Anel suspension

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Player's at any club picked for there national team are obliged to travel to be assessed by the medical team of that country, not withstanding they've broke there leg or such like.
John Egan is a good example where he took a knock against Everton was assessed by the Irish medical team and cleared to play.
Evan ferguson also travelled was assessed and deemed unfit and released back to Brighton.
The situation with Anel is unclear and needs to be clarified quickly in the interests of everyone not least Anel

There is not a chance in hell are FIFA banning Anel for not attending a Bosnia game cos he was injured.
...but if they needed to check whether he was injured are they not entitled to do that ?
Sorry hadn’t read the post above.

...but if they needed to check whether he was injured are they not entitled to do that ?
Sorry hadn’t read the post above.

I'm pretty sure there are no legal requirement to actually play for your national team. Its certainly not contractual, like playing for a club.

Good for him. The idea you should be obliged to fly out to another country just for them to confirm you're injured is ridiculous. National associations should take the club medical staff's word for it or GTFO

I just hope that it is a “minor injury” - he looked very uncomfortable in the first half on Saturday and at one point I thought that both him and Egan were going to have to come off.

Good for him. The idea you should be obliged to fly out to another country just for them to confirm you're injured is ridiculous. National associations should take the club medical staff's word for it or GTFO
If they really wanted their own assessment done you'd think they could contract a clinic in the UK to do an independent assessment or take scans and send them over.

Good on him for putting the statement out.

Whilst the Bosnian team may have some right to assess him, it's also not remotely unreasonable for a player with an injury to decide not to travel.

Nothing about his character suggests that he is anything but fully committed to playing every game possible, so he clearly feels like he would be aggravating a minor injury and risking more time out.

Then again I wouldn't blame him if he just didn't fancy it, as it is well publicised that there are issues behind the scenes.

Fuckinell another bad hammy.
We are so vulnerable with lack of cover at RCB/CCB.
We've got away with having just Bash for a while , but the issues with Anel & Egan this week serve to highlight a potential problem.

He should have just retired from international football, and then unretired after the weekend.

I wish John Egan would bin the Irish off instead of coming back more injured after hobbling around for 50 mins on Saturday then playing 2 internationals straight after.

Can't see how. You can refuse to play for your country.
I'm sure this will be one of those things we piece together bit by bit as the regulations of FIFA and Bosnian football come out in drips. You can refuse to play for your country but who knows how much bureaucracy FIFA has about withdrawing from a game once you've agreed to be in the squad? Maybe Anel needed to fill out form G-231 "Proper notice of injury during international match" but accidentally filled out H-749 "Notice to withdraw from international tournament". It's FIFA after all.

It does sound absurd at face value that an injured player would have to travel just to say "Yep, I am in fact injured" an then head home, and fuck knows why their nation would want them to anyway. Either they're injured and won't play, or they're not injured and don't want to play so you aren't going to pick them.

Don't think Anel will be turning out for Bosnia any time soon. The definition of what is a sports injury seems to be at the crux of the problem. Anel believes his hamstring injury was a sports injury that ruled him out and by definition does not require him to attend. Bosnia officials saying a slight hamstring strain is not a sports injury. One wonders what it is if it affects the players ability to play. How they can come to that conclusion without seeing him is hard to fathom.

Seems they are more annoyed about the comment relating to the national association which in hindsight was probably unwise to put in print even if accurate despite the fact he may have been annoyed at the suggestion he was being suspended believing he had followed the correct process.

Anel Suspension sounds something like my GP prescribed for me once. 🤔

I am reliably informed that it is now included in Foxy and Linz’s Disciplinary Protocol and I can think of a number of recent instances where it’s application would have been entirely appropriate . :)

There's no way Anel would pull a sicky just because he couldn't be arsed.....

I would imagine most players from that neck of the woods are furiously patriotic towards their country's. (Bos, Croatia, Serbia etc) And wouldn't pull a stunt like this unless it's genuine....

Rest up lad and enjoy the couple of weeks with your family.

Hope they have suspended him for a long time,then he wont have to go on international duty....injured or not.....only one loser the National team of Bosnia n Herg.

Back
Top Bottom