Backroom changes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
Give Hecky the old job he had working with the youngsters with a managerial release clause (so he can leave for free if another club offers him the main managers job), get someone in with PL experience (even if we have to pay a bit more for a bit more quality) till the end of the season.

If we stay up, then go from there.

If we go down, give Hecky the job to try and get us back up.

Hecky says he loves this club, owes this club alot etc so I'm sure he will understand he's out of his depth at this level and taking a step back may be a good change for the benefit of the club short term, but knowing that relegation means having him back in charge will also benefit the club longer term.

I'm sure Hecky isn't stupid, he'll know he has his work cut out if he stays in charge.

Who, with PL experience would take this on? Apart from CW, who would be a disaster. Ditto fat Sam, Colin or any of the other money grabbing chancers

Give Hecky the old job he had working with the youngsters with a managerial release clause (so he can leave for free if another club offers him the main managers job), get someone in with PL experience (even if we have to pay a bit more for a bit more quality) till the end of the season.

Hecky says he loves this club, owes this club alot etc so I'm sure he will understand he's out of his depth at this level and taking a step back may be a good change for the benefit of the club short term, but knowing that relegation means having him back in charge will also benefit the club longer term.

I'm sure Hecky isn't stupid, he'll know he has his work cut out if he stays in charge.
What about our head of recruitment, Paul Mitchell, surely his job is under threat considering our awful signings.

Hecky has a 5 year contract he will be still earn it even if he runs the under 21s or youth side, he can't lose.

Monty ? One for the future ( no more Slavs ) Ridiculous? Be no slackers there plus good defensive mentality

Hecky has a 5 year contract he will be still earn it even if he runs the under 21s or youth side, he can't lose.
He shouldn’t lose either after the job he’s done in his two seasons with us. Play offs first season then automatic promotion second season. 🤔

I am not sure that any manager could take what is left of this squad and make it perform well enough to stay up.
What is it that Hecky is not doing with the players at his disposal that someone else could ? Please don’t be trite and say “win” !

What about our head of recruitment, Paul Mitchell, surely his job is under threat considering our awful signings.

But the manager ultimately sanctions the players, he just gets recommendations from the scouts as its their job.

But the manager ultimately sanctions the players, he just gets recommendations from the scouts as its their job.
True but surely Mr. Mitchell has to take some responsibility

Are they awful signings or the best we could get with the money he had to work with?

You ask for a striker who can score goals and has pace, but you have a budget of £5m, you get what money allowed you to get.

Back
Top Bottom