Ampadu

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you keep him?

• Total voters
The lad has played in a load of positions and has pretty decent in a poor team.

Really can't see where he would fit in once everybody is fit.

We need to solve centre midfield for next season - is he a centre mid who would command the centre of the pitch? Not convinced.

As FOR centre midfield - if no one offers what ever figure is in Berge's contract, then he stays with us. If Fleck can rediscover (hopefully) his past form, then it's Fleck and berge in the centre of a 4 with a no:10 in front.

I've discussed what team we would like to play next season with a few Blades, and he doesn't get a mention.

There will be plenty of other Championship class players to pick from.

Sadly, a no from me.

UTB

They won't want to sell him at all, so I'd imagine 20m plus, which of course he isn't worth, but that's how things are. At best they'd loan him out again, but no way he drops to the championship

Not sure mate
If you look at their CB/CDM he has some right competition
And if these loose one will they replace with a 21yr old welsh lad that’s just been relegated, or write a £70m cheque out

Maybe loan to palace if Cahill leaves??

But I don’t think he is, or ever will be keeping Tiago or Kante out of the team...

Don't get the hype about him, he's not even got a set position where he looks comfortable in.

It's a no from me, with a fully fit team, I'm still not convinced that he starts. He's one for the future, but any signing next season needs to be able to make an immediate impact. It there's big investment anywhere it needs to be in midfield, creative midfielders specifically.

I’d definitely take him if the price is right, somewhere around £5m would be about right from our point of view but l guess Chelsea will want maybe £8-10m.

It’s such a hard season to judge players when the confidence is rock bottom, I’ve been impressed watching him for Wales and a couple of occasions for Leipzig.

Think he’s a Rolls Royce of a player on his day, would have love to see him next to Berge in a 4-2-3-1 with some pace in front of him

After seeing him sprint past that useless lump 'Lunny' to get back to defend last week, I would take him on loan again..

I'd have him if he was available cheaply but not at 10 million quid. Honestly I don't think he's worth anywhere near that. It's possible that Chelsea will want rid as he's no where their side.

He's improved a lot but still very unsure about him. Makes some really weak and nesh challenges for a defender. Not good enough on the ball or good enough passing for a centre mid. This is at premier league level though. At championship level he would be decent but he is a luxury we can't afford

Depends on the price. If Chelsea rate him still I presume they'll look to loan him to another Premier League club. If not, if we can get him for a few million, then buy.

He's not good enough, the end
He's 20. Sure he's made a few errors and at times hasn't looked interested (recently he's one of few that actually has looked interested), but where was Maguire at 20? There's signs he'll develop into a top player. If he'd come through our academy we'd all be wanking

He's out of our reach anyway

I think he's a very promising player and needs first-team football which he might not get anywhere else and he has enjoyed his time with us despite the season we're having. In defence, he does get out-muscled at set-pieces, but he looks very comfortable on the ball and has developed extremely well through the season. With Berge and Lundstram going he could be defensive CMF with the ability to get forward at times, like doing Lundstram's job but properly.

I like the kid and I think he has a good career ahead of him. loan to buy, or a straight buy up to £5m

Having said all that, first Liverpool, then Everton, now Man Utd linked with Kyron Gordon. Maybe Ampadu's replacement is already here

I'd the price is right then fair enough as he has potential. That said I'm not sure he has the physique for Championship football game after game where he might struggle.

After a very dodgy start he has pulled his socks up and started to look one of the better ones in our side. But as other have said he's not really convinced in any one position. So for the money I think he will cost I'm not convinced that we can't get better value elsewhere. Decent lad but probably not worth the money it will take to get him permanently as that money can be used elsewhere.

I'm not sold on him, he doesn't seem to have any particularly outstanding attributes either physically or in footballing ability.
I don't really see where he fits long term in our line up or anyone elses at the moment. Utility players are useful for a squad but not if you're a young player trying to make their mark and carve out a role week in week out for themselves.

He's 20. Sure he's made a few errors and at times hasn't looked interested (recently he's one of few that actually has looked interested), but where was Maguire at 20? There's signs he'll develop into a top player. If he'd come through our academy we'd all be wanking

And I think people forget this. There are older players in our youth set-up nowhere near the first team.

I'm not sure we were the right loan for him. He should have gone to a top end Championship side really. His naivety and inexperience has been exposed, at times. He needs to get stronger and learn his game. He's nowhere near good enough in the air to be a PL CB, at the moment.

People rave about Bogle, who is also 20, but defensively he's poor as well. Nowhere near good enough for top flight football. That doesn't mean he won't be in a couple of years.

Jack of all trades, master of none. If we have a small budget I’d rather focus our funds on adding a creative number 10 in the middle.

Loan with option to buy nice to give him another year see what he can do against lesser player. Although, he will likely end up at another promoted side, wouldn’t be surprised if he went on loan to Norwich. Chelsea will do Chelsea things which effectively means not pay much towards the wages of an employee for others to continue to develop before selling him on at a profit.

He’s done ok - nowhere near the worst of our performers this season.

that said he is probably further away from a Chelsea start than he was before the loan spell. Our injuries have meant he’s not settled into a position whilst here. And to be honest he’s not screamed PL class that would have other teams queuing up for him.

he’ll be out on loan somewhere next season, and it’s debatable if anyone in the PL would be in for him.

I'd sign him, he plays with RND at international level too, form a partnership.
But I also thought we should've signed Besic, so what do I know!?

I think he's a very promising player and needs first-team football which he might not get anywhere else and he has enjoyed his time with us despite the season we're having. In defence, he does get out-muscled at set-pieces, but he looks very comfortable on the ball and has developed extremely well through the season. With Berge and Lundstram going he could be defensive CMF with the ability to get forward at times, like doing Lundstram's job but properly.

I like the kid and I think he has a good career ahead of him. loan to buy, or a straight buy up to £5m

Having said all that, first Liverpool, then Everton, now Man Utd linked with Kyron Gordon. Maybe Ampadu's replacement is already here
If those three clubs are in for Gordon we can wave him goodbye and there’s not a hope in hell Ampadu will be playing for us next season either.

Personally, I would buy if possible. He is improving, versatile, confident and fast(ish). He has an occasional mistake in him but is young. Not afraid to put his foot in and will, IMO, be a first rate prem player in 3-4 years. It will also leave us loan room in the market. After saying all that, we won’t get him as a prem team will buy him, I feel. He won’t be wanted by Chelski though.

I'd sign him, he plays with RND at international level too, form a partnership.
But I also thought we should've signed Besic, so what do I know!?
I agree on all accounts. I too, would’ve signed Besic.

I think it’s unfair to say he is a jack of all trades. Because of CW and Heckarse, he has not really been played in any one position long enough to command it. I believe he favours mid field but for some reason, all the management want Lundstram in the side...go figure!

He needs to concentrate on a midfield position he hasn't got the physique to be a centre back. Not his fault but we haven't been the right loan move for him due to our injuries he has never had a settled position. Still shows more commitment than F ing Lundstram though.

I disagree on the Maguire comparison. Even at 20 you could tell HM would reach the top, he was always built and strong even at a young age. He also chipped in with goals.

Back
Top Bottom