Outgoing? Baldock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Quick reminder how bad Bogle is at defending.

That OG by Robbo was so telegraphed.

You just knew Bogle wasn’t going to close him down properly.

He never does.

He’s ok as a wing back when you have lots of ball.

He’s an absolutely terrible defender though.

The thing I've never understood about Baldock fans is why they have to be so negative about Bogle (or whoever else is at right back) rather than just being pro-George, being needlessly anti anyone else is pathetic.

The thing I've never understood about Baldock fans is why they have to be so negative about Bogle (or whoever else is at right back) rather than just being pro-George, being needlessly anti anyone else is pathetic.

To be fair most people on here like both of them but splicing Bogle and Baldock together isn't possible with medical science just yet.

They both can have a place in our squad.

But they are very different players even though they play the same position.

Those that suggest we’ll just offload Baldock and be ok because we’ve got Bogle have to pony up and advise who comes in and adds the defensive robustness that Baldock brings. It isn’t Bogle.

We definitely need two good options for RWB/RB - a more solid type in addition to Bogle, but I think that will be Holgate, not Baldock. Curtis to be the 3rd option

I'm sure Baldock will come back in soon and immediately have us all wanting him to stay again. Because he's excellent. But we need to remember the injury issues, and also consider who'd be first choice next season - which is probably Bogle, if he stays
Unfortunately though, Bogle is dire defensively, but would be great in midfield.

Just a reminder that it was Bogle at wing back when we:
Lost 8-0 to Newcastle
Lost 5-0 to Arsenal
Lost 5-2 to Brighton
Lost 5-0 to Villa
The only spanking Baldock played in was the 5-0 at Burnley and that is grossly exaggerated by the fact they had a free hit for 55 minutes and only scored the last 3 in the final 17 minutes, when we were no doubt dead on our feet.

Point being all the collapses have happened without George’s experience in the team. There is definitely room in the squad for a defender who actually takes defending seriously.
Aye
And was replaced by Bogle @ 0-1

Unfortunately though, Bogle is dire defensively, but would be great in midfield.
One of the worst passers of the ball we have no physicality yet better in midfield
Amazing how convincing a few step overs and occasional dribble then losing the ball or not passing it can con people into

One of the worst passers of the ball we have no physicality yet better in midfield
Amazing how convincing a few step overs and occasional dribble then losing the ball or not passing it can con people into
Going to be interesting who Wilder offers contracts to.
Bogle is one I would let go
Not good enough in any dept,As you say he couldn't cut it in midfield ! some fans seem to think cus he can carry the ball forward midfield would suit him ! Not good enough.
He cost a bit ! Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and lose money.
Wilder has to get it right regarding who we keep,they aren't all duds ! We have some good players in there ! hopefully Wilder will pick the ones we can build a new team around.He got it right to get us into the premiership a number of years ago , can he do it again! It's not all doom and gloom, we come back to the championship in a better financial position than last time ! Shrewd management by Wilder with help from the Prince will give us hope to bounce back again.
Up the Blades !!!!!

Bogle can't defend. He should be converted into a Winger or Right Sided Mid.

I do like Bogle as an attacking player, just not as a defender

Didn't say he was good in midfield did I, just better than in defence!
Hes basically a winger that's playing out of position.
Amazing how people pick up on parts and jump to their own conclusions.

I hate this whole assumption that wing backs should need to be able to defend really well. That's, at most, half their job. Heck, TAA is a worse defender than Bogle and he gets away with it as a right back in a four...

Back
Top Bottom