Americans ready to invest?...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or is it a slow news day?

I'm led to believe they definately looked at the club in detail last year, but is there any truth in The People's claims and American consortium is about to move in?

Or is it a slow news day?

I'm led to believe they definately looked at the club in detail last year, but is there any truth in The People's claims and American consortium is about to move in?

They did spend a good deal of time at the Lane.

We will wait and see.

:)

Bullshit !

McCabe will do nowt until after the payout from the cheats.
Mind yer that will be anytime so it might not be bullshit.

If they look at the fans reactions at the moment, they'd think that this club was more doomed than the titanic and run the other way with their money quicker Usian Bolt!!

Proposed takeover from American Consortium

(Taken from the sunday people Newspaper)

Meanwhile, Sheffield United and Millwall have both been targeted for takeovers.

Advertisement

A u.S. consortium is closing in on the Blades while there has been extraordinary share dealing at Millwall ahead of a proposed outside bid.

In suday people today

As far as the business side of soccer goes, investing in the Blades or going for a takeover would make good business sense, we are on a sound footing with no shortage of valuable assets, not to forget a strong fan base, which offers the prospect of long term stability. May be media chat but is likely to happen.

If there prepared to invest in the playing side of things then im all for it

I'd say that football clubs don't make wise investments, but I think Americans are looking to tie their money up out of the country.

I'd say that football clubs don't make wise investments, but I think Americans are looking to tie their money up out of the country.

Agreed - there's far too much instability, especially in a team like ours (i.e. outside of the top flight, but with aspirations to get there).

Just received the Blades Christmas E-card "Happy Holidays from the Blades"

Since when have Sheffielders started saying "Happy Holidays"!!!!!!!

I hate the American Bastardisation of our language, tha knows

It's to cover all denominations that might receive the card. I'm sure any Jewish Blades aren't really too fussed about a Christmas card.

Don't really have a problem with Happy holidays, I have more of an issue with kids not being able to have a nativity at school.

It's to cover all denominations that might receive the card. I'm sure any Jewish Blades aren't really too fussed about a Christmas card.

Don't really have a problem with Happy holidays, I have more of an issue with kids not being able to have a nativity at school.

It starts with happy Holidays then leads on to the harder stuff like banning Nativity.

We're a nation and a City that celebrates Christmas. Doesn't mean we're fundamental Christians or whatever, in fact I don't give too fecks if there was or wasn't a christ, god, stable, but thats the culture I was brought up in. So if thats my culture and people move into our city/ support our club then they should accept everything that goes with it.

I've had to accept things when i've worked in Europe, Middle East, Far East, Kazakhstan and Russia, so it really grates on me that our language has been bastardiSed in this way.

I notice we now have "rail stations" as well.

On the removal of Christian references, we do it misguidedly.

This Christmas, I've had Christmas cards from customers in Israel (OK, it said Marry Christmas in error), and from Muslim customers in Saudi Arabia and Iran. They don't celebrate it, but they know we do and are happy to acknowledge it.

We have no reason to re-name the celbrations as Winterval, as Birmingham did a few years back, there was no ethnic pressure to do so, in fact it caused bemusement amongst the Asian community.

We have no reason to re-name the celbrations as Winterval, as Birmingham did a few years back.....

Not true of course.

Except of course for the fact that it is true.

wikipedia said:
Winterval was a season of public events in Birmingham, England organised by Birmingham City Council in each of two consecutive winters: first from 20 November 1997 to 31 December 1997, and then again from mid-October 1998 to mid-January 1999.........

In 1998, Church of England leaders in Birmingham criticised the "Winterval" concept. Mark Santer, then Bishop of Birmingham, said in a message to his parishes, "I confess I laughed out loud when our city council came out with Winterval as a way of not talking about Christmas. No doubt it was a well-meaning attempt not to offend, not to exclude, not to say anything at all.....

So yes, Birmingham council did decide to call it "Winterval".

The real pleasure in life is to celebrate the differences between cultures and people, not try to deny their existence. Still, give someone a job as an 'Equality Manager' or some similar title, and this is the bollocks they tend to come up with.

I never suggested Winterval didnt exist. I said that i wasn't a renaming of Christmas. Winterval included Christmas as part of its celebrations, as well as several other festivals from other religions.

The Daily Mail brigade then jumped on the story and wrongly suggested that the council had renamed Christmas as Winterval to avoid offending other religions/cultures.

I never suggested Winterval didnt exist. I said that i wasn't a renaming of Christmas. Winterval included Christmas as part of its celebrations, as well as several other festivals from other religions.

The Daily Mail brigade then jumped on the story and wrongly suggested that the council had renamed Christmas as Winterval to avoid offending other religions/cultures.

I saw similar in Coventry when I worked down there a few years ago - they allowed pronouncements of Happy Wintertime all ove the Christmas period..

Why do Councils do it - are they just anti-religion or is it just Christianity they wish to homogenise?

I saw similar in Coventry when I worked down there a few years ago - they allowed pronouncements of Happy Wintertime all ove the Christmas period..

Why do Councils do it - are they just anti-religion or is it just Christianity they wish to homogenise?

Its a bit of a cleft stick really. There is a lot of sensitivity about not-excluding people from our society, not devaluing people or discriminating against them. The principle is a good one, but its how it had been implemented that has turned it into political correctness gone mad.

The simple fact is that our society is varied and multi-cultural. I feel strongly that people from all nations have the right to perpetuate their traditions, to hold their festivals and maintain their faith, but that doesn't mean we have to apologise for our own and try to hide them and that seems to have been the driver behind a lot of the guff.

Maybe part of the problem is that we, as a people, have become God-less, and aren't sure what we believe in anymore...

Friends of mine went on holiday to America this year, and went to watch the LA Galaxy. They said it was much more of a family crowd than English football, with lots of women and kids. Very Americanised too, funnily enough, but a very good atmosphere. Just diferent. The Yanks do "get" soccerball, just a little differently. As long as any American investors are like Randy Lerner at Villa rather than the Americans at Man Utd or Liverpool then there shouldn't be a problem.

Imagine if we got taken over by some septics.... the FA would obviously back the Yanks and insist we changed our name to "Team Sheffield" just like the Great Britain Olympics is now "Team GB".

We'd end up with big foam hands and fans chanting "Go Sheffield" instead of the Chip Butty.

The upside of course would be that Captain Blade and his dead parrot would be replaced by stunning Cheerleaders shipped in from Yank land for half a season only to be replaced by big birds off of the Manor and Norfolk Park... Just like what happened in Peppermint Hippos!

I am sick of that newish term.Same here in Canada the term seems to show up in front of everything is it a French idea?

Back
Top Bottom