All quiet on transfer front

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fuck off, it's just as real as Pokemon Go ;)

I cannot and will not take that seriously.
Unless it's underlined.
Doubly serious if concluded with the word fact in CAPS lock.

Sort it and "raise yer game"
I don't need to add a smiley...
I know you'll know... :cool:

I cannot and will not take that seriously.
Unless it's underlined.
Doubly serious if concluded with the word fact in CAPS lock.

Sort it and "raise yer game"
I don't need to add a smiley...
I know you'll know... :cool:

Fuck off, it's just as real as Pokemon Go FACT ;)

Put it in bold too cos I'm a proper rebel ;)

I’d say on paper Wright and Wilson look a long way from being quality meaning we still desperately need improvement at centre half. We fought off Shrewsbury, Rochdale and Leyton Orient for Oldham’s Wilson who divided opinion of fans of a team that just survived relegation. Wright is the wrong side of 30, the wrong side of 6 foot, has never played above league 2 level, only managed 29 games last season at that level and was released by Oxford despite still being under contract. About as far as you can get from good on paper. Most of us had never heard of Hussey either. Fleck, O Connell and Duffy look decent on paper. The others don’t. It’s just a case of hoping that Wilder is assembling a side where players’s strengths compliment each other and hide their weaknesses to make the team more than the sum of it’s parts.

For what it’s worth, I’m not at all confident of a positive result at Bolton. As always, living in hope rather than expectation (or Castleton before some smart-arse pipes up)

As things currently stand, that defence is going to let in a lot of goals. We urgently need another centre back. I'd like a keeper too but have more or less accepted that We are stuck with Long barring a disaster at Bolton.

I just wonder If we do get promotion this time, will we try to buy back the good players we've sold, or will they be too expensive ?

Michael Brown, Brian Deane and Phil Jagielka are on Wilder's speed dial for the end of the season.

Still a few weeks to go and as we all know the window doesn't close till late August. Unlike last season, we've done the majority of the business by now and on paper at least the signings look quality. If we get Leon Clarke and a decent left winger, we'll finally get out of this cesspit of a league.

I would suggest GK, CH, CM, CF, and winger still needed to be competitive in L1 this season.

Any less and its going to be another frustrating, demoralising, and ultimately disappointing season .......

UTB & FTP

Looks like we've signed Leon Clarke.
The attack looks very strong but we don't know who (if anyone) is going out yet.

It's funny reading the Coventry forum.
They are a really bitter bunch because he was their star player 2 years ago and they really wanted him back.

The Cov fans are saying things like

Blades trying to buy the league again, they are the Man City of league 1 and
........They'll piss the league now
And .......they're nailed on for promotion they've bought all the better players in league 1
And ..... He's only joining Sheff Utd because they pay the biggest wages and Clarke always goes to the highest bidders, Leons a complete mercenary
And.... Isn't their owner a billionaire Saudi Prince, no wonder they always spend big whilst our fans at Coventry have no investment and are fed scraps.

I would suggest GK, CH, CM, CF, and winger still needed to be competitive in L1 this season.

Any less and its going to be another frustrating, demoralising, and ultimately disappointing season .......

UTB & FTP

I kind of agree however one thing that we shouldn't under estimate is the effect of the manager.
Last season many of our players looked dis interested and went backwards.
Ie Adams started brilliantly then was very averwge for most of the season.
Done was like a different player and fairly poor all season etc

If the players are organised and motivated with added confidence then we could do well.
Every season I'm usually quite optimistic when we bring in loads of players, anything could happen.
But the law of averages says that clubs that have the bigger budgets sooner or later get success over clubs that annually had small budgets.

Looks like we've signed Leon Clarke.
The attack looks very strong but we don't know who (if anyone) is going out yet.

It's funny reading the Coventry forum.
They are a really bitter bunch because he was their star player 2 years ago and they really wanted him back.

The Cov fans are saying things like

Blades trying to buy the league again, they are the Man City of league 1 and
........They'll piss the league now
And .......they're nailed on for promotion they've bought all the better players in league 1
And ..... He's only joining Sheff Utd because they pay the biggest wages and Clarke always goes to the highest bidders, Leons a complete mercenary
And.... Isn't their owner a billionaire Saudi Prince, no wonder they always spend big whilst our fans at Coventry have no investment and are fed scraps.

How little they know

Back
Top Bottom