Annoyed by Osborn?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

wilders fault again im afraid dont mind ossie as a lwb but no way is he good enough to play lb in a back 4 in the premier league but that wasnt his only bad decision saturday grbic and souza should never have been on the pitch and neither should wear a blades shirt again ossie should have been employed to sit on berge all afternoon like he did with berkely at luton sander had the freedom of the lane saturday

Ossie is worth far more to us than his transfer market value.

Those who want him out are living in a dream world where we can afford depth in every position.
Abso-fookin-lutely

Of all the problems we currently have, Ben Osborn isn't one!

If Ben Osborn is the worst player in our first team squad next season, then I'll be exceedingly happy!

Osborn had 2nd most touches against Brentford at left mid and most touches against Burnley at left back as well as putting in most crosses against Burnley

At least he makes himself available for the ball and isn't a passenger unlike our Brazilian superstar.
Them stats say a lot about the guy ,100% every match never hides like some did on Saturday .Not the most talented but no one puts more effort in to a match than Ozzy.

Abso-fookin-lutely

Of all the problems we currently have, Ben Osborn isn't one!

If Ben Osborn is the worst player in our first team squad next season, then I'll be exceedingly happy!
agree mate . What a team that would be ,all giving 100% busting a gut and doing their best , Might not be pretty but how nice it would be to see once again a Blades team giving it's all never say die attitude . Just like Coventry yesterday . We have been spoiled because that at one time was our trade mark going for the throat of the opposition but not now .

Middle of second half, he gets outrun (again) by his winger and unsportingly tries to wrestle him to the ground around the halfway line. He gets brushed aside too easily, and falls smitten to the ground ( off the pitch) as if suffering a serious head injury. Rolls around for a minute, ignored by the ref, sheepishly gets up and carries on …. And moans when he gets a booking. Don’t know if it was for the wrestle, or the simulation, but it’s this sort of poor discipline that I can’t bear.
Either you're not a Blade & are a wind up merchant...or You've got pickled onions for eyes mate

It amazes me, how he's got to this level and after probably 20 years of very good coaching you still have no idea how to use your weaker (in this case non existent) foot. Just for a laugh I'd play him at right back now and tell him he gets fined 50 quid every time he touches the ball with his left foot. I'd also put him on free kicks and corners and tell him he can only use his right, bit of extra entertainment for the last few games. We could roll out the 50 quid fines for every time Souza points, Norwood slides on his arse, Trusty shows someone inside to have a shot, Anel every time he gets bullied off the ball and pulls someone back, I'd even fine Wilder 5k everytime he starts with the keeper who won a competition in the Croatian 442 magazine to play for us.

I think that, while Osborn is not footballing superstar, he is the least of our worries right now. Not blessed with the Ndiaye skill set, Ben Osborn is a versatile grafter, with limited skills.

I assumed he was booked for coming back onto the pitch without permission
its already been mentioned he got an arm in the face and then went a bit mad because the ref didnt do anything or give a free kick then got booked for moaning about it. Didnt appear to be simulation.

It amazes me, how he's got to this level and after probably 20 years of very good coaching you still have no idea how to use your weaker (in this case non existent) foot
John Fleck, James McAtee, and Phil Foden are 3 other examples of this. I’m not sure whether I notice it more because they’re all left footers but I can’t say I’ve ever thought about it with anyone who’s right footed, Oh no, I’ve got unconscious bias agains lefties🤦🏻‍♂️

'Listen' Osborn was signed as a back up player 'IF NEEDED' as was Jack Robinson FFS! The fact they're on the starting 11 just shows our demise.
Both are fuckin crap and the fact that we rate them shows our demise.FFS

Can't fault Osborn for his work rate and no player has improved more than JLT.

It's not simulation, it's downright cheating. Just wish the pundits called it cheating too.
Remember the Burnley player (might have been number 27) hit the deck and you could hear his scream from up in the BLUT. Rolled around while play went on around him . He got up after about 30 seconds as no one took any notice of him and started running around as if nothing had happened. This was at 4-1 too. Why the ref didn’t book him god only knows. Ruining the game.

