Basham Interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ucandomagic

Reaction score
What a fantastic interview from Bash. Asked about his contract which ends in June he said we’re talking about, it but I’m very happy, it’ll come when it comes! He said he just wants to be the next Morgs.

He’s a real throwback to proper footballers who felt privileged to be paid to play the game. I remember reading that TC never read a contract - he just signed them because he wanted to play.

Absolutely Magic Bash - may your wish come true and you become a Blades legend.

Just imagine Morgan attempting to be the overlapping right-centreback in our current set-up. I hope there’s an opportunity to try this in a testimonial at some point – what a sight it would be.
If we ever play against a side featuring Neymar, then Trianos Dellas and Morgs as Overlapping Centre Halves would be a sight to behold.

Got a nasty cut to the side of his head tonight but he had it glued and battled on and had to change his shirt for one with no blood on and just a plain white back with no number. Did alright tonight I thought the legend.

Everybody knows he can be limited at times but I love his determination, will to win and love for our club. A top bloke who never hides or shirks when things are a bit shit. Reminds me of Sir Bob Booker. Epitomises us as a club, never give in and bollocks to the rest.

An observation from tonight, and something that is a recurrent theme. When United play well, you don't really notice Bash because others come to the fore a lot more, but when we play poorly, Bash is usually one of our stand out players or MOM, because he is the one who doesn't hide and keeps on plugging away.

He isn't the most asthetically pleasing footballer to watch, he looks gangly, clumsy and never seems to be in control of the ball, but that is a positive as i think other teams must look at him and think he isn't very good, but he is more skilful that you would think, is blessed with an excellent football brain which is shown by the number of positions that he can play.

One thing that i liked from the off about Bash is that when he first came in, he said he was coming here for the long haul and to put down roots here, which he did, and in 4 and a bit seasons and over 200 games i struggle to recall him having a bad game, and he is one of those players who seems a perfect fit with the club.

And at one point last night, face covered in blood, nearly became Terry Basher.

Back
Top Bottom