Anel & Clark > Egan & Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Was at Oakwell today & though he showed very good passing ability, I was left with a first impression after a few poor challenges (and I hoped never to use this term) but Anel rash.

I wouldn't agree with that.

I would say that JOC being unavailable has had a bigger impact on Enda and Fleck's game.
I think partnerships at Championship level are crucial.

Go back to our first season in the PL when the back 5 were almost ever present. That created a strength all of its own.

More recently, the impact of MGW on other players and the partnerships he encouraged and got involved in. Ndaye is certainly a better player this season because of the MGW influence.

I think we can all respect and understand the positive effects of players working together on a long term basis. Players become accustomed to positioning of team mates, but also have better understanding of any weaknesses, and happily cover for those.

This will always be more apparent at our current level, because we can’t afford a team of superstars. It also creates a very strong bond at dressing room level.

Players like Sharp and Egan are probably responsible for leading this. Just listen to the Angel post match interview. Impressed by the welcome he received, and also by the atmosphere created by fans noise at the lane.

Talented individuals will always shine, like MGW did. The Blades strength lies in understanding partnerships, and a very healthy team spirit!

Back
Top Bottom