Auston Trusty next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you even want him as a back up?

• Yes

Votes: 227 50.8%
  • No

Votes: 220 49.2%

• Total voters

Why would a promoted/bottom 6 PL club sign Trusty after his performances this season? That makes absolutely no sense.

Maybe a top six, promotion chasing Championship team. Stoke appear to be willing to splash the cash this summer and give promotion a go.

Personally I'd keep him. He's a proven, reliable Championship defender, and we'll need those.

I feel sorry for Trusty. He got thrown in the deep end when the team's confidence was already shot. He kept getting played put of position at left back, which teams kept targetting as they realised that Larouci had been a weak link and our left side had no protection in midfield. On top of that there was no guidance or leadership coming from anyone at the back to help him. By the end of the season his confidence was so shot he was scared to tackle in case he made a mistake.

Trusty was poor this season, but so was Egan, so was Anel, so was Larouci, so was Lowe, and so was Bogle defensively. It's almost like looking at three dog turds on your grass and proclaiming one worse than the other. They're all crap at the end of the day. Trusty also wasn't helped by Anel, who threw in the towel and stopped trying as soon as the first goal went in.

I'd rather have Trusty next season than Anel. Trusty's issues were down to lack of confidence, Anel's was down to a bad attitude.
We don’t need to create problems for ourselves.

I agree. Keep him. He’ll do fine as a Championship squad player.

We already have enough recruitment to do as it is.

All the team should perform better next season as it's a lower standard of football. Trusty was POTY at Birmingham, where it wouldn't be hard to stand out, but for me he's the worst I've seen since McEverly, let's hope he improves, and he should or get rid

Player of the season for a team near the bottom, hasn't finished above 17th for about 5 years and all he was doing was clearing the ball in a team playing with a low block?

Regardless of any interpretations about that particular season, its undeniable fact that this is a player who's absolutely nowhere near as good as Jack Robinson, a player who I'm more than happy to go with next season but lets not pretend he's maldini either. 104 goals and he's one of our worst defenders, have people actually been watching these matches and not seen the basics that he's pathetically failed at, basics that Jack Robinson has done with ease compared to this lump.

Defensively, he's as bad as anything I've seen. Someone called him intelligent earlier which blew me away because Auston Trusty is the defensive equivalent of Oli Burke.
Don't care about his personality off the pitch, when he's in a red n white shirt he plays like there is absolutely nothing between the ears.

I'll die on this hill, he is fucking wank
Couldn't have summed it up better👍 he's the new Nyron Nosworthy😒

No, he’s irredeemably shit and will be playing in the County Senior League next season. Experts have told us so on this very thread. And I’m talking REAL experts, not the pretend sort who have spent a lifetime working in the professional game. Our experts know what they are talking about, we should all listen to them, and it is very unfair for us to think they are clueless wank pigeons.
Makes no difference if you work in the professional game or not a wank players a wank player.

Back
Top Bottom