Appreciation post to Slav

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

William Carey

Reaction score
Even though Slav did a shit job for us, he gave Ndiaye a new contract and gave him an opportunity against Peterborough on his debut in the 5-2 win. Without Slav, I doubt Ndiaye would have broken through and got an opportunity from us. He would have ended up leaving for free and still playing low league football. There is one thing Slav is good at, spotting talent and he’s done a fantastic job there. Everything else he did, forget it 😂.

Ndiaye owes him a thank you as well, because it helped him achieve his dream going to the World Cup. What a player Ndiaye has been for us in getting us to where we are this season.

Let’s get promoted, UTB ⚔️

Yeah I won’t be thanking Slav for that, he didn’t seem to have a clue. I thank the recruitment team for NDiaye & Hecky for coaching him.
Ultimately, Slav picks the team and I think at the time we had a pretty fit squad, start of the season.

Who else would have given Ndiaye a chance? Wilder wasn’t interested
Wilder had him training with the 1st team so you probably have that wrong.
Wilder left around that time.
If he had stayed I don't think there's any doubt Wilder would have played him ,the squad of players were very impressed with him saying"its just about impossible to steel the ball from him : we have seen since they were right.

Even though Slav did a shit job for us, he gave Ndiaye a new contract and gave him an opportunity against Peterborough on his debut in the 5-2 win. Without Slav, I doubt Ndiaye would have broken through and got an opportunity from us. He would have ended up leaving for free and still playing low league football. There is one thing Slav is good at, spotting talent and he’s done a fantastic job there. Everything else he did, forget it 😂.

Ndiaye owes him a thank you as well, because it helped him achieve his dream going to the World Cup. What a player Ndiaye has been for us in getting us to where we are this season.

We won 6-2 v Peterborough.

In the previous 18 months he was never in the squad. He was called up to the squad the day after Wilder left.
There has to be some doubt whether he would have played him.
Not expecting him to start that season but Wilder in my opinion rated him that's why he trained with the squad.He wasn't ready to crash the squad at that time,Wilder saw we had a possible gem and was preparing him for the jump to 1st team ,just needed time to mature ,we have really good player on our hands who will put bums on seats if we can keep him for a few years

Not expecting him to start that season but Wilder in my opinion rated him that's why he trained with the squad.He wasn't ready to crash the squad at that time,Wilder saw we had a possible gem and was preparing him for the jump to 1st team ,just needed time to mature ,we have really good player on our hands who will put bums on seats if we can keep him for a few years

I heard one of the reasons Wilder wouldnt or couldnt pick him was due to his contract situation which was resolved when he signed his current contract

Wilder doesn’t like youth - that much is obvious where ever he’s been.

He boasted about Ndaiye being most talented player in the club but never even gave him a sniff when we have literally no creativity at all! Same way brooks was nearly out the door on loan before he blew up the youth euros and wilder wouldn’t get him anywhere near the first team in the 100 point season. More than enough opportunities to have had him off the bench towards the end of that season - again he wasn’t interested.

Wilder gets credit rightly for a lot of things, I don’t think we need to pretend he was just about to start playing him. Ndaiye signed a contract after it became clear there was a pathway to the first team (there wasn’t under wilder) and instantly proved to be more than good enough and should have been starting all along.

He gave him and chance but I do get the feeling Hecky would have as well had he been appointed instead of Slav.

Slav would probably get more out of Khadra than we have.

6-2 and his full starting debut

Wilder doesn’t like youth - that much is obvious where ever he’s been.

He boasted about Ndaiye being most talented player in the club but never even gave him a sniff when we have literally no creativity at all! Same way brooks was nearly out the door on loan before he blew up the youth euros and wilder wouldn’t get him anywhere near the first team in the 100 point season. More than enough opportunities to have had him off the bench towards the end of that season - again he wasn’t interested.

Wilder gets credit rightly for a lot of things, I don’t think we need to pretend he was just about to start playing him. Ndaiye signed a contract after it became clear there was a pathway to the first team (there wasn’t under wilder) and instantly proved to be more than good enough and should have been starting all along.
If Wilder had no interest in playing Ndiah ? What was the point of having him training with the 1st team.
That season he was raw and nieve no way was he ready for a league start.
His contract situation obviously had an impact!
His contract sorted and he got his chance.He's not looked back since.

If Wilder had no interest in playing Ndiah ? What was the point of having him training with the 1st team.
His contract sorted and he got his chance.He's not looked back since.

You’d have to ask wilder that.

He was too raw to even be on the bench for a hopeless side with zero flair or creativity but 5 months later was essentially a fully formed championship player who stepped in and never looked back and played his way into international football?? That’s nonsense to me, it was the same with brooks. Wilder just doesn’t trust youth, that’s fair enough and had worked for him.

To my mind as soon as he saw a pathway to actually playing He was happy to sign a contract…. Why would he sign immediately when it was clear Slav wanted to play him but hold out before that.

This wasn't Slav.

A bigger driving force in the club.offering N'Diaye a deal is our current boss.

Not knocking Slav. He's a good coach our owner or board though sold him the wrong sale.
He wanted more changes in squad to suit his style.
Our board thought he could work with what we had.

You can argue that managers should work with what they have but some managers work.when they can sculpt more to how it works for them.

Hecky has changed a few things but it's using the squad and setup Wilder and knill started because 70% of the squad is geared for it

In the previous 18 months he was never in the squad. He was called up to the squad the day after Wilder left.
There has to be some doubt whether he would have played him.

I have no doubt that there might be some doubt, after all this is a football forum where people speculate on what might have been, and may, be.

I have no idea whether he would have played him or not, but I do know that he played David Brooks.

I heard one of the reasons Wilder wouldnt or couldnt pick him was due to his contract situation which was resolved when he signed his current contract
That’s also my understanding too. There was an impasse as for some reason (presumably relating to pay) IllimAn hadn’t been given a contract. That’s why he wasn’t playing. Slav clearly recognised the talent and basically told the club to get it sorted asap which they did. Well done Slav!

His contract situation didn't prevent him getting his first call up the day after Wilder left.

Back
Top Bottom