'Memries' 'Basham's arriving' 5 years since this moment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

One if the great away days. I was looking at the clock thinking I'd be happy with a point. That season and the first six months of the Premier League were the best 18 months to support United.

I’d do some disgusting things to experience that journey from L1 Champions up to Covid again.

What made it even better for me, I was 21-25 and could spend most of my disposable income on boozing and following United home and away with my pals.

Good times.

Day before the Lisbon Half Marathon, watched it in a bar in Alfama with Geary23 and a random Bladey Lady from London there for the weekend with her husband who didn't like football versus about a dozen or so assorted Dirties ( though I was the only person with a Leeds accent...). Went ballistic when the great man did his thing to the point where the bar owner tried to calm us down, fearing an attack from the now glum and silent seat smashers. Turns out they were sound and bought us congratulatory beers. Out the window went the " No drinking today, we're here to run tomorrow " plan as did the subsequent " going for a pb" the day after....

One of the all time best Blades memories. Cheers Bash & get well soon x

I remember as he ran clear thinking of how much of a mess he made of his chance at the end of the first half. Couldn't get excited as went to strike it. Thinking "why did this have to fall to Bash!"

What a moment to be wrong

Just fabulous!
What a great servant to the club.
Absolutely tragic injury this season.
Get well Bash.
Legend.

My daughter, my 5 month old grandson and I watched the game in a scuzzy pub in Leeds.He was resplendent in his Sheffield United t shirt. We had to leave before Bash scored his goal, good job we did as I’m not sure my grandson would have been safe 🤪
caught up with the score once we’d reached our second destination. What a day.

Was with my ex trying to watch this on the telly. Her arsehole mate turned up did nothing but bitch and moan about me watching the footy. I was given an ultimatum to either turn it off and engage with the company or go upstairs if I was "THAT bothered about it"

I had a cracking time upstairs watching the second half by myself.

Back
Top Bottom