Attn: People who cannot handle their opinion being questioned

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Linz

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I have just had an enlightening read of the shoutbox logs from yesterday, which yes, are kept on file and which yes, are subjected to the same rules as the rest of the forum.

Two things become immediately apparent:

1) You think we don't read them because we aren't around on matchdays

2) Some members of this site are of the feeling that they should be able to play the man, not the ball when it comes to having a discussion. Nor can they handle their opinions being questioned without resorting to childish name calling.

This is a forum for the sharing of opinions. Some of those opinions you may agree with, some of those you won't. But your own opinions are not so precious that others are not allowed to question them. Nor are your opinions fact by the virtue of them being yours.

If you do not want to discuss your opinions with people who may or may not agree with you, might I suggest you go and set up a blog elsewhere where you may preach to your heart's content without a contrary thought being offered.

However, if you wish to remain on this forum, we ask that you contribute respectfully and follow our one rule - don't get personal. Some of you are now on the radar of Foxy and myself and unless you can abide by our rules, will have to seek an alternative place to abuse other people.

Last edited:

There is a lot of heated debate in shoutbox, especially after a defeat, and some do tend to type with their hearts not their brains, and everyone knows opinions are like arse holes, everyone has one and everyone else's stinks :)
But to resort to name calling etc amongst adults (allegedly) should not be tolerated, I'm not even sure if I let slip a personal comment, I think not but if anyone takes my views and opinions seriously and is angered or upset by them I'd like to say, job done :D
Seriously though we should all, no matter which camp we see ourselves in should respect Linz and foxy's wishes regarding THEIR forum and refrain from personal insults, if you really don't like someone else's opinion don't resort to insults, meet each other at play time behind bike sheds and beat your opinion into the other, remember to video it and post to YouTube and you've been framed so everyone can have a giggle at your expense.
UTB and may the best opinion giver survive in the death pits behind the forum :)

Hello all.

I have just had an enlightening read of the shoutbox logs from yesterday, which yes, are kept on file and which yes, are subjected to the same rules as the rest of the forum.

Two things become immediately apparent:

1) You think we don't read them because we aren't around on matchdays

2) Some members of this site are of the feeling that they should be able to play the man, not the ball when it comes to having a discussion. Nor can they handle their opinions being questioned without resorting to childish name calling.

This is a forum for the sharing of opinions. Some of those opinions you may agree with, some of those you won't. But your own opinions are not so precious that others are not allowed to question them. Nor are your opinions fact by the virtue of them being yours.

If you do not want to discuss your opinions with people who may or may not agree with you, might I suggest you go and set up a blog elsewhere where you may preach to your heart's content without a contrary thought being offered.

However, if you wish to remain on this forum, we ask that you contribute respectfully and follow our one rule - don't get personal. Some of you are now on the radar of Foxy and myself and unless you can abide by our rules, will have to seek an alternative place to abuse other people.
Shit. What did I say?

Sounds like the action was to be found on here!......Why the pissing hell I bother going to matches is beyond me!

There is a lot of heated debate in shoutbox, especially after a defeat, and some do tend to type with their hearts not their brains, and everyone knows opinions are like arse holes, everyone has one and everyone else's stinks :)

And of course, the old adage is very true - when beer's in, wit's out! ;)

It's really not that exciting. I lost it with some fella who'd never made a post on here and told him to fuck off.
Apparently it was McCabes fault that we didn't play with a forward. When I questioned this logic it was because KM been here the longest which I said was moronic. It might have been fucking moronic I cant remember, but definately a lot of moronic. Needless to say not big, and not clever. Plus I've been here long enough to know better.

Last edited:
There have been other instances in previous weeks where we have been at matches and been forced into coming on midway through to moderate.

Foxy and I have had enough. If we can't trust people to behave on a Saturday afternoon, we can't have the forum.

There's also a lot of snarky, obnoxious posting which, while not abuse, is set out to antagonise and neither endears the poster nor is pleasant to read.

We could fuck this place off and have a new kitchen and holiday on the money it takes to run. It's very tempting some times.

Last edited:
Unfortunately you could count the offenders on one hand and not even a Barnsley hand at that. Same old, same old, trying very hard to wind people up and usually succeeding. And then, it's the wound up who flip and get the bollocking. Some match days, the over reaction of some Blades is unbelievable.

It would help though NYB if those of us old enough to know better just logged off rather than getting irate with those clearly looking for a windup, Anyway enough on this negative topic, let talk about Ched some more!

I never try to get personal with posters. I comment on the post

Don't like it done to me, so wont do it to others

It is so frustrating sometimes tho when watching the Blades. borne out by my rant at Clough the other day with his 4-6-0 formation at home against average 3rd div oppo

Still gets me angry now ffs :mad:

There have been other instances in previous weeks where we have been at matches and been forced into coming on midway through to moderate.

Foxy and I have had enough. If we can't trust people to behave on a Saturday afternoon, we can't have the forum.

