April is the cruellest month

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We're currently 3 points ahead of Boro, and they have 8 games to play. That means the maximum they can get is 21 more than we currently have, and even being super pessimistic, they'll lose one match, giving them 18 points on our current position.

We've 5 home games and 4 away games left. If we win all our home games, we'll need only 6 points from the 4 aways to guarantee being level with Boro, and assuming they drop at least 3 points, thats 3 points from the aways.

Obviously football's not that simple, especially in April. As dirty Leeds found out, the Easter weekend can be a pivotal one indeed. But putting it that way - for every point dropped at home, we'll need to make up in the aways. Assuming you allocate our 3 away points to the Huddersfield match (with Brum as a backup), if we can beat Norwich, it means we can lose a home game. If we lose one of the home games, we'll need to beat both Hudders and Brum.

There's no way Hecky and the players will think of it that way of course, but from a simplicity point of view - win the homes and beat Hudders and we're up.

Win four of the five home games and get a point from the two aways and we’ll be sound. Anything else will be a bonus.

I actually think we will get 15-18 points from those games and get promoted at home to Preston.

We're currently 3 points ahead of Boro, and they have 8 games to play. That means the maximum they can get is 21 more than we currently have, and even being super pessimistic, they'll lose one match, giving them 18 points on our current position.

We've 5 home games and 4 away games left. If we win all our home games, we'll need only 6 points from the 4 aways to guarantee being level with Boro, and assuming they drop at least 3 points, thats 3 points from the aways.

Obviously football's not that simple, especially in April. As dirty Leeds found out, the Easter weekend can be a pivotal one indeed. But putting it that way - for every point dropped at home, we'll need to make up in the aways. Assuming you allocate our 3 away points to the Huddersfield match (with Brum as a backup), if we can beat Norwich, it means we can lose a home game. If we lose one of the home games, we'll need to beat both Hudders and Brum.

There's no way Hecky and the players will think of it that way of course, but from a simplicity point of view - win the homes and beat Hudders and we're up.
Simplicity? We won’t win all our home games. And a Huddersfield side fighting for their lives under Warnock is far from an away banker.

Apart from the semi final - which we are CAPABLE, further emphasising the word CAPABLE, of winning - we are more than capable of winning all of those games. As much as I'd love that to happen, I will concede it probably won't. We should be going into every single one of those league games with that mindset ^ and get after these teams from the get go.

We are blessed with a wealth of talent and ability in this Blades squad - Probably the most I've ever been fortunate enough to see in the 20 odd years I've supported The Blades. I just hope that the lads are as tight- nit as we always hear they are, and they can pull together and get the results we need.

We're a fucking good side and we can do this!

In the wise rousing words of King Leonidus "BLADES, WHAT IS YOUR PROFFESSION!" (To which they reply PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTBALLERS!)

💯💯💯💯💯💯💯

Nah, it will be fine, my birthday is in April & the club has promised me they will win every game in April as a prezzy to me.

Huge Huge month

I think if we win all the games we'll go up

But if we lose them all we wont

Last edited:
Hi Stegosaurus here

I think its clear at this point that there are two possibilities. Either we stay up, or we go down

I reckon

Norwich - Draw
Wigan - Win
Burnley - Draw
Cardiff - Loss
Bristol - Draw
Man City - Loss
West Brom - Draw
PNE - Draw

Tough month for the blades far too many games IMO

Well we will possibly know the likely outcome on sat, if we play like we did v spurs and Blackburn, then it looks good for the other games.
If we start on the back foot v Norwich then.....
All options are open

We have 8 games in April. But Middlesborough and Luton and Norwich all have 7 games in April. So not that big a difference. I’ve not checked the others.

We have 8 games in April. But Middlesborough and Luton and Norwich all have 7 games in April. So not that big a difference. I’ve not checked the others.
You counting Man City game surely? Because after that were 2 games behind so can't have more league games.

That's right.

Hitler was born in April, and he killed 12 million people. Something that I for one, do not approve of.
Hillsborough disaster- April
Titanic sunk - April
San Fran earthquake 1906 - April
Boston Marathon bombing - April
President Lincoln Assassination
Etc etc

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230330_190520_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_190520_Chrome.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 8

I reckon

Norwich - Draw
Wigan - Win
Burnley - Draw
Cardiff - Loss
Bristol - Draw
Man City - Loss
West Brom - Draw
PNE - Draw

Tough month for the blades far too many games IMO
Draw at Burnley too?

No one really knows but I'd not be expecting much away at Burnley.

If we get that sort of points haul (7) we would be relying on winning probably 3 of the 4 remaining games.

Back
Top Bottom