Annoyed by Osborn?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chessie dave

Reaction score
Middle of second half, he gets outrun (again) by his winger and unsportingly tries to wrestle him to the ground around the halfway line. He gets brushed aside too easily, and falls smitten to the ground ( off the pitch) as if suffering a serious head injury. Rolls around for a minute, ignored by the ref, sheepishly gets up and carries on …. And moans when he gets a booking. Don’t know if it was for the wrestle, or the simulation, but it’s this sort of poor discipline that I can’t bear.

Middle of second half, he gets outrun (again) by his winger and unsportingly tries to wrestle him to the ground around the halfway line. He gets brushed aside too easily, and falls smitten to the ground ( off the pitch) as if suffering a serious head injury. Rolls around for a minute, ignored by the ref, sheepishly gets up and carries on …. And moans when he gets a booking. Don’t know if it was for the wrestle, or the simulation, but it’s this sort of poor discipline that I can’t bear.
Watch it again - he gets elbowed in the face/head

I think you need to look at the footage again.

When you say gets brushed off easily, he takes a forearm across the face, could have done serious damage and a red card offence, not seen by the ref. The reason he’s complaining is because the ref missed what happened. Yes, a foul by Ben to start with, but no excuse for what happened after.

He gets an elbow in the face direct contact self inflicted tho’

I’m more annoyed with idea of Ben Osborn, than I am with Ben Osborn himself. This season he was always going to be a useful space filler, someone to come in and make up the numbers on our bench when injuries or suspensions dictated it. Unfortunately he’s ended up being an integral part of a hapless and largely uninterested team. I shudder to think what it would be like if players like him and JLT weren’t around.

Osborn is exactly the type to.keep around when you're on a tight budget.

Versatile, professional, and in certain roles a decent player ample good enough for the Championship.

Don't remember this incident yesterday tbh and haven't seen any footage back. I can't stand the feigning of injuries we see every game. Burnley players were going it in injury time at 4-1 and even Kompany was telling them to get up.

I don't get the unsporting bit though. Every team commits tactical fouls. Not saying its a great part of the game but we can't afford to be nicey nicely about that stuff.

Certainly wasn't his finest hour. He's a limited player but applies himself 100% to the task, which is more than can be said for most of the others.
I think he will do ok for us at Championship level.

Oh and even more annoying was the Burnley player who unlike Osborn rolled onto the pitch to thrash around and cry like a girl when there was nothing wrong with him (and they were 4-1 up at this point). So of course the ref stopped the game, where as Ozzie was too dim to realise that no one would care if he rolled around off the pitch.

It was at the John Street side near us and he looked like he took one in the face after trying to wrestle their player, he was rightly booked but I haven’t seen a replay so don’t know if the arm he took was accidental or nor, so no idea if their player should have been red carded or not. I like Osborn, he tries as hard as anyone and a lot more than most, he’s also versatile and is 100% committed, one of the few players to come out of the season with credit, so trying to find fault with him him is a strange one for me.

Ossie a limited player we know but if all our supposedly more talented players put in as much effort as him perhaps we might be a point or two better off.

With Robbo off injured him and Bogle look the best of our defence. Look at the number of times he busts a gut to get in their box and doesnt receive a pass. He is trying for the team which can be more than said for some of the others. Unfortunately this is the level we are seeing as being good because a few dont seem to care.

Sick and tired of these “he’ll do” players.
We will need at least 6 “he’ll do” players next season. We cannot replace the whole squad with better players.
We are no more entitled to be in the PL or the top of the Championship than other clubs, but some on here think we are and that we should be acquiring a squad of really good players by the beginning of next season. That is unrealistic.

Back
Top Bottom