Anel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

N'Diaye, Berge and now looking like Anel all sold within 6 months.

Well done United, nothing like a bit of ambition.
Anel has been piss poor and a walking yellow card.

Ndiaye and Berge didn't want to sign new deals, I don't blame the board for cashing in tbh. We'd still be relegated anyway.

Anything over 10m we have to sell. Huge profit aswell. Also we can't stop a big move like Napoli.
Whatever the circumstances, since promotion to the top division in world football we have seen our best players leave - and a lot of people actually think that’s ok 👌

Are Napoli really that big ?

Honestly

Tezza agreed, however one thing not mentioned which I think may have had a big negative affect on his form is tje spat he had with the Bosnian FA after 'failing to turn up for International games". They suspended him until further notice and I don't think he's played for them again.

My experience of Balkans is that they are all seriously proud of their heritage and love their countries. I'm sure the negative publicity around this will have affected both Anel and his family.

May well be, but he's swedish by all accounts, Bosnian via bloodline only - might never have even been to Bosnia outside of football.

Anel has been piss poor and a walking yellow card.

Ndiaye and Berge didn't want to sign new deals, I don't blame the board for cashing in tbh. We'd still be relegated anyway.

The board should have never let our 2 most valuable players get down to their final year of their contracts, it's piss poor planning.

I've been disappointed with Anel this season, but he's been playing for the worst team in the division by a mile, so I'll cut him a bit of slack for that.

Think id be poor if I had to play with this bag of crap every week

Ffs
He's part of the bag of crap aswell.

A defender that can't defend imo.

Additionally, Napoli, yes, they're far far far superior to us. Osimhen, Kvaratskhelia or Mcburnie and Hamer.....

Think id be poor if I had to play with this bag of crap every week

Ffs
To me, it looks like he's lost his individual battles. He's responsible for that (or just not quite good enough), not the other players.

The board should have never let our 2 most valuable players get down to their final year of their contracts, it's piss poor planning.

I've been disappointed with Anel this season, but he's been playing for the worst team in the division by a mile, so I'll cut him a bit of slack for that.
From what I understood, we've been trying to do deals with them for a long time, and they wanted to run their contracts down. No player can be forced to sign a deal.

Our back three is looking quite threadbare - Trusty / Robbo / Baldock?

Is George our only right footed senior defender if Anel goes…? Gotta be missing someone…

Should he go maybe that's enough to convince Curtis the chance of getting first team minutes isn't too difficult (only Baldock ahead of him at rcb right)? The money we gain could also contribute to bringing in Mepham as the centre CB. Not ideal but not the worst we could do.

One things for certain he won’t be going on the cheap as he’s contracted till 2026

Should he go maybe that's enough to convince Curtis the chance of getting first team minutes isn't too difficult (only Baldock ahead of him at rcb right)? The money we gain could also contribute to bringing in Mepham as the centre CB. Not ideal but not the worst we could do.
Thought Mepham was to replace Egan ?

I'd rather not see him leave but if the fee is big enough all clubs usually accept.

What would be big enough?

Got potential, was v.good last season for us, and has at times looked comfortable at this level. Although equally has also struggled in some games. More so before Wilder came in mind you.

We signed him for 3m. I reckon I wouldn't be entertaining anything less that 12-15m for him given he's still got 2 years left.

Quite amazing though that we have managed to lose in a way the spine of the team if he was to go from our promotion winning side.

Although you can argue that Hamer may prove to be better than Berge and that Archer is probably about the best we could have got as a striking option after N'Diaye who is irreplaceable for us.
As for Anel, its a position we are short in right now so that would surely merit new signings.

Is the rumoured Chris Mepham the right fit? Who knows. Totally didn't realise he was a 12m signing for Bournemouth in 2019 though.

Hopefully we can use this money and buy two up and coming cb’s who will be with us for a very long time. There are plenty of good up and coming players from the efl at the minute who we can target (Woolfenden, Cashin, Edwards, Ballard, Greaves).

Spending most of your week in Shirecliffe or Naples and the Amalfi coast??? Tough one! I bet he's already packed his bag and is searching Skyscanner for a flight

Always thought we should give him a go 8n the Norwood position, just infront of the back four, he could make his runs forward and drop into the back line when defending. Agree he's not been brilliant, like Baldock, I think his heads been turned by others moving, £12/15m , but I won't hold my breath with our board

Agree

And the less scouti
Hopefully we can use this money and buy two up and coming cb’s who will be with us for a very long time. There are plenty of good up and coming players from the efl at the minute who we can target (Woolfenden, Cashin, Edwards, Ballard, Greaves).
U
Isn’t Naples a bit of a Mafia infested shithole?
yes

Back
Top Bottom