

For us, I think player of the year should be on achievement based on your ability. Egan, Stevens, Henderson and Fleck have all been immense, but it’s Basham for me.

They all (including me) said he couldn’t do it and he’s been excellent in virtually every game. That’s hard work and dedication, not natural talent. He’s been simply superb and would get my vote.

If Lundstram's inclusion adds £20-30 million to his valuation then give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Get rid as soon as possible if it means we're better off to the tune of £30-40 million.....Blade's PR needs to get busy in double quick time and compile one of those videos that reveal Lunny as the answer to any team's problems!

That really is bloody hideous.

Who the fuck decides the shortlist?!

Fleck's even scored more goals than him FFS.

It's literally fantasy football that's got him on this list.

That really is bloody hideous.

Who the fuck decides the shortlist?!

I reckon they took a lockdown delivery from a dealer and got twatted on the herb
Then through a fit of giggles said ‘right, last two, let’s really take the piss.... Vardy! One trick pony, all the team plays for him and he has a chin like a broken kerbstone..... he’s in. 1 better, Lunny, been benched by a new signing that’s not bettered a 6/10, not even in their top 11 players this season, let alone the whole of the PL.... - gerrimin🤪🤪

Lunny being a candidate just proves the nominations are based on limited action, mainly goal clips.
It wouldn’t surprise me if some outsiders think he’s our best player and star player.

Lunny has had a great season....... but that’s mainly only based on his circumstances of previously struggling to even be a fringe player...many thought we’d get rid.
I’m still unsure if Lunny even warrants being a starter in our team...because we have better players.
However Lunny has a good allround game and a great engine.....he could easily develop into an excellent PL player.

I’m a big Lunny fan (before it was cool) but to be in the mid for player of the season is a bit too far. Most improved I think he could get that.

But Fleck (who i thought would struggle) has been unreal. Ollie being a sitter won’t get much recognition as they never do really.

It stands us in good position with all 3 lines up for next season.

For us, I think player of the year should be on achievement based on your ability. Egan, Stevens, Henderson and Fleck have all been immense, but it’s Basham for me.

They all (including me) said he couldn’t do it and he’s been excellent in virtually every game. That’s hard work and dedication, not natural talent. He’s been simply superb and would get my vote.

I understand what you are saying mate & I am not looking for an arguement, but Bash has risen to every single challenge he has faced in terms of upping his game as we went up the leagues. Of course he always puts in 100% effort in every game & has a fantastic engine, but it is just not true to suggest he is limited talent wise just because he can look ungainly at times. There are countless examples of him showing sublime skill & going past players as if they were not there, against Man City this year is a great example of this, & of doing things a simple "effort & trier" player with no talent could only dream of.
You are right that he has been superb though.

I understand what you are saying mate & I am not looking for an arguement, but Bash has risen to every single challenge he has faced in terms of upping his game as we went up the leagues. Of course he always puts in 100% effort in every game & has a fantastic engine, but it is just not true to suggest he is limited talent wise just because he can look ungainly at times. There are countless examples of him showing sublime skill & going past players as if they were not there, against Man City this year is a great example of this, & of doing things a simple "effort & trier" player with no talent could only dream of.
You are right that he has been superb though.

Haha you don’t have to worry about appearing to look for an argument, it is a discussion board!

Having watched him play at three levels over a number of years (as we all have), I still he has a lot less natural talent than Norwood, McGoldrick and Mousset for example. I think there are clear gaps in natural talent (Enda vs. Baldock for instance) but no one matches Bash’s work ethic.

Best example is that Leeds game. Bash was well out of his depth in midfield, giving the ball away and struggling against their quality. But who was it who went steaming forward for the goal, during which he then slipped as he slotted home. It was Bash to a tee.

Lunny has done well when he's been on the pitch. But no way in my humble opinion does he make the shortlist ahead of other Blades players

Back
Top Bottom