He's not the greatest technician on the ball (his crosses are almost always terrible), but he has great attitude, good stamina, and solid football IQ. You have to have good football IQ to be as versatile as he is.
I think he's one of those players who has a good mind for the game, but just isn't blessed with the natural talent to perform on the highest level.

At the start of the season I said something along the lines of “the more Osborn plays, the lower down the league we’ll end up”. This is not me saying he’s anywhere near our worst player this season (he’s probably in the top few when he’s actually played).

However he should be nowhere near our starting xi unless we have completely screwed up our recruitment and squad composition.

I hope he extends his deal and doesn’t have to play much next season, because if he does play then it means we don’t have any better options (still).

He’s good to have as a sub for the times when we need the experience and versatility. But we’ll be no higher than midtable if he’s starting often.

At the start of the season I said something along the lines of “the more Osborn plays, the lower down the league we’ll end up”. This is not me saying he’s anywhere near our worst player this season (he’s probably in the top few when he’s actually played).

However he should be nowhere near our starting xi unless we have completely screwed up our recruitment and squad composition.

I hope he extends his deal and doesn’t have to play much next season, because if he does play then it means we don’t have any better options (still).

He’s good to have as a sub for the times when we need the experience and versatility. But we’ll be no higher than midtable if he’s starting often.
I said the same. I also said that if Osborn ever plays right back/right wing back again for this club we might as well all pack it in - the guy is one of the most left-footed players I've seen!
Having said all that, Osborn runs around a lot and is always a 6-7/10 and is probably worth a place in the squad just for that.

Just for a laugh I'd play him at right back

I said the same. I also said that if Osborn ever plays right back/right wing back again for this club we might as well all pack it in -

He has filled in at right back more than once. One time against Forest in the Championship if I’m not mistaken. He actually did far better than the other players who’d previously filled that gap.

His tactical awareness and ability to play across the pitch is first rate. That’s not a contradictory statement to the belief that he shouldn’t be starting at this level.

Thought he played well against Burnley. At least he gave a fuck compared to the other half of the team.

After full time (95% of the ground empty), the players acknowledged the fans. One bloke on the Kop was irate - pointing and banging his chest as if to ask “where’s your heart?”.

I’d have no problem with this aimed at Souza or Anel. But not Osborne. Ossie just stared at him fixedly whilst applauding those who’d stayed on.

I think he's a useful player to bring on if you're looking to close a game out (in theory, like that's ever going to happen!) or if the intention from the beginning is to park the bus and constantly be on the move at the back because he'll do more chasing than lazy arse Souza will ever do.

Forest fans love him because he scored a last minute winner at Pride Park about 10 years ago but he's not a starter in a Premier League or top end Championship team.

He's a "can do a job" gap filler for us though when his time comes to an end in probably the next year or so, I reckon he could easily rock up at Derby and play a few years there starting in a middling Championship team before winding it down.

I think we have to remember that Osborn wasn't a regular starter for us last season in the championship, or for Forest when they were in the championship. How he's anywhere near a premier league squad is everything you need to know about the current Sheffield United.

He's not the greatest technician on the ball (his crosses are almost always terrible), but he has great attitude, good stamina, and solid football IQ. You have to have good football IQ to be as versatile as he is.
I think he's one of those players who has a good mind for the game, but just isn't blessed with the natural talent to perform on the highest level.
Funny, we said exactly the opposite about his crossing on Saturday. He puts in whipped crosses a bit like Enda used to, he did one in each half on Saturday (which is what provoked the conversation).

He's a "can do a job" gap filler for us though when his time comes to an end in probably the next year or so, I reckon he could easily rock up at Derby and play a few years there starting in a middling Championship team before winding it down.

I’ve often thought he should drop down and be a mainstay at a lower club rather than be our occasional fire fighter. I think his career deserves that.

But now he might get chance to drop a level and do it with us. 😂

Back
Top Bottom