April is the cruellest month

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Draw at Burnley too?

No one really knows but I'd not be expecting much away at Burnley.

If we get that sort of points haul (7) we would be relying on winning probably 3 of the 4 remaining games.
All depends if we get a throw or corner!

Knowing what's coming is one thing. Stopping it is something else.

We're currently 3 points ahead of Boro, and they have 8 games to play. That means the maximum they can get is 21 more than we currently have, and even being super pessimistic, they'll lose one match, giving them 18 points on our current position.

We've 5 home games and 4 away games left. If we win all our home games, we'll need only 6 points from the 4 aways to guarantee being level with Boro, and assuming they drop at least 3 points, thats 3 points from the aways.

Obviously football's not that simple, especially in April. As dirty Leeds found out, the Easter weekend can be a pivotal one indeed. But putting it that way - for every point dropped at home, we'll need to make up in the aways. Assuming you allocate our 3 away points to the Huddersfield match (with Brum as a backup), if we can beat Norwich, it means we can lose a home game. If we lose one of the home games, we'll need to beat both Hudders and Brum.

There's no way Hecky and the players will think of it that way of course, but from a simplicity point of view - win the homes and beat Hudders and we're up.
8 x 3 was 24 when I went to school

Could easily win at Norwich and at least a draw if Burnley are already promoted (which they could be by the time we play them)

I think that we could easily win all of our home games. 6 more wins from 9 may see us over the line - possibly only 5 and a couple of draws could do it.

Looking at last 5 games Boro have taken 10 points ave 2 per game Multiply by 8 games they have left they finish on 83,

We have 9 from last 5 so ave 1.8 points multiply by 9 and we finish on 86, we go up

Draw at Burnley too?

No one really knows but I'd not be expecting much away at Burnley.

If we get that sort of points haul (7) we would be relying on winning probably 3 of the 4 remaining games.
If we get 5 from the next 3 I think I'd probably be happy with that - at worst we'd be a point behind Boro with a game in hand. 6 from the next three would be very good and 7 outstanding.

I can't see us going on another bad run unless we end up with Injuries forcing us to play the same team as v Luton but we shouldn't have picked that ream then either

Back
Top Bottom