There's also a lot of snarky, obnoxious posting which, while not abuse, is set out to antagonise and neither endears the poster nor is pleasant to read.

We could fuck this place off and have a new kitchen and holiday on the money it takes to run. It's very tempting some times.

Whats stopping you?

If you don't like the moderating and hassle, hang up your keyboards. Another forum will come along, theres been a few in the past and there will be a few in the future.

This is the internet, a place where on the whole people talk crap...hide behind alaises and talk even more crap. Theres not that many people actually know each other.

You either take the attitiude that will happen and have a light touch or you crack down on a regular basis, as happened on BU years ago, and everyone gets fed up.

It's up to you...my advice, don't start beating in public about the costs and pretending you are hard done too, we don't actually care.

Whats stopping you?

If you don't like the moderating and hassle, hang up your keyboards. Another forum will come along, theres been a few in the past and there will be a few in the future.

This is the internet, a place where on the whole people talk crap...hide behind alaises and talk even more crap. Theres not that many people actually know each other.

You either take the attitiude that will happen and have a light touch or you crack down on a regular basis, as happened on BU years ago, and everyone gets fed up.

It's up to you...my advice, don't start beating in public about the costs and pretending you are hard done too, we don't actually care.

Given that you've only made 31 posts on this forum i don't think you're in much of a position to speak for the rest of the users. I care. I care enough that i've donated over three figure sums in the past to contribute to the running costs of the forum, so that this place doesn't become like BU, or be weighed down with banner ads like BM.

It's Foxy's and Linz's forum. Their rules. If people don't like them, they can fuck off, it's that simple.

Given that you've only made 31 posts on this forum i don't think you're in much of a position to speak for the rest of the users. I care. I care enough that i've donated over three figure sums in the past to contribute to the running costs of the forum, so that this place doesn't become like BU, or be weighed down with banner ads like BM.

It's Foxy's and Linz's forum. Their rules. If people don't like them, they can fuck off, it's that simple.

And where have I said different? Great on you for donating....your choice. If you run a forum, remember there are costs but don't then bleat openly about how your life could be better without it......just suck it up or get out.

And why does the number of posts make a difference? Been around a long time on United forums, always under one name but not on here as really can't be bothered. And you know what, as one closes, another opens.

And where have I said different? Great on you for donating....your choice. If you run a forum, remember there are costs but don't then bleat openly about how your life could be better without it......just suck it up or get out.

And why does the number of posts make a difference? Been around a long time on United forums, always under one name but not on here as really can't be bothered. And you know what, as one closes, another opens.

The point is don't say "WE don't care", when you've barely made any contribution to the forum (in terms of debate), so would not know the slightest what other users might think.

Whats stopping you?

Aye, I've been on a few and seen a few. All total shite compared to here

Wrong! I actually know quite a few on here and would happily (and have previously) have a night out with boundsgreen, Blackheath Blade, Foxy, Linz, silverfox, shorehamview (but no pink shit), WalthamstowBlade, Greenwich Blade, billyblademan, DazBlade88, Highbury_Blade and quite a few others (apologies to any I've missed). Strangely your name doesn't appear.....

Actually quite a few of us do care, and if you care to check the donation button you'll find a good number back it up with hard cash. Not that for a moment do I think they will, but can I suggest the admins totally ignore your advice, I'm sure many on here would agree with me!

The point is don't say "WE don't care", when you've barely made any contribution to the forum (in terms of debate), so would not know the slightest what other users might think.

So, extrapolating from your theory, people only take part when they post,what happens if they just lurk from the day the forum started reading but not getting involved, mainly because 99% of the posts are rehashes of every post on every other united forum over the years.

OOh the manager is crap/great/fantastic/dunt have a clue
That player is a splayed foot etc

Don't go we love you player A, piss off player B, you're crap.
Fans we hate you, greatest fans ever

Mccabe is a grade a **** or the greatest blade ever.

Hooooooooofball or passing team.

magnet or maggots

Rape or no rape

I'm a laywer therefore I'm better than yoooooouuuuuuu

and so on.......

So, extrapolating from your theory, people only take part when they post,what happens if they just lurk from the day the forum started reading but not getting involved, mainly because 99% of the posts are rehashes of every post on every other united forum over the years.

OOh the manager is crap/great/fantastic/dunt have a clue
That player is a splayed foot etc

Don't go we love you player A, piss off player B, you're crap.
Fans we hate you, greatest fans ever

Mccabe is a grade a **** or the greatest blade ever.

Hooooooooofball or passing team.

magnet or maggots

Rape or no rape

I'm a laywer therefore I'm better than yoooooouuuuuuu

and so on.......

I'm just waiting for you to say summat about 'TARQUEEN'

So, extrapolating from your theory, people only take part when they post,what happens if they just lurk from the day the forum started reading but not getting involved,

That's about the size of it I reckon. Just my personal belief though.

Back
Top Bottom