Baldock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think in one of the player interviews, the question came up who stays the longest after training to do extra, and they answered its always Baldock

Imagine if we went to a back 4 and he had someone in front of him, he’d look even better. He could concentrate on defending more which he’s already very good at and have the odd foray forward knowing he’d got a bit of cover on his side when needs be.

Exactly so , and playing as a conventional full back rather than the extraordinarily demanding role of wingback , he would be as good or better than all but the top half dozen in the PL imo .

I think in one of the player interviews, the question came up who stays the longest after training to do extra, and they answered its always Baldock

Also, he tries any new fitness fad going apparently.

Furious is always trying to get those marginal gains. Fair play to him, it clearly works.

Imagine if we went to a back 4 and he had someone in front of him, he’d look even better. He could concentrate on defending more which he’s already very good at and have the odd foray forward knowing he’d got a bit of cover on his side when needs be.
i agree with you and isaw baldock is far better in a conventional back 4 than the wing back role think its 50 - 50 whether slav goes 343 or 433 but he will probably use both systems more than likely sometimes in the same game

If Baldock could finish like Freeman or Bogle, he would be playing for someone better than United. That and his final ball into the box

One thing I will say about this lad, his work ethic and drive to be as good as he can be is second to none. Don't know if he's been for a jolly but he's currently at some fitness camp thingy putting work in to be well prepared for next season. Top marks.

Yep, all over his instagram

Don't laugh but I remember it coming out in an interview a while ago that he's forever staying behind after training to work on his finishing!

Be interesting to see how it goes with both him and Bogle next season. I think they're both talented enough to be playing regularly in a Championship team, but how they fit who knows.

Don't laugh but I remember it coming out in an interview a while ago that he's forever staying behind after training to work on his finishing!

Be interesting to see how it goes with both him and Bogle next season. I think they're both talented enough to be playing regularly in a Championship team, but how they fit who knows.
baldock and bogle would ideally be suited in a 433 set up rb and rm and although im not sure slav will keep him burke in front of those 2 could make it a very interesting right flank

baldock and bogle would ideally be suited in a 433 set up rb and rm and although im not sure slav will keep him burke in front of those 2 could make it a very interesting right flank

I like the way the Italian euro team is making 443 work. We can't afford them of course - would have to make do with a carbonara fuelled Moose!

If Berge goes , which seems likely , Bogle can make the right midfield role his own .

I believe his attributes are much better suited to that role than either wing back or full back .

Like England we are stacked for Talent at RB/RWB. One thing that stops Baldock from being perfect is his offensive play, sometimes very frustrating what he does after his lung bursting runs after winning the ball back.

Someone still needs to explain to me how we go to 4 at the back next season with the players we have, and if it involves Basham and Egan then they need to think again.
Unfortunately for George, as good a pro as he is, I don’t see how he fits into a SJ defence in either a 3 or a 4. He’s a square peg and if someone like Burnley come in for him we’d be daft not to sell.

Surely there’s a place for him in SJ’s XI. He ticks the two boxes - 1) give a shit, and 2) 90 minutes at 100%. Proper blade IMO

Someone still needs to explain to me how we go to 4 at the back next season with the players we have, and if it involves Basham and Egan then they need to think again.
Unfortunately for George, as good a pro as he is, I don’t see how he fits into a SJ defence in either a 3 or a 4. He’s a square peg and if someone like Burnley come in for him we’d be daft not to sell.
The only thing i could see SJ doing is implementing him as RB/RWB with bogle further up the pitch.. I know bogles not a RM or RW player.. but id much rather see him given the nod over chicken head Burke..

The only thing i could see SJ doing is implementing him as RB/RWB with bogle further up the pitch.. I know bogles not a RM or RW player.. but id much rather see him given the nod over chicken head Burke..
But he’s not blessed with the ability going forward or with his delivery which SJ has both his full backs doing.

But he’s not blessed with the ability going forward or with his delivery which SJ has both his full backs doing.
Baldock or bogle? If baldock I think Bogle up top would alleviate that somewhat, Baldock makes some good runs, it's his end delivery thats lacking.

Baldock or bogle? If baldock I think Bogle up top would alleviate that somewhat, Baldock makes some good runs, it's his end delivery thats lacking.
SJs full backs offer more offensively than defensively even in a 4 they push on. That’s not been Baldocks strength his offensive work has been poor whereas defensively he’s excellent. I don’t think SJ needs an excellent defensive right back so Bogle makes more sense. If as I expect Slav will stick with the 3 central players then a defensively minded right back is even less of a requirement.
I also reckon given his performances he’s also one of the few who may have some interest from PL teams looking to build a solid defensive unit.

see your point bob but i expect us to bring 2 new centre backs in anyway even if egan stays and if slav prefers 433 he will bring players in that can play as a 2 in a back 4

Any news on his injury? Seems like it has barely been mentioned since Saturday.

Same with Bash as well

"Jokanovic will perhaps be quite happy that the international break has come when it has, giving time for Baldock to recover. At first glance, the injury he picked looked to be a result of the impact, as opposed to anything muscular, which will certainly be a big boost."

I can't seem to find anything else on Basham, I didn't know he was injured?

Back
Top Bottom