Baxter

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We won 2-0 and people are still fucking whining and moaning. Fuck off if you can't enjoy watching us win.

Anyone claiming that José was garbage (yes including you Deadbat) really need to try and face reality or just pure and simply shut up. Baxter is not a striker. That's evident in the way he plays in a deeper role. In midfield he bosses games and he did nothing wrong in midfield tonight. Up top he wasn't great but that's because he isn't a striker! Just take a look at his finishing for evidence! Scougall shouldn't have started based on recent form but in the end I'm glad he proved me wrong. Basham was good also.

All in all we won. And if you still need to bitch and moan about us then don't bother turning up anymore because you won't be missed. Not that some of you even go regularly. This isn't a dig at everyone, just selected individuals.

Well as I'm sure a few will say, I am a fully paid up clapper, that does not mean I don't say my piece when a player is not doing well.
A few have pointed out Jose was very up and down yesterday, and my view is, as someone else said he is playing a variety of roles not just in different positions but different roles in those positions, a few times yesterday clough was apoplectic with Jose but the fact he left him on speaks volumes, does that mean clough should stay away because he moans about various players?
In time the blades will sort out a formation of players to win consistently till then enjoy the ride :)

In reality we SHOULD have been winning at half time considering the great chances we created, but Baxter is not a natural finisher.

At 1 nil against 10 men we dropped off again and Bradford nearly equalised - same thing happened last Saturday at home to Orient - we got 2-1 up and dropped off.

We should have been winning 3 nil half way through the 2nd half and not pissing around letting teams come back into the game - hence the reason Cloughy going absolutely bonkers on the side lines.

We are all really chuffed we won, we just make like very difficult for ourselves when there is absolutely no reason to - It appears as though you can't see the obvious.

UTB
Agee with you that we make it difficult for ourselves . The only team in this League who can beat the Blades is the Blades. We either do not get going until the last 20 minutes or create our own problems . Saying that we are sitting 7th on equal points with the teams in the play offs , and are still in 3rd gear , even better things are to come .Baxter is a good player but his overall talents as a striker are wasted , due to not being a natural finisher . His role should be creative midfield , and making / scoring goals from that position . We do need a striker and whether Higdon is the man for all seasons , only time will tell . We have some great impact players , and Mr Clough will get things right . This year is our year . Luck and fortune are on our side , after years of missing out . Could have been 2-2 or 5-2 to the Blades. Some great football yesterday , but we have to get rid of unprofessional play and the scare factor with stopping being poor in decisions on the field , which creates additional pressure and gives us fans high blood pressure.

Positive and UTB.

He's a fuckin luxury brings nothing to this team what's so ever anybody who says any different is on another planet how Clough left Baxter on and took Scoogs off is beyond me .
If Clough doesn't start Mcnulty and Higgy in a 442 or someone similar in a 442 we are staying down

Pay no attention mate, your composition is a tribute to everything I attribute to the terraces in England.

We could do with a bit more diversity on here, so get writing, presumably after you're tanked up. I mean, what would be the point of a sober, considered post? Especially after you've shown such delicacy in your turn of phrase. More please, but next time, with less inhibition please UTB

Don't even know where to start with that.... o_O

You and I must watch different teams.
Oops had a few too many beers when I posted that total bollocks agreed!
Hey we all do it, fair enough.

You must have literally had a gallon of magnet before you wrote that though!
On holiday watched the match in a sports bar in fourtoventura into double figure Guiness when I posted it and just watched the replays of Baxters misses

Agree about Baxter
Disagree about Scougs
Much better from Scougal today he harried and pressed and his link play was very good too. He should have stayed on instead of Baxter when the change was made. He links better with McNuts than Baxter does

Hmmmm Im not so sure about Scougal. I really like him as a player, tremendous energy, quick feet BUT soooo lightweight, as evidences by the farcical WWF throw on him and the unbelievable "not a penalty" decision by the idiot masquerading as a referee.

Regrettably, the standard of reffing at this shit level of football is scandalous and this is why I hesitate about Scougal.

I do not think we can afford the luxury of more than one of Scougal / Baxter / Reed on the pitch at any one time for this reason.
UTB & FTP

On holiday watched the match in a sports bar in fourtoventura into double figure Guiness when I posted it and just watched the replays of Baxters misses

The double figure Guinness would explain it. Six of those would have me believing we could get automatic promotion. Funny what beer can do though, I think Jamie Murphy is a brilliant footballer but if he plays poorly and I have a drink I'm really harsh on him.

Baxter isn't a striker, even though he does a solid job there. He's an excellent no.10 playing behind the centre forward or an equally excellent central midfield player. Scores all of his goals arriving late from a deep lying role. Play him in his best position I say. I genuinely believe in those positions he's a good Championship player.

No matter what we do the same people moan about the same thing over and over again even if it isn't warranted. The only thing wrong with tonight was the players sitting back ridiculously after we got ourselves in front. Baxter wasn't awful, far from it. He isn't shit, he isn't fat, he isn't a striker. The constant, ridiculous stick he receives is just not needed. McCarthy and Campbell-Ryce were the two weak points for me, constantly passing to Bradford players.

I thought that JCR was superb except for the final cross which was poor. Thought Doyle was poor, Baxter was frustrating and missed 2 great chances and Scougal was totally ineffective the whole game. Murphy was in and out of the game and also missed 2 chances and we were crying out for a striker with pace and strength who would have helped himself to a bag of goals with the chances we've wasted in the last 4 games !!

Cloughie says he's "happy with what we've got" at the moment ....... I cannot and will not believe that statement :cool:
UTB & FTP

There's no doubt Baxter has great qualities and has found it difficult to produce in role Clough has been playing him.
I think like many he may be better operating with a free role behind two front men.

There's no doubt Baxter has great qualities and has found it difficult to produce in role Clough has been playing him.
I think like many he may be better operating with a free role behind two front men.

He indeed does have great qualities at this level - still find it puzzling why NC plays him up top so much.

NC says he wants to get away from the false 9, yet he keeps picking teams that way.

Strange, to say the least.

UTB

Great piece of football wasn't it. free kick just outside a decent shooting range and we end up passing it back to our keeper in 4 passes who is being chased down by their striker. infuriating, but who is responsible, the players or the coach?
Clough.

Back
Top Bottom