Almost 14 Years Ago. Does anyone have video footage?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think any of our players equalising in a play off semi final would show the same amount of passion.

That goal was to cancel out Nottm Forest's opening goal in the Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg.
We were 2 down, Brown's FK made it 1-2. It was Steve Kabba who equalised

On The Road, the fans' guide to following your team around the country.
We were driving a Ford Galaxy not a Range Rover. Not all TV is made on a big budget y'know.
We weren't allowed to show any match action for contractual reasons, only able to film crowd reaction...if the match was apparent it was ok but we couldn't point the cameras directly at the game. Stupid, but that's football and Television for you. In fact, doing a London episode, we actually got chased out of a Millwall game by a bunch of fans who thought we were filming for the police!
And Yes, the pig band featured (nothing to do with me)as did the Chuckle Brothers (who we interviewed in the now non existent Belvedere pub on Moorgate) as each programme featured four or five teams from a region...ours also covered Rotherham and Barnsley...

Bit of a stab in the dark as regards the make of car to be honest. Anyway, it was a great day!

Is it the one on 2.33 of this video?

No. The goal he scored against Birmingham is not on that video.

It looks to me as though this is a compilation of his goals from the 2002-3 season. The goal he scored against Birmingham was in the 2001-2 season or maybe even before that.

No shot has ever been hit harder than Big Tri's goal at the Lane or the goal he scored at Tranmere.
Brown did score some great goals.

I have some vague memories of that day, and I mean vague as it was my birthday piss up and I was ended up fucking mortalled all day.

The evening events were of an adult nature as well if my recollections are correct.......

As has been mentioned, none of the goals that Brown scored for us will ever be better than the one he scored against Wednesday. It was an incredible finish. If that had been in the Premier League they'd still be playing at now as one of the best goals ever.

sportinguista The Belvedere on Moorgate was my local. Snuck in for my first ever underage pint, spent many a sixth form free period loafing in there, and graduated to working behind the bar once I was 18. Used to get Paul Stancliffe in a fair bit.

It's a bloody Tesco Express now. Decline of our once great nation right there. RIP the Belv.

Warnock at the end of that video 'I'll tell you what, they've got some guts...'

What chances do we have of hearing Adkins say this before the seasons out?

if only we had that team now and not this shower of shit

is it me or was football players better then than now

Didn't he score a screamer at Walsall in the 02/03 season. Down to 10 men and ended up winning 1-0. Smashed it in the top corner.

I went to that game and saw Sean Bean there. He sometimes looked rather embarrassed at the attention he was getting when fans came up to greet him. We won 3-2 I think.

I was there, stood just in front of Bean. We did win three two, Carl Veart scored as did Nathan Blake. One goal (Veart's I think) came from an outrageous bounce over the Derby keepers head (lazy eyed Steve Sutton I think). Good day that.

Five goals I would love to see again, if anyone has the footage I would love it!

The Brown one v Brum.
Tri Dellas wonderbolt v Pompey
Gareth Taylor volley against Forest
Glyn Hodges late winner at home to Derby that started 'the run' and celebration.
John Francis, yup, diving header.

I haven't looked at the video yet but if I remember rightly, Brownie scored 16 goals in the league that season: 5 penalties, 1 from inside the box - and 10 from outside the box. I think the next best that season in that division terms of goals from outside the box was 4.

Deano and Jags were better players, and looked good in the top flight, but I still think there's an argument that Brown's 2002-3 is the greatest season by a United player since I've been watching - and of course he didn't win player of the year.

Five goals I would love to see again, if anyone has the footage I would love it!

The Brown one v Brum.
Glyn Hodges late winner at home to Derby that started 'the run' and celebration.

The John Francis one is definitely on Youtube - all 9 goals from the Brighton game are shown in 2 minutes.

The Brown one v Brum.
Here's one for starters:

I was there, stood just in front of Bean. We did win three two, Carl Veart scored as did Nathan Blake. One goal (Veart's I think) came from an outrageous bounce over the Derby keepers head (lazy eyed Steve Sutton I think). Good day that.

If its the game I'm thinking of...

Veart put us 1-0 up on about 10 mins
They equalised when a free kick hit teh post, the back of Billy Mercer's head, and rolled into the goal
Whitehouse then put us 2-1 up wil a volley from the corned of teh penalty area just after half time
They equalised again, about 10 mns from time
And with 5 mins left I thought it was Aidy Littlejohn that got the winner

If its the game I'm thinking of...

Veart put us 1-0 up on about 10 mins
They equalised when a free kick hit teh post, the back of Billy Mercer's head, and rolled into the goal
Whitehouse then put us 2-1 up wil a volley from the corned of teh penalty area just after half time
They equalised again, about 10 mns from time
And with 5 mins left I thought it was Aidy Littlejohn that got the winner

Veart got the winner . 4th Feb 1995

Ah yes, if I remembr correctly Littlejohn probably should have scored, but the keeper saved it, and Veart scrambled home the rebound?

From vague memory I think that's right. I have the season review for that season, which Foxy kindly put on DVD for me. I can check it out if you are that bothered :)

You seem to have mastered the Quote functionality Dazzler so who knows where your capabilities end :)

I could mention here some complicated sexual practice that would tax the brain of the average bloke, but which I treat like crossing the road, but I suspect I would be told off for lowering the tone....

There's only one game that i really remember that season :)

Would that be the WBA debacle?

Surely not one of the two goalless draws against Wednesday. None of those was a particularly memorable game.

If you're thinking of the win at Hillsborough, that was in the latter stages of the 2000-1 season.

I have some vague memories of that day, and I mean vague as it was my birthday piss up and I was ended up fucking mortalled all day.

The evening events were of an adult nature as well if my recollections are correct.......
Did you get a Golden Retriever to fetch you a dildo to play with then?
Or is that a bit too far fetched?

Back
Top Bottom