Are we really that skint?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

s20Blade

Reaction score
Around the blades social media community I keep seeing things like can we really afford Connor Coady, what keepers we can get for free and what maximum loans we can have. This will be our 3rd year in the Premier league in the past 5 years from when we first went up, a league where clubs can easily spend 100m+ just to be in a relegation battle.

Apart from Brewster and maybe Mcburnie we didn't waste that much and made a profit on ramsdale, weerz moneh gone.

In the players pockets?

Edit : Was a question..

Around the blades social media community I keep seeing things like can we really afford Connor Coady, what keepers we can get for free and what maximum loans we can have. This will be our 3rd year in the Premier league in the past 5 years from when we first went up, a league where clubs can easily spend 100m+ just to be in a relegation battle.

Apart from Brewster and maybe Mcburnie we didn't waste that much and made a profit on ramsdale, weerz moneh gone.
Yes.
We owed money.
Wages.

Club had had to spend millions to get the ground up to PL requirements last time.

Spend 40m (if I recall correctly) to buy off McCabe

Lost 6/7m on Robinson
Lost 5/6m of Freeman
Lost 8/9m on Moussett

Paying an estimated 4m+ a year to our manager.

Outlayed the best part of 80m on Brewster, mcburnie, berge, and ransdale and then got relegated. We still owe money on these deals too.

And had to pay PL wages.

That a PL cash is suddenly gone especially without ground revenue for one of the seasons too.

The press say we have 20m to spend Andy67 said 20m to start with and changed it to zero after Zurich , when the board said it would use frees and loans and at no point did they mention signings apart from fees and loans. The press who we largely think are wrong on here are saying 20 m if we go inbetween let’s say 10 mill.

Club had had to spend millions to get the ground up to PL requirements last time.

Spend 40m (if I recall correctly) to buy off McCabe

Lost 6/7m on Robinson
Lost 5/6m of Freeman
Lost 8/9m on Moussett

Paying an estimated 4m+ a year to our manager.

Outlayed the best part of 80m on Brewster, mcburnie, berge, and ransdale and then got relegated. We still owe money on these deals too.

And had to pay PL wages.

That a PL cash is suddenly gone especially without ground revenue for one of the seasons too.
Where did 4m a year for manager come from? Wilder would have been paid for the rest of that season as it was mutual agreement and I can’t see the Prince shelling out 4m. We also had a very good championship season before. Then we had two seasons in championship that we did well so must have got some cash for that. Brewster 80million is a large sum how did you work it out?

Keep Ndiaye and Anel.
O'brien £6m
Doyle £10m
Chukwuemeka on loan
Manning on a free
Some shit hot striker on loan.
£4m on LCB or Coady for a reshuffle.

Easeh.
I really do think realism is the key. 10m is probably about right based on websites and boards

Where did 4m a year for manager come from? Wilder would have been paid for the rest of that season as it was mutual agreement and I can’t see the Prince shelling out 4m. We also had a very good championship season before. Then we had two seasons in championship that we did well so must have got some cash for that. Brewster 80million is a large sum how did you work it out?

In his interview I think Prince said he was on 80k a week. That’s 4m+ a year on ONE person (that’s like a league one wage bill in total), lots/most of players would be on over 2m also. That Soon eats a chunk of that PL cash up.

We lost money the season we went up with promotion bonus that we paid out and there are basically zero championship clubs that can turn a profit.

80m is across the 4 players. Who will all be on large wages given there price tags and it excludes the millions we would have paid to agents also.

All I’m trying to say is we have spend and spent significant amounts of money. The 100m we get for being in the PL gets eaten up rapidly - we aren’t sitting on some huge cash reserves otherwise we’d be paying our transfer instalments on time.

We owed McCabe for the club purchase and we lost around £20million during COVID.

That said I do think claims we are totally skint are a little wide of the mark. I just don't think while PA is here he will let himself get burned on a transfer such as Brewster's.

The press say we have 20m to spend Andy67 said 20m to start with and changed it to zero after Zurich , when the board said it would use frees and loans and at no point did they mention signings apart from fees and loans. The press who we largely think are wrong on here are saying 20 m if we go inbetween let’s say 10 mill.
Very reliable management source has told me we don't have 20 million to spend at all.

Hecky must go down the road of free transfers and anyone going for free from abroad. The Prince has pulled up the drawbridge and spending nothing.

Is the £20m a 'clever' ploy so that we can plead poverty when negotiating as we can't afford massive transfer fees, whereas under Wilder we chucked money on anyone that saw us coming, eg Liverpool.

How much do you reckon we were paying Slav when we were showing ambition? It was widely accepted he would need to be made one of the most expensive managers in the league. We then had to pay him off for the remainder of his contract.
I’d say £12m is a decent estimate about our manager expenditure over the past 3 seasons once you’ve paid Wilder and Slav off and then paid Hecky.

Last edited:
Good job we didn't get to the cup final, if we'd had to pay half for all them flags we would have been reyt skint.😁 UTB.

In his interview I think Prince said he was on 80k a week. That’s 4m+ a year on ONE person (that’s like a league one wage bill in total), lots/most of players would be on over 2m also. That Soon eats a chunk of that PL cash up.

We lost money the season we went up with promotion bonus that we paid out and there are basically zero championship clubs that can turn a profit.

80m is across the 4 players. Who will all be on large wages given there price tags and it excludes the millions we would have paid to agents also.

All I’m trying to say is we have spend and spent significant amounts of money. The 100m we get for being in the PL gets eaten up rapidly - we aren’t sitting on some huge cash reserves otherwise we’d be paying our transfer instalments on time.
Football has got itself in a real mess with the crazy wages at all levels. £2 grand a week would be a fantastic wage in just about any job, but in football this is classed as peanuts.

Highest earner on 30k

What does his other business interests make or is it one of these tingo companies that exist in a twighlight zone?

Back
Top Bottom