Ampadu

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you keep him?

• Total voters

steve26272

Reaction score
Ampadu has had no dialogue with TT at Chelsea

Can’t see him getting a game if he goes back there, so maybe an option to keep him

Transfer market has him at £10m and £8.3k pw

If Chelsea wanted say £12m, and he asked for £20k pw would you buy him

I’m unsure, he’s looked good some games and can play multiple positions

However he has also looked lightweight and wonder whether he would get bullied by some of the Championship bully boys

Honestly sit in the middle

Thoughts??

He’s been a really positive developer this season. Second to Ramsdale for most improved. Sadly the mood of the entire team seems to have dropped recently and he’s been in and out of the side due to games against Chelsea, so it’s not been easy to see his qualities lately.

I definitely see him as a left cb or cb, but no way should he be played as a DM as I don’t think he has the range of passing needed. Happy for him to prove me wrong there though

If we can get him within our financial structure and he wants to drop down with us then it’s a no brainer

I would gladly take him back on loan. I don't think we can afford to buy him at this point.

Think he has improved over the Season with us, but £10m buy ?, no way

Happy for a second year, but contributing less, Chelsea paying more

Can’t see him getting a game if he goes back there, so maybe an option to keep him

However he has also looked lightweight and wonder whether he would get bullied by some of the Championship bully boys

Thoughts??

I've voted buy.. he's young so he's going to have the occasional mistake, but he'll be getting regular experience with him playing for Wales.

No. I don't see him as good enough right now and think the "potential" would make the fee to hefty.

Thoughts??

I vote no to buy him but I'd suggest he's not yet at PL standard on the evidence this year. A year getting games in a top 6 championship team might be the best thing for his career next season. Decent loan option to fight for CB/CM role.

2 years left on his deal at Chelsea, he's not going to make it there

He'll be a better player in the league below when we have more of the ball. I'm still not sure he isn't just an average right back helping out in the middle though 🤷‍♂️

Thoughts??

Chelsea won't sell him yet and they won't want to loan him to a championship team. So it will most likely be a Premier loan again, possibly one of the promoted teams.

If he was truly available for a reasonable price then yeah I’d buy him he’s playing at a good level at a young age and there’s room for improvement in there. However like others have said signing a contract with Chelsea is like making a deal with the devil and they’ll squeeze every last penny out of him they can in loan fees before letting him go.

Strange one.

I was pleased when we got him on loan as I'd been impressed the times I'd seen him for Wales, and once or twice for Chelsea and in Germany.

Overall I've been a bit disappointed with his total contribution this season but there are mitigating factors for me.

It's easy to forget how young the lad still is and it can't have been easy playing different positions sporadically in the first part of the season in a losing team.

I think his best position might still be defensive midfield but it all depends on which manager we get and how he sees us playing.

£5m absolute tops, offers some versality between the defence & midfield.

Have we got better of our own coming through,?
If so, now would be the best time to bring them on.
If not, now would be the best time to get looking..... :tumbleweed:

No chance we can afford him, young player with a decent profile won’t come cheap. I don’t think we’re in a position to buy him either when we need immediate improvement in various positions, no need to overspend on one position

Loan for next season with a view to buy at the end. He’ll be only £4-5m as his contract will have run down another year. He’s perfect for Bash’s long term replacement.
He’ll never break through at Chelsea, and I’ve doubts if he’ll get a regular slot in a PL team next season.

I think he’ll get another loan with a PL side like Norwich or Watford. If he goes to a Championship side next season it’ll surely be a Fulham or Swansea.

Back
Top Bottom