Player Suggestion Arnor Sigurdsson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

forte

Reaction score
Outstanding last year in the Swedish league even though he was playing for a struggling side. A lot of potential there. Could be available this summer for a bargain.

Very consistent performances for more than a year now at IFK Norrköping. A few levels above everyone in the league and pretty much do whatever he wants. Running IFK's midfield and have scored thee goals in four appearances so far this season from midfield. Last year he had 10 points in 11 games

Experience from the highest level - international games with Iceland as well as Champions League with CSKA Moscow (scored against Real Madrid at Bernabeu) and Serie A at Venezia. This is a player who certainly would be very interested to come to us, and, that we actually can afford. I reckon he would cost between 2 and 3 millions as his contract with CSKA Moscow will expire next summer. Have made it very clear that he wont return after his loan spell with IFK Norrköping expires in June.

Im adding his spider as a reference.

Sign this guy NOW!

Attachments

• Fb6kMtRXEAM81wc.jpeg
    Fb6kMtRXEAM81wc.jpeg
    537.6 KB · Views: 7
Basic facts for all you people who refuse to use Google:

An attacking midfielder who likes to play in the middle behind one or two strikers, potentially also in a free role drifting around between (and behind) their lines in Zone 2 and 3. 23 years old, 177 cm. Icelandic.

An attacking midfielder who likes to play in the middle behind one or two strikers, potentially also in a free role drifting around between (and behind) their lines in Zone 2 and 3. 23 years old, 177 cm. Icelandic.
how woud he fit in with Berg ?

Depends on how they plan to utilize Berge. If he even will be around? He has been good, but not super impressed by him and I'd be stunned if one of the big ones came back in for him... However, I feel that there have been some unclarity whether they want to play him as a 10, 6 or 8. Maybe that should be factored in regarding his performances.

Personally, I like Berge as an 8 (due to his physical attributes). Arnor is a more of a 10 but is also very good as a proper left winger which would offer us some depth if Hecky decides to change his formations, for any given reason. In the current system I see him most effective behind the front two (McAtee role). Realistically I see him as a squad player the first few months. He has tremendous potential but playing week in and week out in the PL would probably take a few months of adjustment. That's why I believe we need to retain McAtee on loan, or get someone else. I see similarities between him and McAtee. Would be a very good replacement/rotation option and offer competition as well. Going into the PL with Sigurdsson as the first-option could be too much pressure. A pre-defined plan, step-by-step would be the best option the maximise his potential.

Where's zone 2 & 3 then? Genuinely no idea.

Anyone seen how he has done in Blackburn lately since coming back from injury? Havent been able to get any data but curious!

Back
Top Bottom