Barn door Billy...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think Billy's playing a blinder, the little he's maybe lost in scoring himself he's defiantly made up for by providing chances and room for others.
And I don't believe for a second that that's a coincidence either.....

I asked the question the other day regarding how he is performing against his XG. By all accounts he's pretty much on the money.

I think we've just grown to expect him to bury tricky chances: one-on-ones, shots from tight angles etc. As much as people moan that hia finishing has dropped off (and it has a tad), at least he's missing opportunities. He's constantly getting on the end of things.
None of our other strikers have the ability to find space in the box like he does and we always look so much more threatening for having Billy on the grass.c

Always worth looking at "big chances missed" for a different perspective on the game. At the end of the season the players who have missed the most good chances are pretty much always the top scorers of the division.

For some reason we have to do the yearly "have his legs gone?" debate, but Sharp is guaranteed goals. As long as the team make a few chances no smart person bets against Sharp scoring. People can talk about his missed chances vs. Cardiff but it was a matter of time before he scored one.

By Sharps standards of finishing he had a really poor first half, however he's always in the right position a little bit like McGoldrick.

Sharp has come away with 2 in 2 now we're back playing the way we're used to and getting plenty of early crosses in, he'll miss plenty but you can always rely on him for a goal too! Something you cannot do with the majority of our strike force.

I think Billy is doing very well. He is no spring chicken but still produces that 15-20 yard acceleration of pace that defenders hate, Nobody takes all the chances they get but his ratio is good. Keep going Billy.

I read somewhere he is now just two goals away from being the top scorer of all time in the EFL
1 goal away from the all time top goalscorer in the championship. 2 to beat it. Think he's already the highest goalscorer this century.

Imagine playing against Billy ,you would be shitting yourself ,he gets into great positions and has chances every game he plays ,hes a constant pain in the arse and usually gets one. Every other teams fans hate him but secretly have an admiration for him. A true United legend.
Foxy ?

He is 2 goals away from being the top scorer in the second tier since it was renamed the Championship, which is a bit daft. It’s the same division it was before they renamed it.

Yes and no, in practical terms it's the same division more or less, being the second tier in English football, but it's now the top of the Football League where previously it was the second division of four.

Given that there's still standard promotion/relegation between the Premier League and the Football League I suppose the difference is arbitrary.

Yes and no, in practical terms it's the same division more or less, being the second tier in English football, but it's now the top of the Football League where previously it was the second division of four.

Given that there's still standard promotion/relegation between the Premier League and the Football League I suppose the difference is arbitrary.
However which you you call it ....its still some record hey.

Keep up the great work Billy

Let’s face it.

There are one or two on here that, almost certainly, are Close personal friends of the other striker that is directly in competition for the starting shirt.

That said, it is incredibly loyal of them to continually support their “pal” in the face of overwhelming evidence he’s fookin crap at his job !!

Credit is due at least for that 👏.

UTB
I can’t be the only one who this post confused?

Going back a few years now but believe it or not Kieth Edwards also missed chances and people who knew nowt about football just like today would constantly fuckin moan about his ‘contribution’.
The thing with Billy now and Edwards back then was that replacing them with another striker just because they miss a few chances doesn’t work. All of a sudden chances dry up.
It’s almost as if (and this is a freaky concept) they make chances happen…… “Wow!”fancy that!!,just by being in the right place at the right time or by making beautifully timed runs and basically out thinking defences.
Not one other striker in our line up not Brewster,not Moose,not Mcburnie,not Goldie,not Gump would have missed the chances Sharp has missed because those chances WOULD NOT have been made in the first place without Sharp on the field.
I realise this will go straight over one or two heads buy hey ho.

Going back a few years now but believe it or not Kieth Edwards also missed chances and people who knew nowt about football just like today would constantly fuckin moan about his ‘contribution’.
The thing with Billy now and Edwards back then was that replacing them with another striker just because they miss a few chances doesn’t work. All of a sudden chances dry up.
It’s almost as if (and this is a freaky concept) they make chances happen…… “Wow!”fancy that!!,just by being in the right place at the right time or by making beautifully timed runs and basically out thinking defences.
Not one other striker in our line up not Brewster,not Moose,not Mcburnie,not Goldie,not Gump would have missed the chances Sharp has missed because those chances WOULD NOT have been made in the first place without Sharp on the field.
I realise this will go straight over one or two heads buy hey ho.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

UTB

It annoys me how quick people jump on Billys back without looking at the facts. The 2 chances he didn't put away were both on target. The first one was very difficult as he couldn't put any power in his header. The second one was a good save by the keeper using his legs. He finds gaps all over the shop when others don't, yet is pilloried because he misses chances. Name me a striker that doesn't miss lots of chances? Ronaldo missed an open goal against us once, yet he's one of the best finishers ever.
There are some people who just don't seem to think a striker is allowed to miss a chance.

He had four chances on Saturday through getting himself in good positions and getting a good pass. He scored one, got a guy sent off and missed two. One of the ones he missed was by far the most difficult.

I'm with you, I just don't understand what people expect. If strikers in much better teams had that ratio, they'd score 50 goals a season and be playing against 8 men some weeks. The fact we didn't create much early on in the season isn't Billy's fault.

Some people just need to chill out.

Billy is just Baby Scoring Shark.....Didz is Baby Billy Shark, but a bit taller.....
Love them both....

I suppose the second tier is a slightly higher standard now than pre-Premier League at least, as it is currently comprised of the 21st - 44th best teams instead of the 23rd - 44th best. Like if you took Fulham and Bournemouth out of the current division, that would have been the "old" second tier, which to be fair does make it look a lot shitter.

But I think that was a change with the creation of the PL rather than the Championship.

A bit unconnected but iv just watched behind the blades v Cardiff with a great clip of Billy after his goal, ff to 10.13 if you can't be arsed to watch it all
True blade

Back
Top Bottom